ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU ****Official Kansas @ West Virginia Game Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269406)

KC_Connection 01-28-2013 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9360322)
There isn't any reason this Kansas team should be this bad offensively. The guards struggle to get open because they don't make quick cuts or set good screens. They get open looks and can't make shots.

It's just complacency. They're able to do it in the bigger games (at OSU, vs. BU and earlier in the year in December vs. teams like CU and Belmont), but they just don't take these games against lesser teams seriously for much of them.

To me, they have four more road games that are possible losses (at OU, OSU, ISU, and BU). Unless they give a full effort for those ones, they may lose them. The TCU game on the road next week is another game that they could and probably will sleepwalk for a victory though.

O.city 01-28-2013 10:36 PM

I think they will probably get beat at ISU, to be honest.

Dr. Johnny Fever 01-28-2013 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJay23 (Post 9360316)
We are spoiled aren't we?

Heh yeah pretty much... but that's not always a bad thing.

Chiefs Pantalones 01-28-2013 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9360354)
It's just complacency. They're able to do it in the bigger games (at OSU, vs. BU and earlier in the year vs. teams like CU and Belmont), but they just don't take these games against lesser teams seriously for much of them.

To me, they have four more road games that are possible losses (at OU, OSU, ISU, and BU). Unless they give a full effort for those ones, they may lose them. The TCU game on the road next week is another game that they could and probably will sleepwalk through.

Self needs to get through to them. They don't have to lose to wake up. Gotta get better.

Dr. Johnny Fever 01-28-2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9360370)
Self needs to get through to them. They don't have to lose to wake up. Gotta get better.

This is an interesting point. I wonder if it's that he can't always get through to them or they just believe their advertising too much and well... they are kids. Kids don't always listen. In the end I suppose that all comes back to getting through to them.

Buehler445 01-28-2013 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9360262)
I love how the media calls him an unsung hero, when the team is basically all about Withey dominating defensively. If they want to call anybody an unsung hero, they should call Releford it because he's been incredible for this team.

This. He is a really great defender, which is kind of surprising. He isn't really fast or super strong physically, he just locks them down on defense WITHOUT ****ing them up whenever they make a cut ala Big 10 ball. He is really really great. I hate to say this, but he might be the best I've seen on a consistent basis. This is going on 2 years of absolutely shut down defense night in and night out.

But yeah, his offensive, particularly open court game has really stepped up and helped this team.

Mad props for the kid.

Al Czervik 01-28-2013 11:33 PM

12 Assists to 16 Turnovers....
52% from the FT line....

And they didnt score a basket in the last 6 minutes of the game.
This team is struggling big time on offense.
EJ is a turnover machine and Tharpe is too.
Not seeing the spacing and backscreens anymore from this team.

Bill better turn it around and soon....

Silock 01-28-2013 11:38 PM

Yeah, we need to turn it around or we will just keep losing games.

Oh, wait . . .

CoMoChief 01-29-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Czervik (Post 9360506)
12 Assists to 16 Turnovers....
52% from the FT line....

And they didnt score a basket in the last 6 minutes of the game.
This team is struggling big time on offense.
EJ is a turnover machine and Tharpe is too.
Not seeing the spacing and backscreens anymore from this team.

Bill better turn it around and soon....

KU has point guard problems....EJ souldn't run the point, but they have no one else....and it's going to be a problem in the NCAA tournamnet.

Lzen 01-29-2013 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9360477)
This. He is a really great defender, which is kind of surprising. He isn't really fast or super strong physically, he just locks them down on defense WITHOUT ****ing them up whenever they make a cut ala Big 10 ball. He is really really great. I hate to say this, but he might be the best I've seen on a consistent basis. This is going on 2 years of absolutely shut down defense night in and night out.

But yeah, his offensive, particularly open court game has really stepped up and helped this team.

Mad props for the kid.

Truth. I remember watching him as a freshman and he looked so lost and uncoordinated a lot of times. He's come a long way.