ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Gary Oldman Leads Human Resistance In ‘Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes’ (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270579)

Tribal Warfare 02-28-2013 05:51 PM

Gary Oldman Leads Human Resistance In ‘Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes’

Gary Oldman Leads Human Resistance In ‘Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes’

EXCLUSIVE: Gary Oldman is joining Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, the Matt Reeves-directed sequel to Fox’s successful ape reboot Rise of the Planet of the Apes. William Clarke and Kodi-Smit McPhee have already been set. I’m told that Oldman will play Dreyfus, leader of the human resistance after the apes have taken power. Fox has set the film for release on May 23, 2014. Oldman most recently starred in Lawless and The Dark Knight Rises, and will next be seen in the Robocop remake for MGM. He’s repped by Douglas Management Group and APA.

keg in kc 05-08-2013 04:10 PM

Official plot summary:
Quote:

A growing nation of genetically evolved apes led by Caesar is threatened by a band of human survivors of the devastating virus unleashed a decade earlier. They reach a fragile peace, but it proves short-lived, as both sides are brought to the brink of a war that will determine who will emerge as Earth’s dominant species.

Tribal Warfare 12-18-2013 03:49 PM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/AzpdZs8ydHk?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<mytubeelement data="{&quot;bundle&quot;:{&quot;label_delimitor&quot;:&quot;:&quot;,&quot;percentage&quot;:&quot;%& quot;,&quot;smart_buffer&quot;:&quot;Smart Buffer&quot;,&quot;start_playing_when_buffered&quot;:&quot;Start playing when buffered&quot;,&quot;sound&quot;:&quot;Sound&quot;,&quot;desktop_notification&quot;:&quot;Desktop Notification&quot;,&quot;continuation_on_next_line&quot;:&quot;-&quot;,&quot;loop&quot;:&quot;Loop&quot;,&quot;only_notify&quot;:&quot;Only Notify&quot;,&quot;estimated_time&quot;:&quot;Estimated Time&quot;,&quot;global_preferences&quot;:&quot;Global Preferences&quot;,&quot;no_notification_supported_on_your_browser&quot;:&quot;No notification style supported on your browser version&quot;,&quot;video_buffered&quot;:&quot;Video Buffered&quot;,&quot;buffered&quot;:&quot;Buffered&quot;,&quot;hyphen&quot;:&quot;-&quot;,&quot;buffered_message&quot;:&quot;The video has been buffered as requested and is ready to play.&quot;,&quot;not_supported&quot;:&quot;Not Supported&quot;,&quot;on&quot;:&quot;On&quot;,&quot;off&quot;:&quot;Off&quot;,&quot;click_to_enable_ for_this_site&quot;:&quot;Click to enable for this site&quot;,&quot;desktop_notification_denied&quot;:&quot;You have denied permission for desktop notification for this site&quot;,&quot;notification_status_delimitor&quot;:&quot;;&quot;,&quot;error&quot;:&quot;Error&quo t;,&quot;adblock_interferance_message&quot;:&quot;Adblock (or similar extension) is known to interfere with SmartVideo. Please add this url to adblock whitelist.&quot;,&quot;calculating&quot;:&quot;Calculating&quot;,&quot;waiting&quot;:&quot;Waiting&q uot;,&quot;will_start_buffering_when_initialized&quot;:&quot;Will start buffering when initialized&quot;,&quot;will_start_playing_when_initialized&quot;:&quot;Will start playing when initialized&quot;,&quot;completed&quot;:&quot;Completed&quot;,&quot;buffering_stalled&quot;:&quot;Bu ffering is stalled. Will stop.&quot;,&quot;stopped&quot;:&quot;Stopped&quot;,&quot;hr&quot;:&quot;Hr&quot;,&quot;min&quot;:&q uot;Min&quot;,&quot;sec&quot;:&quot;Sec&quot;,&quot;any_moment&quot;:&quot;Any Moment&quot;,&quot;popup_donate_to&quot;:&quot;Donate to&quot;,&quot;extension_id&quot;:null},&quot;prefs&quot;:{&quot;desktopNotification&quot;:true,&quo t;soundNotification&quot;:true,&quot;logLevel&quot;:0,&quot;enable&quot;:true,&quot;loop&quot;:false ,&quot;hidePopup&quot;:false,&quot;autoPlay&quot;:false,&quot;autoBuffer&quot;:true,&quot;autoPlayOn Buffer&quot;:true,&quot;autoPlayOnBufferPercentage&quot;:42,&quot;autoPlayOnSmartBuffer&quot;:true,& quot;quality&quot;:&quot;hd1080&quot;,&quot;fshd&quot;:true,&quot;onlyNotification&quot;:false,&quot ;enableFullScreen&quot;:true,&quot;saveBandwidth&quot;:true,&quot;hideAnnotations&quot;:false,&quot; turnOffPagedBuffering&quot;:true}}" event="preferencesUpdated" id="myTubeRelayElementToPage"></mytubeelement><mytubeelement data="{&quot;loadBundle&quot;:true}" event="relayPrefs" id="myTubeRelayElementToTab"></mytubeelement>

keg in kc 12-18-2013 03:57 PM

Nice.

Rausch 12-18-2013 04:04 PM

Nice.

I always hoped this would get a 2nd chance with a serious approach.

ThaVirus 12-18-2013 04:48 PM

LOVED the first one and found myself rooting for the apes over the humans throughout the movie.

A couple things about this one:

1) Cesar's got war paint and spears in the trailer; I wonder how they're going to play off the war between the apes and humans. Seems pointless for the people after they've spent 8 years fighting off the virus and each other.

2) I wonder if all of the apes will be speaking.

listopencil 12-18-2013 06:43 PM

I'm looking forward to it. I rented almost the entire original series of films (skipped the goofy nuke worshipper one) to watch with my kids when I heard about the first one, then we saw it in a theater together.

Sure-Oz 12-18-2013 06:44 PM

Looks like it may be good.

So I assume his previous owner is not in this one? Dr. Rodman?

Anyong Bluth 12-18-2013 06:55 PM

Nice, 1st one was way better than I was expecting, and I think Jason Clarke is an awesome actor who happens to be in a bunch of my favorite movies and tv shows.

Sure-Oz 12-18-2013 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 10291825)
Nice, 1st one was way better than I was expecting, and I think Jason Clarke is an awesome actor who happens to be in a bunch of my favorite movies and tv shows.

Isn't he rumored to be the next John Connor?

Anyong Bluth 12-18-2013 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 10291800)
Looks like it may be good.

So I assume his previous owner is not in this one? Dr. Rodman?

You mean Franco's character?
If I remember correctly, he is not supposed to be in this one in part because he was already committed to other projects during the shooting schedule, but it wasn't anticipated he figured to be featured heavily or this portion of the saga would involve him much.

Plans for future films could see his return over the course of the story arc, and there was chatter that they might have him in a limited cameo role if it could work out. The other thought was they may be able to use footage from the last movie that never made the final edit if needed.

Tribal Warfare 12-18-2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 10291833)

Tom Hardy is too<mytubeelement data="{&quot;bundle&quot;:{&quot;label_delimitor&quot;:&quot;:&quot;,&quot;percentage&quot;:&quot;%& quot;,&quot;smart_buffer&quot;:&quot;Smart Buffer&quot;,&quot;start_playing_when_buffered&quot;:&quot;Start playing when buffered&quot;,&quot;sound&quot;:&quot;Sound&quot;,&quot;desktop_notification&quot;:&quot;Desktop Notification&quot;,&quot;continuation_on_next_line&quot;:&quot;-&quot;,&quot;loop&quot;:&quot;Loop&quot;,&quot;only_notify&quot;:&quot;Only Notify&quot;,&quot;estimated_time&quot;:&quot;Estimated Time&quot;,&quot;global_preferences&quot;:&quot;Global Preferences&quot;,&quot;no_notification_supported_on_your_browser&quot;:&quot;No notification style supported on your browser version&quot;,&quot;video_buffered&quot;:&quot;Video Buffered&quot;,&quot;buffered&quot;:&quot;Buffered&quot;,&quot;hyphen&quot;:&quot;-&quot;,&quot;buffered_message&quot;:&quot;The video has been buffered as requested and is ready to play.&quot;,&quot;not_supported&quot;:&quot;Not Supported&quot;,&quot;on&quot;:&quot;On&quot;,&quot;off&quot;:&quot;Off&quot;,&quot;click_to_enable_ for_this_site&quot;:&quot;Click to enable for this site&quot;,&quot;desktop_notification_denied&quot;:&quot;You have denied permission for desktop notification for this site&quot;,&quot;notification_status_delimitor&quot;:&quot;;&quot;,&quot;error&quot;:&quot;Error&quo t;,&quot;adblock_interferance_message&quot;:&quot;Adblock (or similar extension) is known to interfere with SmartVideo. Please add this url to adblock whitelist.&quot;,&quot;calculating&quot;:&quot;Calculating&quot;,&quot;waiting&quot;:&quot;Waiting&q uot;,&quot;will_start_buffering_when_initialized&quot;:&quot;Will start buffering when initialized&quot;,&quot;will_start_playing_when_initialized&quot;:&quot;Will start playing when initialized&quot;,&quot;completed&quot;:&quot;Completed&quot;,&quot;buffering_stalled&quot;:&quot;Bu ffering is stalled. Will stop.&quot;,&quot;stopped&quot;:&quot;Stopped&quot;,&quot;hr&quot;:&quot;Hr&quot;,&quot;min&quot;:&q uot;Min&quot;,&quot;sec&quot;:&quot;Sec&quot;,&quot;any_moment&quot;:&quot;Any Moment&quot;,&quot;popup_donate_to&quot;:&quot;Donate to&quot;,&quot;extension_id&quot;:null},&quot;prefs&quot;:{&quot;desktopNotification&quot;:true,&quo t;soundNotification&quot;:true,&quot;logLevel&quot;:0,&quot;enable&quot;:true,&quot;loop&quot;:false ,&quot;hidePopup&quot;:false,&quot;autoPlay&quot;:false,&quot;autoBuffer&quot;:true,&quot;autoPlayOn Buffer&quot;:true,&quot;autoPlayOnBufferPercentage&quot;:42,&quot;autoPlayOnSmartBuffer&quot;:true,& quot;quality&quot;:&quot;hd1080&quot;,&quot;fshd&quot;:true,&quot;onlyNotification&quot;:false,&quot ;enableFullScreen&quot;:true,&quot;saveBandwidth&quot;:true,&quot;hideAnnotations&quot;:false,&quot; turnOffPagedBuffering&quot;:true}}" event="preferencesUpdated" id="myTubeRelayElementToPage"></mytubeelement><mytubeelement data="{&quot;loadBundle&quot;:true}" event="relayPrefs" id="myTubeRelayElementToTab"></mytubeelement>

Sure-Oz 12-18-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 10291834)
You mean Franco's character?
If I remember correctly, he is not supposed to be in this one in part because he was already committed to other projects during the shooting schedule, but it wasn't anticipated he figured to be featured heavily or this portion of the saga would involve him much.

Plans for future films could see his return over the course of the story arc, and there was chatter that they might have him in a limited cameo role if it could work out. The other thought was they may be able to use footage from the last movie that never made the final edit if needed.

Yeah, i was wondering how that would go, I guess he isn't necessary anymore except a minor part

Sure-Oz 12-18-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 10291837)
Tom Hardy is too<mytubeelement data="{&quot;bundle&quot;:{&quot;label_delimitor&quot;:&quot;:&quot;,&quot;percentage&quot;:&quot;%& quot;,&quot;smart_buffer&quot;:&quot;Smart Buffer&quot;,&quot;start_playing_when_buffered&quot;:&quot;Start playing when buffered&quot;,&quot;sound&quot;:&quot;Sound&quot;,&quot;desktop_notification&quot;:&quot;Desktop Notification&quot;,&quot;continuation_on_next_line&quot;:&quot;-&quot;,&quot;loop&quot;:&quot;Loop&quot;,&quot;only_notify&quot;:&quot;Only Notify&quot;,&quot;estimated_time&quot;:&quot;Estimated Time&quot;,&quot;global_preferences&quot;:&quot;Global Preferences&quot;,&quot;no_notification_supported_on_your_browser&quot;:&quot;No notification style supported on your browser version&quot;,&quot;video_buffered&quot;:&quot;Video Buffered&quot;,&quot;buffered&quot;:&quot;Buffered&quot;,&quot;hyphen&quot;:&quot;-&quot;,&quot;buffered_message&quot;:&quot;The video has been buffered as requested and is ready to play.&quot;,&quot;not_supported&quot;:&quot;Not Supported&quot;,&quot;on&quot;:&quot;On&quot;,&quot;off&quot;:&quot;Off&quot;,&quot;click_to_enable_ for_this_site&quot;:&quot;Click to enable for this site&quot;,&quot;desktop_notification_denied&quot;:&quot;You have denied permission for desktop notification for this site&quot;,&quot;notification_status_delimitor&quot;:&quot;;&quot;,&quot;error&quot;:&quot;Error&quo t;,&quot;adblock_interferance_message&quot;:&quot;Adblock (or similar extension) is known to interfere with SmartVideo. Please add this url to adblock whitelist.&quot;,&quot;calculating&quot;:&quot;Calculating&quot;,&quot;waiting&quot;:&quot;Waiting&q uot;,&quot;will_start_buffering_when_initialized&quot;:&quot;Will start buffering when initialized&quot;,&quot;will_start_playing_when_initialized&quot;:&quot;Will start playing when initialized&quot;,&quot;completed&quot;:&quot;Completed&quot;,&quot;buffering_stalled&quot;:&quot;Bu ffering is stalled. Will stop.&quot;,&quot;stopped&quot;:&quot;Stopped&quot;,&quot;hr&quot;:&quot;Hr&quot;,&quot;min&quot;:&q uot;Min&quot;,&quot;sec&quot;:&quot;Sec&quot;,&quot;any_moment&quot;:&quot;Any Moment&quot;,&quot;popup_donate_to&quot;:&quot;Donate to&quot;,&quot;extension_id&quot;:null},&quot;prefs&quot;:{&quot;desktopNotification&quot;:true,&quo t;soundNotification&quot;:true,&quot;logLevel&quot;:0,&quot;enable&quot;:true,&quot;loop&quot;:false ,&quot;hidePopup&quot;:false,&quot;autoPlay&quot;:false,&quot;autoBuffer&quot;:true,&quot;autoPlayOn Buffer&quot;:true,&quot;autoPlayOnBufferPercentage&quot;:42,&quot;autoPlayOnSmartBuffer&quot;:true,& quot;quality&quot;:&quot;hd1080&quot;,&quot;fshd&quot;:true,&quot;onlyNotification&quot;:false,&quot ;enableFullScreen&quot;:true,&quot;saveBandwidth&quot;:true,&quot;hideAnnotations&quot;:false,&quot; turnOffPagedBuffering&quot;:true}}" event="preferencesUpdated" id="myTubeRelayElementToPage"></mytubeelement><mytubeelement data="{&quot;loadBundle&quot;:true}" event="relayPrefs" id="myTubeRelayElementToTab"></mytubeelement>

Interesting...I'd think he'd be more so of a Terminator

Anyong Bluth 12-19-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 10291833)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 10291837)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 10291842)
Interesting...I'd think he'd be more so of a Terminator

Neither of them are who I immediately come to mind for John Connor, but I think they're both good actors, and you never know- everyone panned Ledger as the selection for the Joker, and some didn't think Hardy was a good choice for Bane, but after Ledger killed it, Nolan was pretty much given carte blanche.

No idea how they're using Arnold given his age unless they plan on heavily using digital alteration and how he's shot along with face makeup. It's pretty remarkable some of the face makeup and prosthetics they can use to make older actors look like they did 20-30 years ago these days.

I can't remember the movie I'm thinking of right now, but the technique used was dramatically authentic and looked truly like the actors did decades ago.