ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Soooo I guess we are fine at WR and OL? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=206706)

htismaqe 04-26-2009 12:27 PM

And we have a RT prospect now. Good pick.

ChiTown 04-26-2009 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 5713878)
And we have a RT prospect now. Good pick.

I think the kid was FA material. I just don't get that pick at all.

htismaqe 04-26-2009 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 5713889)
I think the kid was FA material. I just don't get that pick at all.

He's a RT prospect and it's the 5th round. He's a body with a potential to play, just like every other late-round pick.

Everybody here wanted Richardson last year and we got him - and he can't get on the field.

It's a good pick.

BigChiefFan 04-26-2009 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 5713847)
I think it is refreshing to have a head coach that was an offensive coordinator, but actually understands that he is head coach of the whole team and not just the offense. I don't think we will have an unbalanced team like we did with Vermiel.

Agreed, big time.

chiefsfan1963 04-26-2009 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRR (Post 5713154)
It's really a tough draft to understand. It looks like KC got their guy at #3 in Tyson Jackson, but it would have been interesting to see how far he would have fell if KC didn't fall in love with him. They didn't get back in the 2nd round like I thought they would, and picked another DE in the 3rd. Obviously they targeted the D Line as a need area....however it's frustrating for us as Chiefs fans because all we've done in the past couple of seasons is possibly waste picks to fix the D Line with selections like Ryan Sims, Junior Siavii, Turk McBride, Tank Tyler, Glenn Dorsey, Tamba Hali, etc. It's amazing to me that you have Dorsey, Tyler, McBride, and Hali, and we still have to spend the first 2 picks on D Lineman. Either the above players aren't very good/can't be developed, or our new regime doesn't have a good feel for the current players we have.

Either way, our offense has taken a step backwards with the loss of Gonzalez. He is nearly irreplaceable, and would have helped a young QB like Matt Cassel. Now they are relying on Bowe to step up, Bradley to stay healthy, Engram to squeeze out another year or two before he dies, and Darling and Webb to bring anything to the table.

It will be interesting...

Remember it Pioli can't do everything he wants in one draft. He is already set up nicely for next year's draft with 3 picks in the first day. Offense will be the focus next year. He will have to develop the players we have on offense and make some determination who are keepers. This is going to take 2 to 3 seasons to totally right this ship.

SenselessChiefsFan 04-26-2009 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priest31kc (Post 5713065)
I guess Pioli thinks we have enough at those positions.

WR - Bowe, Bradley, Engram, Darling/Webb/Copper

TE - Cottam and Tony Curtis?

OL - Albert, Waters (guess he will be staying), Niswanger, Goff, McIntosh?

Maybe he thinks Herb Taylor and Barry Richardson are good enough.

I dont know, does anyone think our offense might have gotten worse this offseason? Of course losing Tony G is monstrous and we havent replaced him w/ Boldin or anyone. We signed Goff, but thats it on the O line. Is anyone really comfortable with Niswanger at C and Big Mac at RT?

I think a better QB makes up for a HOF TE. I am not saying this is going to be a 'record setting' offense, but the Chiefs have some pieces to work with.

The defense was attrocious and I am fine with what they have done. I like both of the DE's that they have taken.

With Dorsey, they can all play all three line position and it gives the Chiefs a ton of flexibility.

You can only do so much with one draft.

shaneo69 04-26-2009 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 5713399)
We're far from set at CB. The guys we have are good football players, but outside of Flowers, their limited athletically. Washington could easily be a #1 CB in this league, moving Flowers to #2 and we'd be SET at that point.

Washington couldn't even start at Ohio St., yet he's gonna be a #1 CB in the N.F.L.

LOL

TRR 04-26-2009 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfan1963 (Post 5714015)
Remember it Pioli can't do everything he wants in one draft. He is already set up nicely for next year's draft with 3 picks in the first day. Offense will be the focus next year. He will have to develop the players we have on offense and make some determination who are keepers. This is going to take 2 to 3 seasons to totally right this ship.

I agree, but we have been hearing that for quite some time. It's time for players like Hali, McBride, Tyler, etc. to put up or shut up. I am of the opinion that Haley will lose all control of this ship if it takes him 3 years to right it. He has this year as a throw away, but 2010 is the year he needs to make some strides. 2011 is the year the Chiefs should be challenging. If were are an 7-9 / 8-8 team in 2011, Haley will be feeling the heat.

shaneo69 04-26-2009 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRR (Post 5714968)
I am of the opinion that Haley will lose all control of this ship if it takes him 3 years to right it. He has this year as a throw away, but 2010 is the year he needs to make some strides. 2011 is the year the Chiefs should be challenging. If were are an 7-9 / 8-8 team in 2011, Haley will be feeling the heat.

fuck this three years crap. Atlanta and Miami. You turn it around asap or you're on the hot seat. He's got his veteran QB. No excuses.

keg in kc 04-26-2009 03:08 PM

They need to be competitive in 2010. Last year was a building block draft, they acquired their franchise QB this year and have given a lot of attention to the defense. Next offseason it'll be about filling in the remaining holes. This shouldn't be a 3-year turnaround. They should be above .500 the first year the "new" stadium is open.

htismaqe 04-26-2009 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaneo69 (Post 5714937)
Washington couldn't even start at Ohio St., yet he's gonna be a #1 CB in the N.F.L.

LOL

Washington is extremely raw but has the size and athleticism to be a #1 CB in the NFL.

Mecca said it too, douchebag.

htismaqe 04-26-2009 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaneo69 (Post 5714999)
fuck this three years crap. Atlanta and Miami. You turn it around asap or you're on the hot seat. He's got his veteran QB. No excuses.

ROFL

Why don't we just bring Carl back?

DenverChief 04-26-2009 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 5713399)
We're far from set at CB. The guys we have are good football players, but outside of Flowers, their limited athletically. Washington could easily be a #1 CB in this league, moving Flowers to #2 and we'd be SET at that point.

Did something happen to Carr? Flowers and Carr were great 1-2 combo in the secondary last year

kstater 04-26-2009 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaneo69 (Post 5714999)

Atlanta and Miami had quite a bit more talent coming into last year.

tonyetony 04-26-2009 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverChief (Post 5715639)
Did something happen to Carr? Flowers and Carr were great 1-2 combo in the secondary last year

They were the only bright spot on last years Defense. Both those kids were forced to cover for way to long while our front 7 were serving the opposing QBs tea and crumpets. Any pressure on the QB and these kids look way better next year.