ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink ALDI (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=315797)

banecat 06-16-2018 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13595425)
Really kind of curious how that's measured. No way losses are that stable across stores. And no way stores with high losses stay open just balance out more profitable ones.

It's an old figure. It's probably not that anymore. The industry has changed immensely over all of these years. It was a union shop and so it could've been propaganda, but I had heard it across the industry at the time. But it could've been collusion too. It difficult to be able to get real, raw, and accurate numbers

Nickhead 06-16-2018 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 13595233)
Man, Sweet Baby Ray's has so much corn syrup in it it's like BBQ sauce flavored pancake syrup.

Stubbs is good stuff. Closest thing to Gates and Sons that isn't Gates.

i have had both brands before and agree with you. stubbs i like on the meats, but i will save the sweet baby rays for the baked beans. (only got one bottle of SBR, and four of stubbs)

i only got both as there aren't that many good bbq sauces here down under.

one day soon ima gonna just make my own. did once before, turned out great, but didn't write down my ingredients :cuss: :D

cooper barrett 06-16-2018 02:56 PM

Member cards are great. Digital Coupons!

Although my real name is not Cooper Barrett, all my rewards card for Grocery stores are in that name.

Quote:

Originally Posted by banecat (Post 13595419)
Like less than 1% net profit. I remember the chart that I was given at Food Barn that showed the average costs of doing business for a grocer at that time. I stay away from the member cards. And most of the places that use them

I like to just go to a place and get what's on my list. I don't like being swayed by the card savings. If something that I'm going to purchase is marked down that's great. I recall the first place that I went to that had the cards when they first came out a lady swiped hers and her name appeared in the screen where they show the prices and the total. I was like that's safe

I also remember was working for a contractor while we were dealing with Safeway and one of their employees mentioned quietly that she shopped at two other places in the area. The company knew that half of their employees didn't set foot in their stores anymore. Another time a cashier was arguing with me about their stores gas saver card. I asked what company they got their gas from. Of course she didn't know and I was like then it makes no sense for me to buy certain items to save on gas where I'm not sure if it's worth getting

Thanks for the tip. I didn't know that about Kroger. I'll be looking into that about them