ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Computers Internet Browsers (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=190784)

RustShack 09-06-2008 12:54 PM

Internet Browsers

Which one is better and why?

jjchieffan 09-06-2008 01:33 PM

I prefer Firefox. It is faster, more stable, and has addons for just about anything you can imagine. I use it for everything except accessing my jobs web portal. It just won't run on FF.

chiefs1111 09-06-2008 01:43 PM

I started using fire fox cause my IE kept crashing. Overall i like FF a lot better, howveer lately it has also been crashing a lot on me.

jjchieffan 09-06-2008 01:54 PM

Really? I have never had FF crash on me.

Mr Luzcious 09-06-2008 02:02 PM

I browse the internet, and I like myself well enough. Where is the Mr. Luzcious option?

chiefs1111 09-06-2008 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 4985431)
Really? I have never had FF crash on me.

Yeah it started doing it just recently,doing the same thing to me that my IE was doing. Ill get a message saying sorry an error has occurred,and then it will ask if I want to send an error report. I was told it might be a resgistry problem,so I got a Registry cleaner but that hasn't helped. Also the adobe flash player causes it to crash,id remove it but you need it to watch videos on a lot of sites such as you tube,so im not sure what to do.

Bearcat 09-06-2008 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 4985370)
I prefer Firefox. It is faster, more stable, and has addons for just about anything you can imagine. I use it for everything except accessing my jobs web portal. It just won't run on FF.

What he said, all the way down to the job's web portal part.

It's more secure, and there are additional security add-ons for cookie management (3rd party cookies, viewing cookies, etc) and other stuff.

It has a built in find command that highlights the first occurrence of the word as you type. It has a built in spell checker so I don't have to use Word if I'm typing a reply on a message board text box and need to check spelling.

I have a 'read later' add on that is like a temporary bookmark, so I can go through my news feeds, mark them to be read later instead of adding and deleting bookmarks.

I have a 'locate on Google Maps' add on so I can highlight text and right click to go to a Google map. I have Googlepedia which shows the Google search results on the left and the Wikipedia search result on the right... one of the best add ons ever! :D

I love the ad-block and the add-on that goes with ad-block to block text ads. I can get rid of the top quarter of some websites (like ESPN.com) and the right column of adds in most news sites. There's also a flash block add on to hide flash until you tell it to show it.

Oh, and there's a super-ignore add on, too. Very important. :)

Sure-Oz 09-06-2008 02:15 PM

FireFox is quicker, safer etc etc...

i will try chrome later

JBucc 09-06-2008 02:17 PM

Extensions and Themes. Chrome has some good ideas though that some other browsers will probably learn from.

DaFace 09-06-2008 03:31 PM

To me, Chrome today is the equivalent of a concept car. It's got lots of nice features and has an overall appeal, but they've got to figure out the details before it can really be effectively compared. I'd give 'em a year on it before it'll be a mainstream competitor.

Deberg_1990 09-06-2008 03:41 PM

Netscape 2.0

007 09-06-2008 07:09 PM

Nothing tops FF.

Bugeater 09-06-2008 07:50 PM

If you don't use Firefox your retarted.