ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   PPL, Dissent and New Posters (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=18839)

KCJohnny 08-25-2001 12:04 PM

PPL, Dissent and New Posters

PPL: Planet party line. Marty/Gun "sucks" (not my choice of words), Rams West is COOOOOL, 6-10 under Vermiel is better than 9-7 with Gun, all ex-Chiefs are money-grubbing scum suckers who are overrated anyway, T-Rich ain't good enuff, etc...

Dissent: People who post replies not in conformity to the PPL.

New Posters: People who innocently post their actual opinions rather than subscribe to the PPL and get shouted down by the clique of regulars touting the conventional wisdom.

Oh well, its only football, and most of us deserve each other.

KCJ
Football Paraiah

Fat Elvis 08-25-2001 12:11 PM

you know, you really should change your name to

The Martyball Martyr :rolleyes:

Luzap 08-25-2001 12:16 PM

Johnny,

This is below your standards

It's not even true.

This BB has been made up of many differing opinions.

You have been adamant in posting an unpopular opinion, and then acting like a martyr because people disagree with it. You are practising a reactionary style of journalism that I do not agree with and have little respect for (like Whitlock).

It's your choice to choose your journalistic 'style', but don't blame or label others for the reactions you incite ~ especially when you post garbage like the above, directed at the new influx of posters that might not know not to believe it.

Luz
pissed off...

NaptownChief 08-25-2001 12:21 PM

KCJ,

Luz is correct...Most people on this board don't conform to anything...You being in the heart of the religious discussion know that conforming is not my style nor is it of many others..

It is just coincidental that you are the only one on the other side of the one topic that the rest of us all agree on....Gun, staff and RBBC were horrible...

Fat Elvis 08-25-2001 12:32 PM

Proctor-

You used to make arguements that other people would listen to even if they didn't agree with what you said. You used to support your contentions with facts, figures and stats.

Now you make "observations" without even seeing the team. You read into other people's comments what you want and edit your own so that they don't say what you originally said. When other people use your old tactics (and good ones at that) of supporting their position with facts, figures and stats, you dismiss them because they are based on preseason play.

You used to be someone I really enjoyed reading over at the Star. I guess I was mistaken. I don't take your comments about The Planet Party Line (though I agree with most of the things you rail against with the exception of TRch--he's a stud in my book) as an insult. It's just something I've come to expect from you since the Chiefs decided to move in a direction you didn't like.

htismaqe 08-25-2001 12:33 PM

Good lord, John. Pity you, Pity you...first of all, stop putting words in anyone's mouth.

Marty/Gun "sucks" (not my choice of words)

Marty was mediocre. Gunther sucked. OK, I said that...

Rams West is COOOOOL

OPEN YOUR EYES. Not only does NOBODY here believe that, most know that this team, with 2 Tight Ends and a power running game, is much different from the Rams...

6-10 under Vermiel is better than 9-7 with Gun

Yep, I agree with that. Because 9-7 is the best Gunther could ever muster. At least a 6-10 year with Vermeil COULD be followed by a championship. However, I've never heard anyone on here say that before now.

all ex-Chiefs are money-grubbing scum suckers who are overrated anyway

Again, who said this, besides you? Or are you just whining because we make fun of your boy, Donnell.

T-Rich ain't good enuff

This one is the worst. I won't even grace it with a comment.

You've gone "beyond" this time...if this is the way you want to act, "take your ball and go home"...baby

John,

The reason nobody agrees with you is because the FACT is that Gunther was a horrible head coach. Period. End of story.

Perception is reality. When 99% of the people believe something to be true, it is. There are no absolutes.

I have disagreements with many people on this board, each and every day. Ask Clint, or Cannibal. :D The problem is that they agree with me on this point because it's true, no matter how badly you don't want it to be.

I find it funny that you blame it on the "Planet"...most of the other Chiefs' bulletin boards are rampant with posters who believe that Gunther sucked ***...

old_geezer 08-25-2001 12:33 PM

You've gone from blind, deceived homer to just blind and deceived. Did you land on your head on your last jump? :confused:

Fat Elvis 08-25-2001 12:37 PM

FWIW-

It's not just Chiefs fans who think Gunther and the Stooges suck. Ask anyone around the league.

Just do it Proctor. Go to the different boards around the league and find out what other teams/fans think of Gunther and the Stooges.

You are right in that it's the Planet Party Line as everyone on the entire planet knows they sucked.

MrBlond 08-25-2001 12:37 PM

KCJ,

Self-pity does not suit you. This suggestion is not meant to be a personal slam but stop trying to prove your point and give DV and these Chiefs a chance. I think you will be pleasently suprised and optimistic. I am not saying to drop your defense of the past but put it aside and look to the future.

TheFly 08-25-2001 12:41 PM

Can't believe you posted that Chaplain!

I will never embrace Gun because quite honestly he didn't know what he was doing... Picking a player because he liked the shirtsleeves torn off... Playing nice to high-priced, underperforming vets when giving the new kids a chance would have been better... I would gladly have endured a losing season knowing that the Chiefs were trying to make progress... But they weren't making progress... Gun never even made up game plans...

Is Gun a good defensive coach? You betcha. One of the best. But he does not know how to coach a whole football team. He showed that he does not have the mindset for it.

WarCry! 08-25-2001 02:02 PM

Well as a "new poster", I have an opinion on this. Some of you may know me from the old Rivals board so this won't be suprising, but here it is:

Gunther Cunningham and the 3 stooges were the absolute worst coaching staff in the NFL last year and maybe ever. Period. Is Gun a nice guy? Do I feel bad for him? Am I pissed at King Carl for dumping gun the way he did? The answer to all of those is YES. But, it doesn't change the fact that Gun was not a very good head coach. He got handed a team of malcontents and low morale and a QB at the center of it all (which is a whole other story), so I wouldn't have blamed him for losing seasons. The problem is that he did absolutely nothing with what he did have and he made no strides whatsoever in improving anything. He surrounded himself with the 3 stooges, which in and of itself speaks volumes about his coaching decisions. Additionally, how many games were the Chiefs competitive in last year that could have been won had they not been obviously outcoached? The answer is almost all of them. If you truly think Gun was worth his weight as a head coach in KC then you've been smoking the crackpipe just a little to much.

Marty/Gun ball. Geez, what do I say about that? RBBC, running off tackle with the teams slowest runner on 3rd and 15, playing favorites who are less talented than bench riders, the yearly "this year will be different" load, getting ahead by 7 in the first quarter and then spending the other 3 1/2 quarters trying to "protect" that lead instead of trying to build on it (and doing that with an ineffective soft zone), stop me when you feel depressed. What more is there to say? Watching the Chiefs over the last few seasons has been like beating your head up against a brick wall - pure frustration. There have been glimpses of some real talent in KC, only to see it all wasted with piss poor coaching and philosophy. I still blame Marty for replacing Gannon with Grbac in the playoffs the year they lost to Denver (who subsequently went on to win it all). But again, the whole QB thing is a whole other topic exept for the fact that he was one of those "favorites" that marty/Gun got fixated on.

Which brings me to this season. What a breath of fresh air. The Chiefs may not win much this season, but at least it will be for lack of talent or inexperience. It WON'T be because of the 3 stooges, favoritism, bad team morale due to all of the above OR lack of proper game planning. I seriously doubt the team just flat out gets "outcoached" this year. We'll see and only time will tell. However, this team will be a lot more enjoyable to watch - win or lose. There is optimism that there is nowhere to go but up. A feeling which has been sorely lacking in KC for several years now.

As for the offensive scheme (Marty/Gun ball), I was never opposed to the offensive scheme. What I was and still am opposed to is the manner in which Marty/Gun USED that scheme - idiots at work. Bottom line is the best type of offense is an EFFECTIVE offense. Regardless of what scheme it is - West Coast or whatever. The Chiefs were hell bent on using an INEFFECTIVE scheme. Will this new package be better? Obviously everybody hopes so - and I for one am optimistic. Again, time will tell. As long as it is effective, I don't really give a rat's A$! what scheme they use. Although I admit, a high powered passing type offense is certainly more exciting. The ultimate excitement though is a mark in the big "W" column in a game that has some importance - playoffs, superbowl. And that, my friends is something that Marty/Gun ball could never somehow muster. That is all I have to say about that!

In the end, I wasn't exactly thrilled about Gun being hired when Marty left - but I did give the guy a chance and showed cautious optimism during the beginnings of his reign. My opinion soon turned, but I gave him a chance. The same goes for Vermeil. I wasn't entirely thrilled about him. But unlike his predecessor, he has so far shown no reason to doubt him at this point.

Majority opinions aren't always the right opinion, but I'm sorry about this one - because in this case the majority opinion is dead on accurate.

NaptownChief 08-25-2001 02:08 PM

Well said WarCry...

stevieray 08-25-2001 02:58 PM

Doesn't this remind anyone of another worn out record? After dispensing all the red tape, it bottoms down to the fact that individuals disagree with moves by the organization, and the end result is taking it personally and taking it to the extreme.

I for one and am glad that there is no more Marty/Gun, Grbac/Gannon bullsh@t this year, just hope for the future, instead of embarassing redundancy.

keg in kc 08-25-2001 03:01 PM

The "true" PPL

The true "PPL" is not the Planet Party Line. Those initials actually represent the far more reprehensible "Proctor Party Line".

If you post according to the PPL, you will get a response similar to the following:

You have my support for launching a civil, fair-minded and amicable commentary on the previous regime. If you have ever listened to sports radio on AM, then you know the caliber of some of the people posting here.

Note the (not so) sly insult toward members of the board thrown into a comment that would otherwise be considered congenial. This is a perfect representation of the arrogance necessary to follow the PPL, essentially a statement that "anyone who disagrees with the Proctor Party Line is, by default, inferior."

Often taunts against "gen Xers" or statements like "I've been a fan since the day Moses parted the Red Sea, so you can't possibly know what you're talking about" are included when the arrogance indicative of the PPL is fully unleashed.

If, on the other hand, you are foolish enough to post something against the holy teachings of the Proctor Party Line, you will get the following:

Where's your boy Priest Holmes? Looks like Richardson is the true go-to guy"

A statement about as mature and intelligent as a three year old taunting another. "Nanny-nanny-boo-boo" for all intents and purposes. Another perfect example would be:

"I TOLD you so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

or:

RBbC

Hahahahahahahahahahaha!

And, finally, the self-rightousness that no follower of the Proctor Party Line could possibly exist without:

"No, of course I don't want it to happen, I just want to stifle all these cocky prognosticators who just KNOW that we'll never see RBbC in KC again.

They don't know squat. "

Bitterness, arrogance, self-rightousness and the maturity of a small child crying for attention: those are the keys necessary for full indoctrination into the Proctor Party Line. It is not necessary to have a point to follow the PPL, you must only be largely disagreeable and insult as many people as possible if and when they fail to agree with any of the PPL's stringent doctrine.

Furthermore, statistics may be used periodically, but it is not necessary for them to be accurate, you may fabricate them as long as the numbers used demonstrate whichever Proctor Party Line guideline is being discussed.

:)

John, I have done my very best to read what you have to say and treat you with more respect than you deserve (I say that because you disrespect the rest of us repeatedly, btw), but enough is enough.

If you don't understand that saying "Priest Holmes is looking good" is not the same as saying "T-Rich sucks" then I don't know what more to say. I tire of watching everyone who disagrees with you being repeatedly insulted, I am tired of the sick joy you repeatedly demonstrate while insulting these other posters, I am disgusted by the sheer level of hypocricy you demonstrate on at least a weekly basis, and, finally, I am tired of childish displays like this thread. You should be embarrased by your behavior on this board in general and this thread in particular.

We all have faults, and I have more than most. I know these faults, and I adjust my behavior and my language to fit this environment. It's the best way I know to insure that I get along with everyone, whether I agree with them or not. I do this because I want this board to be enjoyable for everyone. I slip up occasionally, I'm not perfect (hi cannibal), but I do my damnest not to step on anyone's toeas.

I'm probably the worst person in the world to give advice, but I would suggest you do the same -- take a hard look at yourself and decide if the things you say and the way you act here are who you are or if they are who you want to be. I often enjoy your posts, I really do, but sometimes it's like pulling teeth or like nails on a chalkboard, and it seems to be getting worse as time goes on.

I've said it before and I hope I won't have to say it again...

It's okay to disagree, just don't be disagreeable.

the Talking Can 08-25-2001 03:01 PM

KCJ, self-pity is very unbecoming.

As for the fact that everyone knows Gun was in over his head here is a post from the Ravens BB. Just a tiny example of Gun's "reputation."

"When you already have a team full of leaders, having an arm is enough.

Also, remember the coaching staff is stronger.

Grbac was dealing with Gunther's enviroment, not as healthy or positive."
------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.ravensnest2.com/cgi-bin/u...c&f=2&t=009396

This post is in reference to Tony G's veiled critique of Grbac, when tony said something to the effect that "Trent Green was more of a leader than previous KC QBs."

Hope this makes sense.

milkman 08-25-2001 03:15 PM

Johnny,
Take your head out of that box that you received the care package from Gun in.

I used to have respect for for you, and enjoyed reading your posts.

But this kind of post, and the ones that have preceeded this one since the hiring of Vermeil expose you for the very small minded individual you are.

It's people just exactly like you that make the idea of ever returning to a church sickening.
The pews are filled with small minded people like you.

As for this so called party line, I was in the minority here in my displeasure with Vermeil's hiring, and wasn't afraid to share that displeasure here.

I never once felt that there was anyone who treated me badly, even those that disagreed with me vehemently.
They just felt strongly about their opinion, as I did mine.

Now, while I don't like the the way CP went about bringing in Vermeil, and I'm still pissed about losing picks, and pissed that CP still hired Vermeil in spite of the cost (a point of contention between me and some of the other posters here), I am excited about the team's new direction under Vermeil.

You want to watch Martyball, The 3 Stooges, RBbC, and just plain mediocraty in general, go watch the Redskins.

Maybe they'll send you another package to buy your loyalty.

milkman 08-25-2001 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by TheFly
Is Gun a good defensive coach? You betcha. One of the best. But he does not know how to coach a whole football team. He showed that he does not have the mindset for it.
Again, I ask, why is it that everyone thinks that Gun was suc a great coordinator?

He was inconsistent in that capacity as well, just not nearly as incompetent.

His defenses went from good one season, to mediocre the next.

It took him an entire season to make adjustments when opposing teams figured his defense out.

I believe that he reached his highest level of competency at position coach.

He reached his first level of incompentency when he became a DC.

KCGannonStalker 08-25-2001 03:30 PM

How can people NOT disagree with moves by an organization who's history is littered with moves like dumping Pro Bowl Starting Quarterback Rich Gannon? Carl "Satan" Peterson is only concerned with filling my beloved Arrowhead to capacity and developing players for other teams. I'm convinced that Donnell Bennett is the next former Kansas City Chief that we'll see as a Pro Bowl starter.

Marty will show you all this season just how wrong you are about the coordinators and their successful reunion in Washington will hasten the end of Carl "Satan" Peterson's reign. It's only a matter of time before Mr. Lamar Hunt figures out that Carl "Satan" Peterson is not the leader to take this organization all the way to the big game and has let talent OTHER than Pro Bowl Starting Quarterback Rich Gannon escape.

The PPL was never more apparent than when the article appeared mentioning "respected special teams coach, Mike Stock." The PPL was to poke fun at the article, instead of recognizing that Mike Stock IS an accomplished special teams coach who is well known and respected throughout the league. It wouldn't have been in an article distributed worldwide if it weren't true, but you all still just can't accept it!

Phobia 08-25-2001 03:38 PM

Marty was great but he lost touch with his players AND his staff. It was time for a fresh start. Too bad we didn't get a FRESH start 2 years ago. Gunther is a wonderful man and a great defensive mind. His time was never here as a head coach.

Rams West? I'm not actually familiar with the term so I won't respond.

MOST football players are money grubbing. The NFL let salaries get out of control. There is NO way anybody should be making over $1,000,000 a year and there is NO way your worst player should be making $275,000. Free Agency ruined loyalty & tainted football as a whole.

Am I conforming to everyone elses' opinions? If not, please tell me what I should believe so I can adjust.....

Brock 08-25-2001 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by milkman
It's people just exactly like you that make the idea of ever returning to a church sickening.
The pews are filled with small minded people like you.

Is that really necessary? The personal attacks on this board are getting way out of hand.

morphius 08-25-2001 03:56 PM

I'm suddently having flashbacks to Wax and his "we should start Moon" line.

milkman 08-25-2001 03:58 PM

Johnny's topic post is attacking each and every one of us that he considers to be a part of the "party line"

He is just more accoplished at using inuendo than I am.

Personally, I'll take my honest straight forward approach over his masked insults.

Bob Dole 08-25-2001 04:16 PM

Lay off the acid, Morph. It'll help.

Chiefs Pantalones 08-25-2001 04:20 PM

Hey proc,

Practice what you preach...

hypocrate...

:D

CG

so called Chaplain...

wasn't that guy a slap stick comedian with a hitler mustache?:D

ExtremeChief 08-25-2001 04:58 PM

KC,

I have always "stayed off" of most of your topics, and usually respected your opinion. I must say now that I am extremely offended. For you to lump posters here together as "towing the Planet Party Line" is ludicrous. I think all you are doing is starving for attention and you want to be attacked. Well, congratulations, you got it.

As far as I'm concerned you are no better than packfan or falstaff. Maybe you can be a chaplain of a troll only board, cause that is what you are, IMO.

TheFly 08-25-2001 05:23 PM

I will vote to put KCJ in a new TV series... GUNsmoke!
;)

Chiefnj 08-25-2001 06:43 PM

Pastor,

I doubt you could find two people on this board who are in 100% agreement as to how the Chiefs should be run and which players they like and dislike. There is no PPL All you seem to do lately is attempt to create a "me vs. the rest of the world" atmosphere. Why? Years ago on the Star you were not like this. Did the fact that Gunther sent you a care package completely erase all of your objective views of the team?

Luzap 08-25-2001 06:46 PM

By The Way...

Where's Packfan?

Has anyone heard from him since we looked so good against the Jags?

How about the Bears?

Luz
hate it when they don't stick around and take their lumps...

Phobia 08-25-2001 06:49 PM

Proctor probably IS Gunther. He hasn't been posting for the past several weeks because he's been at Training Camp with the Titans, not some jump exercise..... Admit it Gunther - you and Proctor are the same. :D

Luzap 08-25-2001 06:52 PM

I thought Gunther and SportsWax were the same???

Luz
confused...
and it's morphius' fault...

HC_Chief 08-25-2001 07:12 PM

What a jack@ss.

KCJohnny 08-25-2001 07:56 PM

Once again, you have demonstrated my point...

1. This was a post decrying the piling on of the regulars when new posters post their honest opinions and get what I call the PPL... is there anyone here that does NOT know what I am talking about?
2. It is YOU people, not me who can't let the Gun/RBbC go, not me! If I even mention it, you guys come crawling out of the woodwork like roaches to feast on me and my so-called credibility (as a football fan? not necessary). I was not interested in starting the 3 billionth topic about how bad things were under Cunningham. I KNOW how bad they were.
3. Self pity? That is what YOU guys are reading into it. Look through this thread and see how many crude and baseless insults are hurled at me. Where is my provocation other than in the arena of ideas? I don't feel sorry for myself because of FOOTBALL opinions...(what a waste). I DO feel sorry for some of you because of your distance from the Almighty.
4. Attention? Me need attention HERE? All I need to do is post ANYTHING ABOUT ANYTHING and I get 1,000 hits per thread. And it doesn't even have to be my thread.
5. FWIW, some of the people on this BBS actually email me about this very thing (PPL) and they are turned off by it.
6. So, I'm damned if use stats and I'm damned if I just voice my opinions without stats. I think I'll continue to buttress my arguments with stats, history and allegory. As for you guys who just 'speak your mind' (you know who you are), enjoy not being judged by a double standard.
7. Brock: Maz'l tov. Thanks.
8. If you guys are actually as sick of me as you say, why do you post thousands of words to address me?
9. I am NOT against the new direction of the team. I am and always will be against what appears to be the ramifization of the club, which appears to be waning as the true talent on the team emerges.
10. Please take it easy on the new posters who have not figured out how to please the regs and the PPL. As soon as the Star BB gets back up, I'll cease to molest the regulars on this BB.

KCJohnny
Ordinary guy:)

gh4chiefs 08-25-2001 08:08 PM

Chaplain,

I don't know if you remember me or not, I was GaryH on the Star BB, and we've even traded e-mails a few times in the past. I hope you know that I respect you and what you do for a living, serving our country and serving our Lord. I consider you a friend even though we have lost touch with each other.

But I want to say, you're just wrong about the "PPL" thing. You liked Gun, most of us, including myself didn't, and I'm not talking personally, I mean about his abilities as HEAD coach. I think there's a lot more respect here for Marty than you believe, it's just that most of us were tired of him by the time he left. He had lost his effectiveness in KC and it was time to move on.

These are just differences of opinions Chaplain. Please don't make this out to be some kind kind of personal vendetta. Yeah there are some people who get bent out of shape and probably go over the line with you. I urge you in all sincerity to turn the other cheek, and let's just enjoy this season, whatever it brings us.

Respectfully,

the Talking Can 08-25-2001 08:12 PM

There is never going to be a new star BB.

Once again, KCJ is the martyr, this time for newbies. Wow, I wish I was as innocent and selfless as you...of course that is impossible because I'm just a mindless BB thug, in fact KCJ....you're right! There really is a mob here, we wear cyber jackboots and we like to kick kittens and we always travel in packs and we, we all wear the same clothes, we eat only tacos(Death To The Burrito Eaters!) and we only drink Tab(Death To The Pepsi Drinkers!) and we only listen to Laurence Welk(Death To Yanni!!)...Thank God you are here to save all the innocent burrito eating, Tab drinking, Yanni loving kittens!! Where would they be without you KCJ?

Where would they be without you?

old_geezer 08-25-2001 08:13 PM

John

You whine constantly. You call out basically the whole board with your asinine post, then you complain when you get the very results you were seeking.
You are not a "new poster" and to compare our treatment of your continued negitive posting to the posting of a newcomer is self-serving at best.

Old Geezer will pray for the speedy recovery of the Star BB. Don't forget to turn off the light on your way out.

keg in kc 08-25-2001 08:18 PM

Re: Once again, you have demonstrated my point...

No, John, you're not going to pull that bullshit this time. No spinning here. I'm tired of dealing with your arrogance, I'm tired of dealing with your self-rightous attitude, I'm tired of dealing with your insults, I'm tired of your hypocricy and I'm tired of turning the other cheek every time you decide to go off on me or on another poster. Enough is enough.
Quote:

Originally posted by KCJohnny 1. This was a post decrying the piling on of the regulars when new posters post their honest opinions and get what I call the PPL... is there anyone here that does NOT know what I am talking about?
Please, show me ONE example of this. Complete bullshit.
Quote:

2. It is YOU people, not me who can't let the Gun/RBbC go, not me! If I even mention it, you guys come crawling out of the woodwork like roaches to feast on me and my so-called credibility (as a football fan? not necessary). I was not interested in starting the 3 billionth topic about how bad things were under Cunningham. I KNOW how bad they were.
Bullshit!

Every day you appear on the board you post at least once about RBbC and how we're going to see it again. Go ahead and deny it. I'll dig up your own damn posts.
Quote:

3. Self pity? That is what YOU guys are reading into it. Look through this thread and see how many crude and baseless insults are hurled at me.
Crude and baseless insults? Talk about self-pity!! The majority of the posters on this thread have been far too kind on this thread, myself included. I bent over backwards to treat you with more respect than you EVER treat anyone who disagrees with you.
Quote:

4. Attention? Me need attention HERE? All I need to do is post ANYTHING ABOUT ANYTHING and I get 1,000 hits per thread. And it doesn't even have to be my thread.
Arrogance doesn't impress me. And that very statement is a pretty damning one about how much you crave attention...
Quote:

5. FWIW, some of the people on this BBS actually email me about this very thing (PPL) and they are turned off by it.
I don't believe that for a second.
Quote:

6. So, I'm damned if use stats and I'm damned if I just voice my opinions without stats. I think I'll continue to buttress my arguments with stats, history and allegory.
No, you're damned when you use *incorrect* stats and when you use statistics in a selective manner, and even create new statistics as you see fit, just to fit a certain argument.
Quote:

8. If you guys are actually as sick of me as you say, why do you post thousands of words to address me?
Well, I was trying to do what a *good* man would do and help you, but another display like this and I'm not going to waste any more words on you.
Quote:

9. I am NOT against the new direction of the team. I am and always will be against what appears to be the ramifization of the club, which appears to be waning as the true talent on the team emerges.
You and national sportswriters are the *only* ones who have labeled this team the Ramcos, martzification, St. Louis west and all that other bullshit. It's been evident from the beginning that it would be different, and several of us have argued for months that it would be different.
Quote:

10. Please take it easy on the new posters who have not figured out how to please the regs and the PPL. As soon as the Star BB gets back up, I'll cease to molest the regulars on this BB.
Please stop being a complete and total jack@ss and behave like an adult who can coexist with other people.

Like I said before, the only PPL is yours, the Proctor Party Line. Take your head out of your nether-regions and you might see that.

The problem is YOU John, and maybe one day you'll grow up enough to be able to understand that.

Warrior5 08-25-2001 08:24 PM

Here's my .02...

<B>GO CHIEFS!</B>

milkman 08-25-2001 08:31 PM

Re: Once again, you have demonstrated my point...

1.Regulars don't pile on. We welcome new posters with their opinions, and are willing to debate them. You get piled on because you shroud your opinions with implied insults and arrogance, or act like a martyr.
2.No, you are the one that keeps insisting that the RBbC is not dead, that Gun was 16-16 and the third winniest coach in KC history.
3.Oh woe is me, everybody piles on me because my opinion differs from theirs. That's your self pity.
As for the insults, you hide them behind these comments about "certain posters, you know who you are"
I'm sorry that my insults are more direct than yours, but I'm not as civilized as you.
Of course I prefer the enemy that is seen to the one that is hidden.
4.Yeah, right. I'll believe it when I see it.
6.No john, you're not damned for using stats, you're damned for skewing them. And I have no problem if you give an opinion w/o stats, because stats mean squat to me, as I've told you before.
7. Brock: Maz'l tov. Thanks.
8.Because we know that you are better than this. We just want to show you that you've become less.
9.Ramification is your word. Most of us knew that we wouldn't see the same type of team as the Rams, but you insisted that we would.
10.Again, all newcomers are welcome. Differing opinions and civilized debates are welcome.
Martyrs are even welcome, although sometimes difficult to tolerate.

htismaqe 08-25-2001 08:35 PM

Just when I thought this thread couldn't get any more pathetic...

It's pretty obvious that Johnny doesn't understand, or refuses to understand...he's right, the rest of us are wrong, and that is that...

I've said those words before...to Packfan. This is the end of it for me. I'm excited about the upcoming season and want to talk Chiefs FOOTBALL...

Chiefs Pantalones 08-25-2001 08:56 PM

procty boy,

You have a psychologhy degree, yes?

Perhaps you should practice it on yourself.

CG

thinks something is seriously wrong with this boy, and it goes way beyond this BB or Gunther. Seriously proc, you need help.

Here's to hoping proc gets some help.

milkman 08-25-2001 09:02 PM

I have a question.

Johnny,
I found the Star BB about 31/2 years ago, and since the day I found and started posting on the Star board, you and I have disagreed on just about everything. We've agreed on maybe 3 things in that entire time.

Does that mean that the PPL is following me?:D

Chiefs Pantalones 08-25-2001 09:08 PM

proc,

Isn't there something called "AWOL"...maybe...

I think the army has screwed you out of too much money and your pissed!:D

KS Smitty 08-25-2001 09:15 PM

All hail the milkman proud spokesman of the PPL (which can also be a shortened version of people)

milkman 08-25-2001 09:39 PM

You all are in serious trouble if I'm the spokesman, since I lack the ability to articulate my (your) thoughts with the eloquence of such PPLs as Keg, Gaz or others.:eek:

Chiefs Pantalones 08-25-2001 09:44 PM

You know what, guys? I haven't been on this BB to much, as of late, and I just found out about this PPL thing today. Well, I was wondering...how in the hell did I get left off of it?!!

Oh, screw you guys!!!:mad: I'll get my own PPL started!!! You'll see!!!!!:mad:

CG

imitating a mad man (on this BB):D

KS Smitty 08-25-2001 09:44 PM

Actually milkman that's what you makes you the best choice, you, sound like the rest of the "common folk"! (No offense intended to anyone)

KS Smitty 08-25-2001 09:46 PM

Easy Cody, just think of all the PPL that would be ignorant of Jalepeno Cheese Balls if it weren't for you!

Logical 08-25-2001 11:03 PM

John,

I have a serious question, please do not take it as an insult.

I have noticed a trend on weekends where you come on either someone elses thread or create one and you post very self serving and self pitying comments label almost everyone who participates on the BB in one way or another and then become sanctimonious. The question John is do you have a weekend drinking problem. I am very serious I have seen these signs in real life and I am worried about you. You have my e-mail addy so write me so we can talk.

This behaviour is not only out of what I believe was the character I used to know but a sort of self image that is negative due to the effects of alcohol abuse.

I am sincerely worried about you John, this type of lashing out has an unsavory and unhealthy aspect that is lurking underneath.

Your friend as always,
Jim

Abba-Dabba 08-25-2001 11:15 PM

I would like to be considered a "tweener"....TYVM!

TheFly 08-25-2001 11:32 PM

Is PPL related to Jim and Tammy Faye's PTL?!

;)

JOhn 08-25-2001 11:41 PM

Just 1 thought Johnny........

???????????????????????????

I have no clue what your talking about, nor have I seen what your talking about.

Snap out of it .........

Phobia 08-25-2001 11:48 PM

Johnny is just trying to become the BB version of Fatlock. That way he can have more hits on his stories. Put him on Iggy - that would be the ultimate PPL. Nobody posts on his topics 'cept newbies that haven't yet discovered the PPL.

Chiefs Pantalones 08-25-2001 11:50 PM

Actually, Jim, it sounds like to me that proc has a personality disorder of some sort, or an identity crisis. Because one day he says he's a religious person and likes everyone and respects their opinions, and then the next day, he insults everyone and threatens people. Plus, proc is a hypocrate.

Now I know why proc likes Marty and Gun so much...

they all have something in common...personality disorders and they are mad men.

CG

heres to hoping proc gets some help and recovers from this

ps. It may be depression, too.

DaneMcCloud 08-25-2001 11:52 PM

Back in May, I body slammed Proctor for his constant bashing of the new Chiefs regime. Some people hailed it, some thought I was just having a bad day, and some thought I was a jerk. Four months later, it's obvious that Proctor DOES NOT BELONG HERE! I'm sorry John, but only you feel the need to defend an outdated offense, a poor defensive scheme, horrible special teams and a former head coach who could only find work as a linebacker coach. Please go root for Marty or someone else, because almost everyone on this board is tired of reading and responding to your negative and uninformed comments (like drafting Josh Huepel in the first round!!!!!!) and lame banter. If you want to be a Chiefs fan, then be a Chiefs fan! Otherwise, I'm sure you have better things to do with your time than to post here!

Dave Lane 08-26-2001 12:05 AM

Personally while I feel KCGunny is wrong I still feel he has the right to express his opinion whether I agree with it or not. KCGunny I think its fine to have you on board but I think the facts are still facts DV has been there (as in SB) and Gun never has. Why don't you just admit that maybe just maybe DV will be an improvement and that you will keep an open mind. I hope RBbC is dead forever but who cares as long as we utilize our players to the fullest extent.

Dave

~feeling like JCG is getting jumped on too hard here. Proctor speak your mind anytime you want to, just don't expect everyone (or anyone sometime) to agree.

California Injun 08-26-2001 12:24 AM

Any truth the to rumor that Karl Malone clubs baby seals?

California Injun 08-26-2001 12:25 AM

Any truth TO THE rumor that Injun is dyslexic?

KCJohnny 08-26-2001 06:17 AM

Good morning, Chiefs Planet

Well, are you almost through ventilating? I knew I was providing a public service in some way and now I see that I am providing stress redux for the purveyors of the PPL.

To all who spoke kindly or even fairly to me: Thank you, sincerely. I mean that.

You guys COMPLETELY MISSED THE POINT of my thread. If you'll notice, it ends with, "and most of us deserve each other." I include myself in that number. No one is holding a gun to our heads making us post here. I have not posited myself above anyone, I have counted myself one among equals.

1. Jim, no problem with drinking.
2. I'm PROUD to be lumped in with Whitlock, Sportswax, Denise and Packfan. You guys have defined PPL for me!
3. Until you guys kick me off, I'll be around until the Star BB gets back up (if ever). As monolithic and homogenized as it is, PPL and all, its still the best Chiefs BB now online.:cool:
4. As for new posters, there are many examples. The one I was thinking of was titled something like "I didn't like the Cunningham regime, but..." You know who you are and what you said to that new poster. If stepping up and tweaking you regs on behalf of a new poster is being a martyr, so be it. Deal with it.
5. I REALLY don't want to talk about Gunther anymore.
6. YES, I started this thread deliberately to get your collective goats. You have already made up your mind that I am blind and deceived, so I have nothing at stake. I hope you will consider the new posters in the future.
7. I mean nothing personal against any of you and I think you know that. I am addressing a certain collective opinion, not condemning individuals who hold it. I wish that impersonal focus was reciprocal. But, I know the deal before I even log on here.

KCJohnny

Phobia 08-26-2001 06:27 AM

I'm glad you are here, Proct and I hope that you stay. You aren't gonna be kicked off - that's ridiculous.

I still don't know what you mean about newbies. All newbies that show their faces get a warm welcome on this board. Well, everyone except JD Prez and he earns his dissent.

FWIW, everything I posted on this topic was a joke - I think you know me well enough not to take me too seriously.

KCJohnny 08-26-2001 06:40 AM

I don't know, K. I've got an idea. Why don't you run a poll and see if the majority want me banned. If so, I'll depart humbly.
KCJ
Shopping for a new BB home
What happened with JD Prez?

Phobia 08-26-2001 06:47 AM

Dude this IS home and you know it. The star isn't gonna have a BB - accept that. I would run a poll but that seems like a bad idea. I'm thinking if people wanted you gone, they would have said so on this topic.

The Prez has been posting confrontational crap on this board for several months. Actually, the only time he shows up here is to pimp his own board and when he gets called on it, he becomes angry. I've been to NEPA and their site has a pictures section. There are 8-10 photos in there of various chiefs fans. Nearly half of them are of the Prez. Then, he comes over here posing as an innocent PC Chiefs fan to set us up. I can't believe the pair on this guy.

KCJohnny 08-26-2001 06:58 AM

OK, Phobe.
Like I said, I'm sticking around, love me or hate me until (if ever) the Star BB gets back up. When they shut it down, they pledged to get a new improved version up. If that happens, I'll stop by here from time to time, even if just to rock the boat a little.
KCJ
Friend of all Chiefs fans

htismaqe 08-26-2001 07:45 AM

I knew I was providing a public service in some way and now I see that I am providing stress redux for the purveyors of the PPL.

Don't flatter yourself John. I beat my wife for stress relief. :D

If you'll notice, it ends with, "and most of us deserve each other."

Actually, it ends with Football Pariah(sp.)

Do you know what Pariah means? No one here has asked you to leave. This is just another example of your stupid self-pity.

Jim, no problem with drinking.

Are you sure that's not denial? :D

I'm PROUD to be lumped in with Whitlock, Sportswax, Denise and Packfan. You guys have defined PPL for me!

You're proud to by compared to Packfan and Sportswax? I could see the other 2. But Packfan is the anti-KCJ. In fact, Packfan would agree with most of us about Marty and Gunther, so if you're like him, you're part of the PPL.

Until you guys kick me off, I'll be around until the Star BB gets back up (if ever).

Don't be ridiculous. Nobody is going to do anything to you.

As monolithic and homogenized as it is

The only time everyone on this board agrees on anything it's because they disagree with you. :D

As for new posters, there are many examples. The one I was thinking of was titled something like "I didn't like the Cunningham regime, but..." You know who you are and what you said to that new poster. If stepping up and tweaking you regs on behalf of a new poster is being a martyr, so be it.

Pitt Gorilla started that post, John. He's a regular, and a member of the PPL according to your definition. If you look to the left, under this "new" poster's name, you'll see Total Posts: 563. By the way, I see several places where people say "just joking Pitt" or whatever.

I REALLY don't want to talk about Gunther anymore.

I challenge you to find any posts on this board about Gunther that are from a member of your so-called PPL and were NOT responses to someone like you...

YES, I started this thread deliberately to get your collective goats.

Thus proving what many have said about you acting like a 4-year old.

I mean nothing personal against any of you and I think you know that. I am addressing a certain collective opinion, not condemning individuals who hold it.

And there it is, the moment of truth. The only reason this bothers you so much is because a group of people from all over the country, with very little in common besides Chiefs football, all share the same opinion -- Gunther Cunningham was NOT a good head coach.

John, I have welcomed you here. I have defended you. I have sided with you in years past when people were predicting doom and gloom. The reason I respond so vehemently to you now is because it is YOU who want to predict the doom, and that is NOT the Chaplain that I know and love.

Get it out of your system and get it over with. The Chiefs have a new regime and a fresh start. Enjoy it, John...

the Talking Can 08-26-2001 08:11 AM

Quote:

I don't know, K. I've got an idea. Why don't you run a poll and see if the majority want me banned. If so, I'll depart humbly.
KCJ
Shopping for a new BB home
will your self-pitying BS ever end.

Quote:

As monolithic and homogenized as it is
Since you insist on insulting all BB members, what are the homogenized opions on: DA, Bartee and Warfield, Maz and Patton, Mayes, CP,
MOREAU AND CLOUD(are you blind to this argument, you stupid homer??)
Dan Williams(some people think he can play), Crockett, Downing, etc....

there is no agreement on any of these players, but we're supposed to cry for you?

Do you need a nipple to suck on?

the Talking Can 08-26-2001 08:17 AM

one last thing, kcj, the people at the Star BB(though the BB is never coming back) won't appreciate you acting like a baby anymore than we do.

KCJohnny 08-26-2001 08:28 AM

The name calling identifies you, not me with the character flaw.

Parker, you're getting mighty personal, friend. I'm asking you to cool it on the personal attacks.

I am squarely behind the team and you know it. I am not towing the party line in something as meaningless as entertainment (NFL football). The product on this BB is OPINION, that's all, and your opionions are no more correct than mine.

KCJ
Disappointed in the dearth of civility

Bob Dole 08-26-2001 08:37 AM

Bob Dole feels left out...

Bob Dole doesn't know where Bob Dole fits in.

Actually, Bob Dole has been looking for another "home" since everyone but Bob Dole seems to think that Cloud is a festering pile. Then there's that whole Dante Hall thing...

PPL? Bob Dole doesn't think so.

Dave Lane 08-26-2001 08:48 AM

Bob,

Ohhhh my god I've got it! I'm infected by PPL! It just kinda creeped up on me. Maybe I got it off a toilet seat or something. But now that I see that Cloud is a festering pile as well (then of course i have been consistant about him since preseason game 2 last year) I must be infected. Ahhhh its awful I can no longer think for myself what should I do? I think I have been assimilated!

Dave

stevieray 08-26-2001 08:51 AM

sleepy...you are getting sleeepy...:D

WisChief 08-26-2001 08:53 AM

Wow!!!

I just read this thread from start to finish!!!

ROTFLMFAO!!! :D :D :D :D

Unreal?????????????????

~~~~~~~~still laughing~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

milkman 08-26-2001 08:57 AM

Dave,
You got that PPL from your milk.
It is homogenized after all! (see post # 58)

Now you know why.

Johnny,
How can Parker, or anyone, possibly know that you are squarely behind this team?

I certainly can't see it.

htismaqe 08-26-2001 09:05 AM

The name calling identifies you, not me with the character flaw.

What name calling? Chaplain? I thought you liked that...

Parker, you're getting mighty personal, friend. I'm asking you to cool it on the personal attacks.

Wha-wha-wha-what? Personal attacks? Which ones? If it's the "denial" thing, I hope you saw the smiley. If not, I guess you can't appreciate a little humor...

I am squarely behind the team and you know it.

No I don't, or I wouldn't have said it. I could go back through the numerous posts you've made here, and any sane, intelligent person WOULD NOT be able to discern that you are "squarely behind the team."

product on this BB is OPINION, that's all, and your opionions are no more correct than mine.

I never said I was "correct". I said my opinion was "concensus". That, sir, is the TRUTH.

John, I was more than nice to you, even going so far as to include a couple of jokes. Too bad you're so blind to all of this that you can't let it slide. I thought you were above that...guess not...

keg in kc 08-26-2001 12:01 PM

John, I'm not sure what the problem here is, but I know this much:
  • This doesn't have anything to do with any players, past or present, nor does it have anything to do with past coaches or the new staff.
There's something deeper going on, and I think there's some real problem here under the surface;Jim has a valid point I think, and if he's wrong about the source, he's absolutely right about the symptoms. You're behaving in a manner contrary to anything I've seen and everything I've come to expect from you in the last year and a half.

John, it's not your opinions that are the problem here, it's *you* and it's your behavior. What you're saying has never been the issue, it's how you choose to say it. You're no longer insightful -- your sole intent seems to be inciting argument, regardless of the topic. You treat *everyone* with a great deal of disdain and an utter lack of civility, common courtesy and even the barest degree of respect.

I wish there was something I could say or do, but I'm not much of a therapist, and my patience is worn beyond its limit. I don't appreciate the tone or the tenor of what you're saying in this thread and while I've never asked anyone to leave here -- nor will I ever -- I am going to exercise my right to simply ignore you. Once again, let me clarify that this is not because I don't agree with you and it's not because I lack respect for you, it's because I simply don't appreciate the abuse and I'm not going to take it any longer. Instead of throwing more stones I'm simply going to turn the other cheek.

You seem like a decent man and I sincerely hope you find the strength and courage to sit back and take a hard -- and honest -- look at yourself.

stevieray 08-26-2001 12:14 PM

I think there has been a lot of hostility on the board lately, and I believe one of the mitigating factors is we've been debating this team and its changes now for 6 months...We are ALL ready to see which direction this team is headed in, and most importantly, we are all jonesing for some FOOTBALL. The common bond here is the game and the Chiefs. Hopefully things will get back to normal(whatever that is) once the season is underway.

Let's try to chill on another, the mantra from the star carried over to the pen, and the lack of activity over there suggests to me that enticing arguements for arguements sake is not the standard here on the Planet.

Go Chiefs!!!

yoswif 08-26-2001 12:15 PM

KCJ:
I don't know about others, but it's the blatant hypocrisy of trashing "Rams West" without having seen one game of a Vermeil coached Chiefs team while not at the same time labelling years of Marty/Gun coached Chiefs teams "Browns West" that causes me to question your credibility. The things Chiefs fans came to hate about the Marty/Gun years (RBBC, pounding a converted fullback playing halfback up the centers backside against an eight or nine man front, playing not to lose instead of playing to win) were all concepts featured with Marty's Browns and Gun followed in Marty's "Browns West" footsteps.

From the one Chiefs game I've seen (vs. Jax) this year, the plays and offense we're running are designed to utilize an all pro te and a good fullback, neither of which were featured in St. Louis. Unlike "Browns West", Vermeil appears to be adapting his personal philosophy to suit the talent and ability of our players rather than impose his philosophy on the talent available. It would appear the same "Browns West" philosophy you are so enamoured with is alive and not so well in D.C. Maybe if you were to call yourself "Browns West" Johnny instead of KC Johnny, you might have more credibility. It would seem that is where your loyalty lies.

HC_Chief 08-26-2001 12:34 PM

Screw it... just do what I did: put the TROLL on ignore list. He has nothing worthwhile to say - he does nothing but try to 'stir the pot' - he is a TROLL and should be afforded same treatment.

Buh BYE you whining b*tch, it was annoying knowing you.

htismaqe 08-26-2001 12:35 PM

HC,

That wasn't really called for...

KCJohnny 08-26-2001 01:48 PM

Now see, as a Christian, I am just expected to ignore that and 'rise above it.' At least that is what many of you have said here. I do that (call names) to NO ONE.

And Brother Parker:
Quote:

I never said I was "correct". I said my opinion was "concensus". That, sir, is the TRUTH.
Consensus = PPL. That is NOT a slander, a pejorative statement or an insult. Why is it so OK to endlessly hound me with RBbC arguments (which I have never supported as a concept) but if I step away from 'consensus' to voice my right to dissent I am a'whining, self-pitying martyr'? Which other regular is subjected to so much personal name-calling and uncivil discourse? And yet if I notice it, I am 'playing the martyr.'

And Brother Kyle:
Quote:

-- your sole intent seems to be inciting argument, regardless of the topic. You treat *everyone* with a great deal of disdain and an utter lack of civility, common courtesy and even the barest degree of respect.
Pretty broad brush you are painting with there, my friend. You are trying to ascribe certain motives to me that you know absolutely nothing about. And "barest degree of respect"- aren't we reaching a bit here into the bag of hyperbole???? Not to mention the self-righteous tone.

On the merits: I AM a Chiefs fan, that's the ONLY reason I would put up with such low-brow banter and uncivil treatment. I guess you guys don't see that. Fine. You have the veiw of your foxhole, I have mine.

Football is pretty meaningless stuff in the final analysis. Its certainly not worth hurting people, risking reputation or character for (IMO). If I have personally offended any here, I offer my sincere apology and ask to be forgiven. I have always been my own man, and will continue to be. I have asked no one to agree with my opinions, and I am insulted by many of the uncharitable personally-directed responses that range from the callous to the hateful.

I wish the Planet success, but lament the bias against dissent (that's just the way i see it) that drives away a Denise or others who have much to contribute IMO.

Sincerely,
John Proctor

htismaqe 08-26-2001 02:00 PM

Johnny,

I would agree with you (and I have agreed with you on a great many things), but you still fail to see it.

ALL OF US DISAGREE, to varying degrees, when it comes to talking about the Chiefs. There is NO "planet party line"...

The problem is that most of us agree about Gunther. And it's not just here on the Planet. It's also over at the Park, it was at Rivals, it's on other teams' BB's, it's on the streets of Kansas City and it's coming off of the tongues of professional commentators everywhere...

The only problem here is that you have trouble handling the fact that you're the only one here that would prefer to still have Gunther as head coach.

As far as being "labelled" a Martyr, I believe it was YOU who first labelled yourself...Mr. Football Pariah...

Clint in Wichita 08-26-2001 02:04 PM

This topic is bizzare.