ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football What would you do if your girlfriend did this? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=198798)

KCChiefsMan 12-19-2008 11:44 PM

What would you do if your girlfriend did this?

Say you are an all-american college football player and your girlfriend got into your facebook account and said I'm going pro!

Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:05 pm EST

We Hardly Knew Ye: Terrence Cody's Facebook says he’s rumbling to the NFL (UPDATED: Or his lady has an odd sense of humor)
By Matt Hinton
Elephantine Alabama defensive tackle Terrence Cody, 10 games removed from Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College, says he's done his time:

No "official" Bama media is on top of this yet -- Cody was not among the Tide underclassmen reported to have filled out paperwork to gauge their draft status -- but firsthand Facebook with dozens of anguished fans registering their protest is as solid as a newspaper report; Cody's junior college background suggests he's not exactly the bookish type, anyway. At any rate, he's too big to fall out of the first round and will probably be the first defensive tackle off the board, if his total lack of mobility doesn't turn into a meme among easily-spooked scouts during workouts.

Never will "We Hardly Knew Ye" be more appropriate than for a one-and-done All-American. Cody's addition to the middle of the Tide line was the main factor in Bama improving its run defense from 28th in 2007 to fourth in the nation this year, and was especially key in conference games: SEC offenses averaged 3.9 yards per carry and 140 yards per game on the Tide in '07, but only 3.1 and 90, respectively, this year. Clemson notoriously was held to zero yards with Cody clogging the middle in the opener, and the only teams that topped four yards per carry on Alabama all season, Ole Miss and LSU, did so with Cody either largely missing from the lineup (he left the game with a knee injury against Ole Miss in the third quarter, after which the Rebels scored 17 of their 20 points) or at less than full strength (LSU was his first game back in the lineup). He's two tackles in one, a double team magnet to the extent of almost representing a twelfth man, and if he follows the note he posted at 1:28 a.m. today, his 360 (wink wink) pounds will not be replaced with one man.

- - -
UPDATE: The Birminham News' Ian Rapoport says not so fast my friend -- the "going pro" message on Cody's page was courtesy of ... a prankster girlfriend?

Alabama nose tackle Terrence Cody is returning to Alabama for his senior season. The All-American nose tackle said he's not submitting his information to the NFL draft advisory board, though he did consider it.
[...]
If you're friends with him on Facebook, you would have noticed last night that his status message said, "Terrence Cody... is going pro."
[...]
The result was a tremendous joke, one that may not have been funny to Tide fans.

"All right, my girlfriend was on my account last night, and she put that on there, and everybody started freaking out," Cody said, clearly amused, though maybe slightly embarrassed. "I was on the phone with her when she put it on, and two minutes after that, I got message after message after message with everybody freaking out."

Indeed -- if you can't trust a man's Facebook page, what can you trust?

So Alabama's run defense, with Cody and Donta' Hightower and Rolando McClain in tow, should continue to rock into 2009. Girlfriends of athletes of America, why do you do this to us?

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...n=ncaaf,130196

blueballs 12-19-2008 11:49 PM

how's my dick smell now
black eyed betty

healthpellets 12-19-2008 11:52 PM

for real...what dude gives his girl access to his account? never. ever. that dude's gonna be played by chicks the rest of his life.

Buehler445 12-20-2008 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by healthpellets (Post 5312529)
for real...what dude gives his girl access to his account? never. ever. that dude's gonna be played by chicks the rest of his life.

He probably clicked the remember me box.

DeezNutz 12-20-2008 12:26 AM

Probably **** her.

Ebolapox 12-20-2008 12:28 AM

make her go a2m?

DeezNutz 12-20-2008 12:29 AM

Shower anal?

healthpellets 12-20-2008 12:30 AM

can't tell from the article if she was at his computer or her own. maybe it doesn't matter. and maybe it's my elderly status...but "kids" these days don't seem to value their privacy. everything is shared with everyone else. FB status updates all day. Twitter every couple of minutes. every picture of every moment of their life is shared with everyone they know. maybe it's not a big deal to them. but to me...i guess i'm a bit more guarded. i have a FB account. i have a few pictures on there. but all of my passwords to all of my accounts are mine and mine alone. i make it a point to logout of FB, email, any other websites any time i leave my computer. my gf finds it a bit odd, but i guess i still value what bit of privacy i have left. nothing to hide. just like to have a few things that are mine and mine alone.

\rant

Ebolapox 12-20-2008 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 5312567)
Shower anal?

ROFL

rep.

Buehler445 12-20-2008 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H5N1 (Post 5312573)
ROFL

rep.

Reerun busted that out a few days ago in reference to Marty...Where the shit does this come from?

Ebolapox 12-20-2008 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 5312578)
Reerun busted that out a few days ago in reference to Marty...Where the shit does this come from?

yeah, I recall reading that a few days back. no clue where the reference comes from, but it isn't as funny as it is here with no real context.

DeezNutz 12-20-2008 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 5312578)

I had never heard it prior to this, but it literally made me laugh out loud. And this is something that I don't do a lot.

Pitt Gorilla 12-20-2008 01:27 AM

Make her smell your balls?