ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Misc "Restricted" Calls To Your Cell Phone (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=262861)

WilliamTheIrish 08-26-2012 09:15 AM

"Restricted" Calls To Your Cell Phone

Hi all,

In the last few days I've gotten "restricted number" phone calls in the early AM (midnight to 0200). Obviously, I'm not answering them, but messages are being left that I'm pretty certain belong to somebody else. I don;t recognize the voice so I figure that it's a misdial or somebody from work is ****ing with me.

Never had a restricted call until early this week. So I'm not sure how to research and discover what number they are coming from.

Any help would be appreciated.

patteeu 08-26-2012 09:24 AM

Sorry, I can't help you, but that's annoying. It happens to me every once in a while too. I guess you could notify your provider and they might be able to do something about it if it's happening repeatedly.

DaFace 08-26-2012 10:52 AM

A restricted call is just a blocked caller ID number - anyone can do it. Aside from getting your phone company (and probably the cops) involved, I doubt there's any way you can get to the real number.

The Franchise 08-26-2012 11:23 AM

Answer it next time and tell them to stop calling.

DJJasonp 08-26-2012 05:03 PM

Extreme Call Blocker app. I think it's 2 bucks or 5 bucks.

Works great.

You can tell the app to instant hang-up (no ring-tone). Send straight to voicemail or no voicemail.

You can plug any number you want in to have it blocked.

And you get 4-5 prefixes that ALL calls will be blocked from

Ex: 800, 866, etc. etc.

Works pretty nicely.

Brock 08-26-2012 05:06 PM

It's going around. Not sure what the deal is.

DaFace 08-26-2012 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJJasonp (Post 8854694)
Extreme Call Blocker app. I think it's 2 bucks or 5 bucks.

Works great.

You can tell the app to instant hang-up (no ring-tone). Send straight to voicemail or no voicemail.

You can plug any number you want in to have it blocked.

And you get 4-5 prefixes that ALL calls will be blocked from

Ex: 800, 866, etc. etc.

Works pretty nicely.

That won't work when you don't know the number, will it?

Also, FWIW, that functionality is built into Android if that makes any difference.

WoodDraw 08-26-2012 05:25 PM

I had that problem once. I kept getting a called from a phone number with no number (errr...) throughout the day, and couldn't get it to stop. I called my phone carrier, and they basically said "that sucks, but we can't do anything other than change your number."

I finally was able to figure out who it was and get the calls stopped. Not fun.

Bowser 08-26-2012 05:42 PM

It's just some dude from Grain Valley that's calling the false number of the girl he met at Whiskey Tango.

WilliamTheIrish 08-26-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8854828)
It's just some dude from Grain Valley that's calling the false number of the girl he met at Whiskey Tango.

A little more detail.

I'm living in California. New job. Still have the old phone number with a Western, MO/Eastern KS area code. Being as I took over a job where several folks were 'entrenched' and broke up a very old guard that had run the place for some 8 years, which caused some very hard feelings, I'm inclined to believe that this is willful conduct and not a misdial on the part of a local resident. But I need to find out the number to be certain.

Thanks for your help folks. If you think of anything else don't hesitate to post it up.

If all else fails, I'll blame it on billay. LMAO

Brock 08-26-2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamInnerCircle (Post 8854952)
A little more detail.

I'm living in California. New job. Still have the old phone number with a Western, MO/Eastern KS area code. Being as I took over a job where several folks were 'entrenched' and broke up a very old guard that had run the place for some 8 years, which caused some very hard feelings, I'm inclined to believe that this is willful conduct and not a misdial on the part of a local resident. But I need to find out the number to be certain.

Thanks for your help folks. If you think of anything else don't hesitate to post it up.

If all else fails, I'll blame it on billay. LMAO

That could be, but people around me are experiencing a rash of this too. Mostly verizon customers if that matters.