ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Roaf on Cold Pizza (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=145510)

chief4life 08-13-2006 12:26 PM

Roaf on Cold Pizza

Roaf is scheduled to appear on Cold Pizza on Wednesday, August 16, 2006. I'll have my TiVo set to record. I'm sure we'll get a good idea on what's going on from the man himself.

He also agreed to meet with the coach this week, I really think he is coming back that is just me though. Keep your fingers, toes and anything else you can cross. :thumb:

Halfcan 08-13-2006 12:30 PM

Lets hope!!

Discuss Thrower 08-13-2006 12:34 PM

Woody will say something about how the Chiefs aren't really good,
Skip will disagree semantically with Woody, then Willie will mumble something incoherent about not coming back and that will be the end.

StcChief 08-13-2006 12:39 PM

If he's meeting with Edwards. That's what we are hoping for.

BigRock 08-13-2006 02:59 PM

If he's going to do a national interview like that, it's probably to explain why he's retiring.

ChiefFan31 08-13-2006 03:01 PM

I still hold on to my glimmer of hope.

But, I wont be surprised at all if he says he's done this week.

whoman69 08-13-2006 06:40 PM

We'll be much better off with Roaf back and Turley on the right side. I know we didn't really play many of our schemes last night, but the line did not look dominating as usual. Granted Waters was out, but that isn't where the problems were coming from.

Deberg_1990 08-13-2006 06:42 PM

If the D contines to play like it has the past 5 years (like it did last night) it wont matter one damn bit if Willie comes back or not. Hed be better served to just stay retired.

Mojo Rising 08-13-2006 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69
We'll be much better off with Roaf back and Turley on the right side. I know we didn't really play many of our schemes last night, but the line did not look dominating as usual. Granted Waters was out, but that isn't where the problems were coming from.

Isn't the RT supposed to be the road grader? At 280 lb.? I think we should shelve him for the 4-6 games that Roaf will miss if he comes back.

kcirnamffoh 08-13-2006 06:57 PM

There is life after Roaf folks. Get over it.

Big shoes but this is the second time Turly has now been called on to fill them. Good move, Peterson. Gotta hand it to 'em. I've long berated the grand Puba but Peterson showed me some BIG 'OLE testicles this year. Could pay off. It WILL be interesting.

Deberg_1990 08-13-2006 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcirnamffoh
There is life after Roaf folks. Get over it.

I couldnt agree more.

kcirnamffoh 08-13-2006 07:11 PM

It's time for HOF'er Willie to retire, anyway. He goes out on top of his game. The man who can barely walk but will be 20 yards downfield to flatten a saftey. He walks off, abeit with a gimp in his hitch, a better man.

My hat's off to him. Good luck, Willie :toast:

kc rush 08-13-2006 07:30 PM

We are a better offense with him in there, so I'm hoping the guy comes back. If not, lets get a final and definative no so people can move on.

kcirnamffoh 08-13-2006 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kc rush
We are a better offense with him in there, so I'm hoping the guy comes back. If not, lets get a final and definative no so people can move on.

If I'm not mistaken he HAS turned in his retirement papers. That seems pretty final to me. What more can Roaf do? I don't think it says anywhere that he has to hold a news conference.

By the way, I've moved on and so should you. Players of Roaf's caliber can raise the level of play of his successor. Some teams can hold a position for a long time because of that. The Chiefs have long been considered with a good O-line. Peterson has been doing that. There's no reason to think that Turely or Svitek could not carry the torch.

I think I'm convinced that Black can't. :eek:

PastorMikH 08-13-2006 08:18 PM

OK, I know this question isn't going to be popular, but after watching Turley last night take care of the DE AND the blitzing LB I've been wondering...

What if Roaf comes back and after about the third or 4th game it is apparent that Roaf's age has actually caught up with him and Turley is the better player at LT?

What do you do? Bench a Hall of Famer or leave him in when there is a better player available?