ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   PFT: No offer from Green Bay (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=161962)

the Talking Can 04-26-2007 03:08 PM

PFT: No offer from Green Bay

take it for what it's worth...

------
RUMOR OF GREEN BAY OFFER FOR L.J. IS OFF THE MARK

Though we've never seen a rumor that we didn't want to monger, we've learned based on discussions with league insiders and via the application of common sense that the Packers have not offered a first-round pick and a fourth-round pick to the Chiefs for running back Larry Johnson.

As we suggested in our short blurb regarding the Scout.com report that an offer is on the table, the deal makes no sense unless the Packers have in place a long-term deal with Johnson. But a league source tells us that no permission has been given by Johnson to talk to other teams; thus, if any discussions have occurred, it would be an obvious violation of the tampering rules.

Though it's not becoming more common for a trade to be worked out contingent on the new team and the player working out a contract, there's no way that the Packers and Johnson would get together on a long-term contract before Saturday, even if a trade deal were done right now between the teams. The Chiefs are quietly shopping Johnson due in part to the reality that he wants a deal worth more than the contract signed by 2006 MVP LaDainian Tomlinson before the salary cap spike of the past two seasons. There's no way that Packers G.M. Ted Thompson will ever agree to that....

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Marco Polo 04-26-2007 03:12 PM

So we are stuck with him.

OnTheWarpath15 04-26-2007 03:14 PM

I might as well plant this here too.....(from another thread)

From a WPI poster, regarding PFT's dismissal of the story.

Pot, meet kettle. This is comedy gold, especially considering the source.....

Quote:

Kind of a misleading title considering the website that is from. It's profootballtalk.com, does anybody actually believe half the crap that is reported there?

Not once in that little article does it say the rumor is fake. It is all speculation on there part and half the time they are wrong.

Who are you guys going to believe? A media members from the Green Bay Packers scout.com forum or some website that is well known for making up **** all the time?

I think that's an easy answer
Sorry if no one else finds that funny, but I think it's freaking hilarious.

This guy is a freaking mod over there, for Christ sake. And no, it's not GC

Codered 04-26-2007 03:15 PM

Shocking!!! Scout let out false info? Never!

DMAC 04-26-2007 03:18 PM

I'm still waiting for the Priest Holmes for Jason Taylor trade.

Eleazar 04-26-2007 03:19 PM

WPI posters running down PFT! Comedy gold!!

King_Chief_Fan 04-26-2007 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58

KMART is quite the warpaint homer.

Phobia 04-26-2007 03:21 PM

Quote:

Who was it?

King_Chief_Fan 04-26-2007 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia
Who was it?

KMART

Mr. Laz 04-26-2007 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise
WPI posters running down PFT! Comedy gold!!

ROFL

for real, you could of easily thought the WPIee's were talking about themselves.

the Talking Can 04-26-2007 03:23 PM

Quote:

ROFL

it is funny...reerun fight!

booger 04-26-2007 03:29 PM

more from PFT

CHIEFS HAVE GOTTEN NO FIRM OFFERS FOR L.J.

A league source tells us that no firm offer has been made by the Packers for Chiefs running back Larry Johnson, or any other team. But the source specifically used the words "no firm offer," which suggests that there have been discussions.

The source also says that the Chiefs have not given Johnson's agent, Alvin Keels, permission to shop for a deal with another team.

But it's now obvious to us that the Chiefs are willing to move Johnson. As we understand it, the overriding issue is the money -- specifically, the precise amount that it will take to get Johnson under contract beyond 2008. Johnson apparently wants far more than the Chiefs will pay, so the Chiefs are looking to ship him off to another city.

With that said, we're confused as to why the Chiefs have waited so long to put Johnson on the shelf. There's not enough time to get a trade worked out with another team and a long-term deal worked out with Johnson, if the Chiefs' hope to trade him for 2007 draft picks.

And now that the cat is out of the bag (and peeing all over the room) regarding a possible trade, the Chiefs could be in a very delicate situation this season, if a trade can't get done. Johnson has been known to be a little temperamental, and the coaching staff and the front office might be tiptoeing on eggshells in 2007 in order to keep L.J. from pulling a T.O.

Eleazar 04-26-2007 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by profootballtalk
A league source tells us that no firm offer has been made by the Packers for Chiefs running back Larry Johnson, or any other team.

That doesn't even make sense. No firm offer has been made by the Parkers for Larry Johnson or any other team?

reeruns.

morphius 04-26-2007 03:39 PM

PFT is the perfect abbreviation for their web site, nothing but smelly gas emanates from that piece of crap.

Crashride 04-26-2007 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marco Polo
So we are stuck with him.

Dont make LJ sound like Sims now, hes actually good and I dont think many mind being stuck with him, hes just a little unrealistic with the salary he wants.