ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Denver - LMAO John Fox is a moron (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268807)

-King- 01-14-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crush (Post 9316907)
That still doesn't excuse wasting those two timeouts at the game. Hell, he did the same exact thing at the end of the first half with all three timeouts. Fox dun goofed and the consequences will never be the same.

No one is arguing about those plays though. We're all talking about the 3rd and 7 play.
Posted via Mobile Device

Crush 01-14-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9316914)
No one is arguing about those plays though. We're all talking about the 3rd and 7 play.
Posted via Mobile Device

Even though Fox shouldn't be blamed for the 3rd and 7 play, he should still blamed for the loss. That is all I am saying.

notorious 01-14-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9316861)
Didn't Manning come out and say that he audibled to a run on the 3rd and 7 play?

Maybe Manning and his coaches were aware that his arm was completely shot and that influenced the playcalling and approach to the game down the stretch.

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!

They didn't throw deep hardly at all in the second half. Was it Baltimore adjustments, or Peyton's arm wilting?

Chiefnj2 01-14-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crush (Post 9316917)
Even though Fox shouldn't be blamed for the 3rd and 7 play, he should still blamed for the loss. That is all I am saying.

Fox is known to be ultraconservative and he has been questioned as a head coach. No doubt. But, a QB like Manning is usually given tons of leeway and authority regarding what to do and when to do it. I can't help but think the general mismanagement and bad playcalling had something to do with Manning's arm not being close to 100%.

Crush 01-14-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9316924)
Fox is known to be ultraconservative and he has been questioned as a head coach. No doubt. But, a QB like Manning is usually given tons of leeway and authority regarding what to do and when to do it. I can't help but think the general mismanagement and bad playcalling had something to do with Manning's arm not being close to 100%.

I could see that. If that is the case, then the Donks are more ****ed than they realize.

-King- 01-14-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

He didn't throw the game losing INT. Yeah his decisions contributed to the loss but hes not the one who threw one of the stupidest passes a QB can throw. They teach QBs not to throw across their bodies in middle school. No reason a hall of fame QB should have ever done that. That pick was the reason the Ravens barely had to move go kick the game winning FG.

The blame game for the loss goes 1) Manning 2) R.Moore 3) Fox.
Posted via Mobile Device

CoMoChief 01-14-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9316903)
“That was an audible,” Manning said of the 3rd-and-7 Hillman run. “Don’t put that on [offensive coordinator] MIke McCoy.”

http://m.si.com/1068859/offensive-ou...erence-finals/
Posted via Mobile Device

He's taking the rap for the coach....I honestly don't believe Manning is that stupid.

-King- 01-14-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9317004)
He's taking the rap for the coach....I honestly don't believe Manning is that stupid.

I keep getting the feeling in this thread that this is the first Manning playoff game you've ever watched.
Posted via Mobile Device

Brock 01-14-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9317004)

That's ridiculous. Manning does whatever he wants on the field.

CoMoChief 01-14-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9317007)
I keep getting the feeling in this thread that this is the first Manning playoff game you've ever watched.
Posted via Mobile Device

You don't pay one of the best QB's in the history of the game shit loads of money to audible out of making a 7 yd pass when you can win the game with that conversion.

Sorry don't believe that bullshit on ****in bit.

CoMoChief 01-14-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9317086)

I would think so....but I have a hard time believing he'd call a running play on 3rd n 7 when a simple 7 yd pass could win you the game.

htismaqe 01-14-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9317111)
I would think so....but I have a hard time believing he'd call a running play on 3rd n 7 when a simple 7 yd pass could win you the game.

Unless he knew his arm was shot...

Coogs 01-14-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9316823)
7 yards....3rd down

you make it....you win the game....and the hail mary doesn't even happen.

you don't make it....you punt the ball....and hope the defense stops the opposing offense.

Sure. But if they throw the incomplete pass, the clock stops. Ravens have 40 to 45 more seconds to navigate that 80 or so yards (kind of a poor punt IMO).

That scenario plays out... and the Ravens score at the buzzer to tie, and this place would be screamming... why didn't they just run the ball on 3rd down... chew up some clock... and then punt it away.

I'd bet money on that.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

Chiefshrink 01-14-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Manning calls his own plays with McCoy as sidebar consultant IMO. That 3rd and 7 playcall and then taking a knee has Fox written all over it because I don't think Peyton would ever do that.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-14-2013 12:38 PM

That's why I don't understand the McCoy love. Peyton runs the show on offense. It's his baby. Franchise QB's have given sooooo many guys promotions it's ridiculous.

Chiefshrink 01-14-2013 12:41 PM

Presser with Fox/Elway will be in 30 min and it will be interesting to see how they spin away who was making the actual calls. But Manning to some degree has already fallen on the sword for Fox saying he audibled out of that 3rd and 7 to a run which doesn't add up because you don't see the evidence of an audible.

Hootie 01-14-2013 12:44 PM

Wait...so king blames Manning more than Rahim Moore? That makes sense, you know, considering the 96% chance of victory after that last punt...only to see a safety make the worst play on a ball in NFL history.

I have no excuses for that garbage INT in overtime but the fact it got to overtime after Manning did exactly what you said he should have (run on 3rd and 7) means he's not even close to the dog Moore is...

King, I think you're very stupid ;)

houstonwhodat 01-14-2013 12:48 PM

That loss is on Fox.

Total dumbass.

Now I have to see Ray Lewis another week. (puke)

Chiefshrink 01-14-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9317216)
Sure. But if they throw the incomplete pass, the clock stops. Ravens have 40 to 45 more seconds to navigate that 80 or so yards (kind of a poor punt IMO).

That scenario plays out... and the Ravens score at the buzzer to tie, and this place would be screamming... why didn't they just run the ball on 3rd down... chew up some clock... and then punt it away.

I'd bet money on that.

Well I would agree with you and FOX in reference to running IF Denver's D were playing well . BUT Denver's D WAS NOT playing well. Miller was no where to be found not to mention Denver not fiiguring out that the Ravens had targeted Bailey from the get go and didn't make adjustments because they had their 'Bailey blinders' on.

The fact there was no pash rush with the 2ndary playing poorly you need to throw on 3rd and 7 to put the nail in coffin and count yourself lucky that you won because your D played like sh** and get the hell out of dodge. But FOX/DelRio had their blinders on and it cost them.

Chiefshrink 01-14-2013 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9317361)
That loss in on Fox.

Total dumbass.

This a 1000x

Coogs 01-14-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9317361)
That loss in on Fox.

Total dumbass.

FWIW, I thought the FG attempt at the end of the half was a way worse decision at the time than the punt at the end of the game. And that was before either play was attempted... not hindsight.

houstonwhodat 01-14-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9317400)
FWIW, I thought the FG attempt at the end of the half was a way worse decision at the time than the punt at the end of the game. And that was before either play was attempted... not hindsight.

All they needed was a first down at the end, game over.

PM could have easily made that.

kaplin42 01-14-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9310183)
If we want to hate on Fox, it's not for that play. It's for kneeling with 30 seconds and 2 TO's left.

This. I just don't understand. You have Peyton Manning, 2 time outs, and 30 seconds, how do you not try to get 50+/- yards and kick the winning FG. Truly a failed head coaching decision there.

houstonwhodat 01-14-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaplin42 (Post 9317416)
This. I just don't understand. You have Peyton Manning, 2 time outs, and 30 seconds, how do you not try to get 50+/- yards and kick the winning FG. Truly a failed head coaching decision there.

Sean Payton and Drew Brees would have been licking their chops with 30 sec and 2 timeouts left.

Coogs 01-14-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9317415)
All they needed was a first down at the end, game over.

PM could have easily made that.

Trust me, I get that first part.

I still don't fault them for running it though. JMO.

EDIT: Don't know what the stat line was at the time of the play, but here is for the 5+ Quarters on 3rd for the Bronco's. So it is obvious that they would have made the 7 yards. Right?

Third Downs Made 7
Third Down Attempt 16
Third Down Percentage 44

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...#ixzz2HylCQla8

-King- 01-14-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Manning's Nuts (Post 9317345)
Wait...so king blames Manning more than Rahim Moore? That makes sense, you know, considering the 96% chance of victory after that last punt...only to see a safety make the worst play on a ball in NFL history.

Moore is directly responsible for the game being tied. Peyton is directly responsible for the game losing interception.

One play led to a tie. One led to the Ravens kicking the winning field goal.

Rausch 01-14-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9317086)

He sure loses a lot of playoff games...

CoMoChief 01-14-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9317216)

I'd bet money on that.

God I'm loving these Herm-loving reeruns coming right out of the closet!!! ROFL

Hootie 01-14-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9317742)
Moore is directly responsible for the game being tied. Peyton is directly responsible for the game losing interception.

One play led to a tie. One led to the Ravens kicking the winning field goal.

so Peyton wasn't directly responsible for engineering the late 4th quarter TD drive that led to their 7 point lead?

you say you run on 3rd and 7 because odds are in your favor that Flacco won't score...

but then you say Manning is more to blame for an OT pick then Moore is for giving up a 70 yard TD punt (yeah, I said punt) which was arguably the worst defense in NFL history...

you don't think that just MAYBE your hate for Manning is blinding you a bit here?

I thought the overtime pick was AWFUL...I consider it way worse than his pick against the Saints in the Super Bowl given the context of where the game was at the point of each pick...

but you're the same guy condoning a 3rd down run because odds are in your favor the Ravens won't score in that situation...but then you give Moore a free pass on a play that, according to stats, had a 2% chance of working...

Rahim Moore delivered the biggest choke job in NFL history Saturday...there really is no arguing.

You can label this as a Peyton choke if you want because certainly he threw a bad pick in OT...but you can't forget the fact that the game was in OT because of the WORST DEFENSIVE PLAY in the history of the league.

So again, you're dumb.

Hootie 01-14-2013 03:28 PM

I mean, there is really only one reason to consider Peyton a bigger choker in this game than Moore...and that's simply because of hatred for Peyton Manning.

MILKMAN considers Peyton the biggest choker ever...

I bet Milkman would agree Moore's choke job was A BILLION TIMES WORSE (THIS GAME) than Peyton Manning...who threw what would have been the game winning TD (albeit on a screen pass but he did engineer that entire drive) had Moore not, once again, delivered the most terrible play in NFL history.

houstonwhodat 01-14-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9317426)
Trust me, I get that first part.

I still don't fault them for running it though. JMO.

EDIT: Don't know what the stat line was at the time of the play, but here is for the 5+ Quarters on 3rd for the Bronco's. So it is obvious that they would have made the 7 yards. Right?

Third Downs Made 7
Third Down Attempt 16
Third Down Percentage 44

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...#ixzz2HylCQla8

I'm not saying it would have been automatic, but hell it is PM not Matt Cassel.

Why not take a chance throwing instead of running?

I would have thrown it.

dirk digler 01-14-2013 03:44 PM

Manning isn't the biggest choker of all time that goes to Tony Romo

KChiefer 01-14-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9318053)

Yeah, but Romo went undrafted out of Eastern IL

seamonster 01-14-2013 04:06 PM

peyton manning's choked so many times in the playoff's I'd probably run the ball too. And he had a chance to win the game in overtime and he threw a super slow motion duck pass to the wrong team..

BlackHelicopters 01-14-2013 04:41 PM

Plenty of blame for all in Denver. Once in a lifetime series of mistakes adds up to a loss.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-14-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9318053)

Hootie loves him some chokers

gooch 01-14-2013 05:52 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think if flacco wins next weekend.he'll have the same amount of PO wins..lol

JD10367 01-14-2013 06:09 PM

Fox isn't the only culprit here. Peyton has always been ballwashed as being a "field general" capable of calling and changing plays. And, yet, for the whole game, both Fox and Manning played conservative. At both the end of the first half AND the end of the second half, the Ravens scored a TD and the Broncos had the ball with time and timeouts but, instead of trying for a score, they sat on it. They ran the ball a ridiculous amount of times (over 40 IIRC), including FIVE TIMES TO THE SAME GUY at the end. If I were a Broncos fan, I'd be beyond pissed.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-14-2013 06:38 PM

Trip to the AFC Championship on the line, defer to Slowshon, Hillman, and Whiteboy...

okoye35chiefs 01-15-2013 09:05 AM

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- John Fox would tell Peyton Manning to take the knee again.

John Elway, of all people, agreed with that call.

Given the ball at his 20 with 31 seconds, two timeouts and one of the best quarterbacks in the game, the Broncos coach decided to run out the clock and head to overtime.

Result: Baltimore 38, Denver 35. End of season in Broncoland.

Fox said he felt good about the decision when he made it Saturday, toward the end of one of the most disheartening losses in the franchise's history. After hashing it over during the last two sleepless nights, he stood by his decision.

"I'd do it again 10 times if it presented itself in that situation," he said Monday at Denver's season-ending news conference, where he was joined by Elway, the quarterback-turned-front office executive.

I told you Manning when we talked in the off season...john fox is and always will be an idiot!

ChiefPassesALot 01-15-2013 09:08 AM

Bunch of dumbasses. How do you lose that game?? haha!

GloryDayz 01-15-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefPassesALot (Post 9320104)
Bunch of dumbasses. How do you lose that game?? haha!

YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!!!

Chief Faithful 01-15-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okoye35chiefs (Post 9320098)

Given the ball at his 20 with 31 seconds, two timeouts and one of the best quarterbacks in the game, the Broncos coach decided to run out the clock and head to overtime.

Fox said he felt good about the decision when he made it Saturday, toward the end of one of the most disheartening losses in the franchise's history. After hashing it over during the last two sleepless nights, he stood by his decision.

"I'd do it again 10 times if it presented itself in that situation," he said Monday at Denver's season-ending news conference, where he was joined by Elway, the quarterback-turned-front office executive.

I told you Manning when we talked in the off season...john fox is and always will be an idiot!

Ask the Falcons if it is possible to move the ball into field goal range and kick the winner with 30 seconds left on the clock. When you have the best QB in the NFL engaged in a playoff game with 30 seconds on the clock and a chance to win it is the wrong time to crawl into a shell.

Chiefs Pantalones 01-15-2013 07:08 PM

Donkeys have fired their DBs coach. Shocking.

Prison Bitch 01-15-2013 07:44 PM

I'm pretty surprised people thought Denver should've thrown the ball with 30 seconds left in regulation from their own 20. That didn't surprise me in the least. What's so shocking about it? They ended up getting multiple possessions in OT anyway.

Had they just stopped the 3rd and Long in OT where Flacco completed the long seam pass from their own 5, they force a punt and likely get the ball at midfield.

Hootie 01-15-2013 07:46 PM

that last part is true and maybe they thought they'd have an edge in OT but either way they played not to lose and that's a great way not to win in the passing NFL

Chiefs Pantalones 01-15-2013 08:15 PM

They replaced him with Cory Undlin. He was with Jack Del Rio back in Jacksonville.

CoMoChief 01-15-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okoye35chiefs (Post 9320098)

Sleepless nights? If he's up all night thinking about this, then he completely made the wrong choice.