ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football AFCW - going into Week 3 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276323)

Hammock Parties 09-16-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 9985256)
Beating a mediocre Dallas team in KC is somewhat expected or should have been by most. Winning at PHI ... that's not the easiest thing to do.

Really? Uh, no. I had us getting beat by Dallas.

Dallas is a better team than Philly. Period.

This is a good football team, and losing a road game on a short week will change nothing.

Mile High Mania 09-16-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 9985275)
Really? Uh, no. I had us getting beat by Dallas.

Dallas is a better team than Philly. Period.

This is a good football team, and losing a road game on a short week will change nothing.

Oh well, if that's what you had... that changes everything. And, it's good that you're giving yourself an out already in case things go wrong.

And, if KC blows out PHI ... I'll certainly be shocked to read anything positive from you. :LOL: You have total hate for Smith, so you're jaded and biased and deep down ... you wish them more failure than successs.

Rausch 09-16-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9984431)
I agree with that. I think we have a playoff-level defense and a mediocre offense. With our favorable schedule this year, I think we have a chance of squeaking in as a wildcard team, but it all depends on whether the offense can get enough going against our handful of quality opponents to win it.

If Andy has his "DV moment" where he realizes how to best use the talent on his offense we could be a top 15 unit. Charles is not being used enough. Our pass blocking is suspect and we have a QB that loves to hold the ball. When we decided to run clock out last week they knew we were going to run it, we ran it, and we moved the ball.

Our offense has room to grow...

Hammock Parties 09-16-2013 06:28 PM

I hate Alex Smith, but only because I love this team, and I can admit when they exceed my expectations, which is why I am now teetering on the edge of total homer mode.

Hammock Parties 09-16-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9985307)
If Andy has his "DV moment" where he realizes how to best use the talent on his offense we could be a top 15 unit. Charles is not being used enough.

24 touches?

Mile High Mania 09-18-2013 01:48 PM

The EAGLES will still be a great test for this KC defense... Vick has had nice passing days in the first two weeks and McCoy is a legit dual threat. Their defense hasn't been that great, so that's a plus for KC... but the offense has been pretty bland for KC so far. Smith was the leading rusher last week and there's only been 1 player with more than 50 yds receiving for KC in either game.

But again, Reid will likely get a bit more aggressive this week... certainly needs to do it, perfect timing. Hard to say that a week 3 game is a 'must win', but I think this is from a sense of proving it's a different team. The defense looks legit, they'll certainly be tested and it's time for the offense to stand up and lead the way in a win.

Buehler445 09-18-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 9990811)
The EAGLES will still be a great test for this KC defense... Vick has had nice passing days in the first two weeks and McCoy is a legit dual threat. Their defense hasn't been that great, so that's a plus for KC... but the offense has been pretty bland for KC so far. Smith was the leading rusher last week and there's only been 1 player with more than 50 yds receiving for KC in either game.

But again, Reid will likely get a bit more aggressive this week... certainly needs to do it, perfect timing. Hard to say that a week 3 game is a 'must win', but I think this is from a sense of proving it's a different team. The defense looks legit, they'll certainly be tested and it's time for the offense to stand up and lead the way in a win.

We have plenty of time to show that we're a different team. Good showings against the Donks and Dolts on the road would show more than a short game in Philly IMO.

To your point though, if we win this one, it will be very exciting to be a Chief Fan. Accordingly this will be a tough game. I like our chances against a lot of teams, but this one is tough. We don't have the gumption to score a lot of points in a hurry and they have the capability to do just that. If we get burned a couple of times quick, it could get ugly.

DomCasual 09-18-2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 9984002)
Yep true. I think it is just how it is. We saw that yesterday with the refs pushing to get a Cowboy win. Manning brings in the most money of any NFL player to the league and will Always get special treatment.

Penalties in the DEN-NYG game:

DEN 13-132
NYG 4-16

Rain Man 09-18-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DomCasual (Post 9991028)
Penalties in the DEN-NYG game:

DEN 13-132
NYG 4-16

The refs were likely covering it up by calling lots of meaningless penalties against the Broncos to camouflage a few key penalties against the Giants.

Or

The Broncos really cheat a lot.

DomCasual 09-18-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9991040)
The refs were likely covering it up by calling lots of meaningless penalties against the Broncos to camouflage a few key penalties against the Giants.

Or

The Broncos really cheat a lot.

It's definitely one of those two!

DaFace 09-18-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9991019)
We have plenty of time to show that we're a different team. Good showings against the Donks and Dolts on the road would show more than a short game in Philly IMO.

To your point though, if we win this one, it will be very exciting to be a Chief Fan. Accordingly this will be a tough game. I like our chances against a lot of teams, but this one is tough. We don't have the gumption to score a lot of points in a hurry and they have the capability to do just that. If we get burned a couple of times quick, it could get ugly.

Yep. This is a HUGE game just because it will either solidify the idea that we're a legit (if not dominating) team, or it will show that we've likely been getting by on the euphoria of a new staff and a little bit of luck. If we win the game, I think we're officially a playoff contender based on the (lack of) strength of our schedule.

jettio 09-18-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 9985256)
Beating a mediocre Dallas team in KC is somewhat expected or should have been by most. Winning at PHI ... that's not the easiest thing to do. Much like KC when they sucked, KC in their house was a tough win. That's all I'm saying.

Plus, it's Thursday night - Reid going to his former team... 2-0 vs 1-1 ... all sorts of various factors make winning this game a big deal for KC and looking good on both sides of the ball in the process.

Cowboys have been 8-8, 8-8, 6-10 the last 3 seasons... nothing special at all. PHI hasn't been that much better with 4-12, 8-8 and 10-6. But again, the storyline is different and on a bigger stage.

If KC had lost to DAL .... nobody would give a damn. But, at 2-0 and with this backdrop ... I think you have some serious interest with how real can this team be with that defense, Reid and Smith at QB.

I think this is the Cowboys year to win that Division and maybe win a playoff game. I don't think the recent records mean much. Cowboys seem to me above average on every unit except for O-line.