ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs If not #1, where? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268954)

BigMeatballDave 01-16-2013 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChefBoyRDEE (Post 9323452)
trade the pick for a mid to late 1st round pick, and a couple 2nd/3rd round picks this year and next and a 1st next year ; something like that makes more sense

no QB worth the 1st pick and the team has LOTS of needs

It is far too soon to assume this.

Just wait.

3 months from now, Smith will be the obvious choice.

BigMeatballDave 01-16-2013 07:25 AM

Quote:

trade the pick for a mid to late 1st round pick, and a couple 2nd/3rd round picks this year and next and a 1st next year ; something like that makes more sense

What team is going to trade up?

And for who?

BigMeatballDave 01-16-2013 07:33 AM

If Smith is worth trading up for, or another player is that exciting, then why are the Chiefs even moving down?

If Reid and Dorsey like Albert, he'll be re-signed before the draft. Then you know Joeckel will not be the pick.

ChiefBoyRDEE 01-16-2013 07:35 AM

Andy is a master of trading down and accumulating picks, Geno is not the answer at #1, the team needs LOTS of players

a no brainer in my mind

more realistic that Andy trades for Kevin Kobb and accumulates draft picks to stock the whole roster and then keeps his eye out for another franchise QB

Rasputin 01-16-2013 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChefBoyRDEE (Post 9323484)
Andy is a master of trading down and accumulating picks, Geno is not the answer at #1, the team needs LOTS of players

a no brainer in my mind

more realistic that Andy trades for Kevin Kobb and accumulates draft picks to stock the whole roster and then keeps his eye out for another franchise QB

Stupid. BTW Geno Smith is worth the #1 pick & your dumb if you don't think so. Just ****ing dumb.

KCUnited 01-16-2013 07:39 AM

Quote:

a no brainer in my mind

Lol, another? Who's the first? We have a front row seat for Andy to "keep his eye out" for a franchise QB.

BigMeatballDave 01-16-2013 07:41 AM

Quote:

a no brainer in my mind

How are you trading down if no one is interested in trading up?

oldman 01-16-2013 07:43 AM

What are most teams willing to trade up for? A QB, plain and simple. So if there's no QB worth the #1 pick, what makes you think we'll have any trading partners?

BigMeatballDave 01-16-2013 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman (Post 9323501)
What are most teams willing to trade up for? A QB, plain and simple. So if there's no QB worth the #1 pick, what makes you think we'll have any trading partners?

Exactly.

And no one is going to give up picks for a LT.

ChiefBoyRDEE 01-16-2013 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 9323492)
Lol, another? Who's the first? We have a front row seat for Andy to "keep his eye out" for a franchise QB.

was it Len Dawson? hehe

Psyko Tek 01-16-2013 07:51 AM

Quote:

but who wants the number 1 pick?
to trade somebody has to want the spot
not seeing it

ChiefBoyRDEE 01-16-2013 07:53 AM

might be a package deal that includes players, etc.

if you really think Geno at #1 then so be it but i'd then call you a dope, otherwise the best option is to trade out of #1 and aim for more picks

e.g. how about trading with the 49ers for Alex Smith and a bunch of their picks? you then ride Alex for a year or two while you find and groom "the guy", probably even get a QB with the Niners pick

not saying that's the one but something creative like that, a "Reid like move", check his draft record and you will see many trades like this although to be fair they didn't involve the top pick

BigMeatballDave 01-16-2013 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChefBoyRDEE (Post 9323515)
might be a package deal that includes players, etc.

if you really think Geno at #1 then so be it but i'd then call you a dope, otherwise the best option is to trade out of #1 and aim for more picks

e.g. how about trading with the 49ers for Alex Smith and a bunch of their picks? you then ride Alex for a year or two while you find and groom "the guy", probably even get a QB with the Niners pick

not saying that's the one but something creative like that, a "Reid like move", check his draft record and you will see many trades like this although to be fair they didn't involve the top pick

LMAO

ChiefBoyRDEE 01-16-2013 07:57 AM

i see how you got all those posts Dave

you guys want a QB so bad that your desperation numbs what little brain power you command, there ain't one out there worth a top pick and the gameday roster is 53 players

Deberg_1990 01-16-2013 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 9323373)
I said this the other day if you don't take him 1 who the hell are you gonna take?

There's a good chnace 6 QB's go in the 1st.

Identify your #1 team need
Research and Scout your targets
Go get your target. Who cares where hes selected as long as he pans out.

Chiefs should have drafted Flacco over Dorsey or Albert, and i dont even think Flacco is an "all world" talent.