ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   How to beat the COLTS: part II (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=155610)

mcan 01-02-2007 05:01 AM

How to beat the COLTS: part II

Here we are again. The playoffs. Last time, I had a sure fire way to stop the vaunted COLTS right in their tracks. I even WENT to the game and yelled out my little strategy to Eric Hicks during his warm up. Unfortunately, nobody actually implemented my advice, and we wound up without a single defensive stop!

So, here it is... The secret to beating the Colts:

WATCH JEFF SATURDAY'S HEAD!!!

That's right folks. It's just that simple. Don't watch Peyton and his fist pump, pre-snap dancing. Don't watch the ball. Don't watch your man. Watch Jeff Saturday's head bounce... That beautiful, telling bounce.

Why should I watch the center's head, you ask?

Because Jeff has this nasty habit of looking down at the ball until he's ready to SNAP it back to his all-pro QB. But he has to know where his guy is, so he can block him. So the head comes up first... Then, not a half second later... The ball follows.

1st series:
Head-snap... Sack...
Head-snap... Stop for loss...
Head-snap... Sack...
Punt.

Mitch: ...and the whole defensive line seems to be rocketing off the line, Len?

Len: You're not kidding. It seems like Allen and Hali are in the backfield before the tackles can even get their hands off the ground. These guys really came to play.

Mitch: It's almost like they know the snap count Len.

Len: Sometimes you see something on film that gives away what they're doing, and this looks like one of those times...

mcan 01-02-2007 05:09 AM

Just to show that I've mentioned this before:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mcan 7/15/2004
I swear to God, Jeff Saturday raises his head before he snaps the damned ball EVERYTIME. If just one member of the Chiefs' staff would have listened we would have rolled the Colts easily. I even yelled it to Eric Hicks while he was warming up. Eric was like, "thanks kid."

and again...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mcan 1/16/06
--after the Steelers whooped up on em in the playoffs.
I didn't watch the whole game. Just saw the final 5 or 6 minutes. But, it seems to me that Pit was taking advantage of a "tell" that I've had on Jeff Saturday for years...

CupidStunt 01-02-2007 05:17 AM

Such an obvious tell must've been noticed by a defensive coach in all their many hours of film study. I refuse to believe that it's as obvious as you say.

This would be the poker equivalent of a player getting a woody when he wakes up with aces.

KurtCobain 01-02-2007 05:36 AM

go chiefs!

mcan 01-02-2007 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lj4mvp
Such an obvious tell must've been noticed by a defensive coach in all their many hours of film study. I refuse to believe that it's as obvious as you say.

This would be the poker equivalent of a player getting a woody when he wakes up with aces.

You would think so, wouldn't you. But I've watched countless Colts games since 2000 (when I first noticed it) and he's done it, practically the same way, on practically every snap since then. I was beside myself with grief during the 2003 playoff game. I literally tried everything I could to get somebody's attention. Like I said, I even yelled it to Eric Hicks right before the game started. Then, I watched as they systematically destroyed our defense. I stood by, helpless, as our defensive linemen got pushed around even though Jeff Saturday was still doing it! I could see it from my seat in the upper deck!

I concede that sometimes, Jeff will slooowly raise his head and not snap the ball. But even then, he STILL looks back down at the ball and snaps his head up really quick right before he gets the ball back. So, an ancy defensive lineman might misinterperet the slow head movement and jump offsides. But just watching the tape, you can see the difference.

I really think that it goes un-noticed because people are always watching Peyton, and trying like hell to discern his signals. I'll bet 90% of the film study done by Colts' opponents is devoted to trying to crack that code.

CupidStunt 01-02-2007 06:00 AM

It makes perfect sense... but it just seems that if Joe Average watching at home on a TV screen can spot it, why the hell can't many NFL defensive gurus?

Not to worry, though. Your thoughts provide good opportunity to gaze at that fantastic avatar. :drool:

007 01-02-2007 06:21 AM

Quote:

It makes perfect sense... but it just seems that if Joe Average watching at home on a TV screen can spot it, why the hell can't many NFL defensive gurus?

Not to worry, though. Your thoughts provide good opportunity to gaze at that fantastic avatar. :drool:

And just who is that avatar anyway?

mcan 01-02-2007 06:24 AM

Quote:

In my own defense, I'm hardly "Joe Average" football fan. I watch a lot of tape, and have all the games going back to 2000. I really do think a few teams in the league have spotted it, and have kept it 'mum' so as not to tip their hand. Ever wonder how New England's defense seems to get in Peyton's face on every play and force bad throws and interceptions? :hmmm:

Yeah, gotta love that Keira Knightley.

So, anybody have an inside track as to the email addresses of some Chiefs coaches? I'm thinking of sending a "heads up" email titled "Jeff Saturday" to Gunther Cunningham and Tim Krumrie.

Monty 01-02-2007 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcan

So, anybody have an inside track as to the email addresses of some Chiefs coaches? I'm thinking of sending a "heads up" email titled "Jeff Saturday" to Gunther Cunningham and Tim Krumrie.

I tried this a couple of years ago while sending emails to CP. I don't know if CP got them, but they weren't bounced, so that was a good sign. The address I used was: cpeterson@chiefs.nfl.com

So, logically, you would think that that following are correct:

gcunningham@chiefs.nfl.com

or

tkrumrie@chiefs.nfl.com

Good luck! :thumb:

Anyong Bluth 01-02-2007 09:28 AM

There are plenty of people around here with video at their disposal, anyone want to put together a few clips of this!?

Hammock Parties 01-02-2007 09:32 AM

Mcan, I want you to email this information to Jeffery Flanagan.

Two years ago the Denver Post ran an article with quotes from Larry Coyer. He called KC's offensive line a bunch of cheaters.

I emailed it to Flanagan. He wrote a column about the quotes the next day.

Sure enough our offensive line came out pissed and we beat the crap out of them 45-17. To this day I like to think I had an effect on the game, but I wonder if any of the Chiefs offensive linemen would have seen those quotes from Coyer had I not e-mailed Flanagan. You never know.

Hammock Parties 01-02-2007 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cocina_Basement
There are plenty of people around here with video at their disposal, anyone want to put together a few clips of this!?

That's a good idea. I'll go download the last Colts game.

Bob Dole 01-02-2007 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs
Mcan, I want you to email this information to Jeffery Flanagan.

Two years ago the Denver Post ran an article with quotes from Larry Coyer. He called KC's offensive line a bunch of cheaters.

I emailed it to Flanagan. He wrote a column about the quotes the next day.

Sure enough our offensive line came out pissed and we beat the crap out of them 45-17. To this day I like to think I had an effect on the game, but I wonder if any of the Chiefs offensive linemen would have seen those quotes from Coyer had I not e-mailed Flanagan. You never know.

Bob Dole took a big shit Sunday morning and named the kids Titan, Bronco, Bengal and Jaguar before he flushed.

To this day, Bob Dole likes to think he had an effect on the game.

Hammock Parties 01-02-2007 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole
Bob Dole took a big shit Sunday morning and named the kids Titan, Bronco, Bengal and Jaguar before he flushed.

To this day, Bob Dole likes to think he had an effect on the game.

No, because you didn't e-mail Flanagan about it.

Bob Dole 01-02-2007 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs
No, because you didn't e-mail Flanagan about it.

True. But Bob Dole sent Jeffery a Picturemail.