ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs You know what? I like what Winston had to say. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264797)

Chris Meck 10-07-2012 10:54 PM

You know what? I like what Winston had to say.

Hold on now, hear me out.

The players don't choose who plays or not, the coaches do. In the Chiefs case, I think it seems clear that the GM is making that decision at least at QB. What the players DO choose to do is be a TEAM.

Winston is standing up for his teammate. He's circling the wagons. He's trying to inspire his teammates to be 'brawlers', to get physical and kick some ass. I like it.

I wish it were not necessary, and that we could actually have a balanced offense, but I appreciate the backbone the guy is showing. It says that they are playing for each other, which is what you want.

It just sucks that Cassel is so bad at his job. He's clearly a great guy, to inspire this sort of response even after being sooooo bad on the field. Maybe Quinn's lightbulb goes on and we start winning. It's a pretty talented team overall.

New World Order 10-07-2012 10:56 PM

Maybe they weren't booing Cassel getting hurt? They were cheering for Quinn when came onto the field.

FAX 10-07-2012 10:56 PM

You wouldn't happen to be a Leprechaun by any chance, would you?

FAX

FloridaMan88 10-07-2012 10:56 PM

I like Winston, he is a former Miami Hurricane... however he is dead wrong here.

Where is this passion and anger from Winston and other Chiefs veterans when it comes to their pathetic showing this season? Where is this "enough is enough" attitude when it comes to blowout loss after blowout loss at Arrowhead Stadium?

Molitoth 10-07-2012 10:56 PM

there were better ways for Winston to rally his team than attack a very over loyal fan base.

fuck winston

FAX 10-07-2012 10:57 PM

Next up ... Tampa Bay. We'll see how street brawly we get down there.

FAX

chiefzilla1501 10-07-2012 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 8990791)

The players don't choose who plays or not, the coaches do. In the Chiefs case, I think it seems clear that the GM is making that decision at least at QB. What the players DO choose to do is be a TEAM.

Winston is standing up for his teammate. He's circling the wagons. He's trying to inspire his teammates to be 'brawlers', to get physical and kick some ass. I like it.

I wish it were not necessary, and that we could actually have a balanced offense, but I appreciate the backbone the guy is showing. It says that they are playing for each other, which is what you want.

It just sucks that Cassel is so bad at his job. He's clearly a great guy, to inspire this sort of response even after being sooooo bad on the field. Maybe Quinn's lightbulb goes on and we start winning. It's a pretty talented team overall.

You're going to get a lot of shit for this. But I see points where you're right. This team lacks leadership. He could have done it less condescendingly. But I'm not going to get too hung up on a player defending his teammate, no matter how bad that teammate is.

It's just a shame that the front office has forced our players to stoop to this level.

ghak99 10-07-2012 11:01 PM

Bullshit, this ****ing n00b just pissed in the face of a fan base that has loyally supported two shit franchises for longer than he's been in the NFL.

**** him.

jAZ 10-07-2012 11:02 PM

No, this doesn't require these mental gymnastics to understand.

He's pissed because today he learned that there are a bunch of shitty people in Kansas City and he and the whole country are disgusted by some of our fans. And anyone who defends them now are even shittier people because they don't have the "heat of the moment" excuse.

What an embarrassment.

NJChiefsFan 10-07-2012 11:02 PM

I don't mean to be the anal n00b here but why the hell is this a new thread? This could very easily be in either of the Winston threads. Now we have 3 threads talking about the same subject.

Nightfyre 10-07-2012 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 8990816)
I don't mean to be the anal n00b here but why the hell is this a new thread? This could very easily be in either of the Winston threads. Now we have 3 threads talking about the same subject.

:clap:

DaneMcCloud 10-07-2012 11:03 PM

Quote:

Winston is a clueless ****ing 'roidhead that had no idea why the fans were cheering.

**** him and his $22 million dollar contract.

He's no leader.

FloridaMan88 10-07-2012 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jAZ (Post 8990813)

He's pissed because today he learned that there are a bunch of shitty people in Kansas City and he and the whole country are disgusted by some of our fans. And anyone who defends them now are even shittier people because they don't have the "heat of the moment" excuse.

What an embarrassment.

Eric Winston and every member of this team should be humiliated by their performance this season... where is Winston's locker room rant over that? Where is the locker room rant after the humiliating beat down by San Diego last week?

And speaking of embarrassments and disgraces... that would be dickless shits like yourself who defend the Chiefs. You are a piece of garbage and I hope you rot in hell.

Phobia 10-07-2012 11:05 PM

Quote:

What an embarrassment.

Aw - jAZ comes in to save the day. Your and idiot. Even Rich Baldinger said tonight that Winston owes the fans an apology

mcaj22 10-07-2012 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8990819)
Winston is a clueless ****ing 'roidhead that had no idea why the fans were cheering.

**** him and his $22 million dollar contract.

He's no leader.

i love you

Brock 10-07-2012 11:06 PM

Quote:

What an embarrassment.

Another uninformed dipshit chimes in.

FAX 10-07-2012 11:07 PM

Quote:

What an embarrassment.

I don't think it was a majority, Mr. jAZ ... the way Winston portrays it, I mean.

I honestly believe Mr. gblowfish and his report that the crowd was responding first to the 16-yard first down by Jamaal and people didn't even realize that Cassel was staying down until the play was over. Then, they also cheered when he walked off under his own power ... as fans always do.

Even though there were, undoubtedly, some knuckleheads in the crowd, I think those were the main moments that fostered "cheering" ...

FAX

BigMeatballDave 10-07-2012 11:08 PM

Quote:

What an embarrassment.

:spock:

Chris Meck 10-07-2012 11:08 PM

I'm sure they are humiliated. I doubt they're enjoying this at all, in fact.

How am I an embarassment and a 'defender'?

I too think he probably was exaggerating and misunderstanding the cheering at least partially. So I need to rot in hell for that? You need to get a grip.

ChiefsCountry 10-07-2012 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8990829)
Another uninformed dipshit chimes in.

jiz and Duhneise can go **** themselves.

Chief_in_Commander 10-07-2012 11:08 PM

Quote:

What an embarrassment.

What a joke this is. First off, as gblowfish pointed out and I have been re-affirmed of by now 5 different people attending the game, the fans were cheering for the first down and THEN saw Cassel down, and when he walked off the field they cheered for him being able to walk off. Where there probably dumbass people actually happy to see him hurt? Yeah probly. But not 70,000 people and you get dumbass people no matter where you are so dont put the whole fanbase under the bus because of a few morons.

If he wants to speak on the matter, say "If they were cheering a player getting hurt that is disgusting"...not "70,000 people cheering him getting hurt".

FAX 10-07-2012 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 8990835)

I too think he probably was exaggerating and misunderstanding the cheering at least partially. So I need to rot in hell for that? You need to get a grip.

Apparently, there's a lot of stuff that can cause a dude to rot in Hell. I mean, tons of stuff, man.

FAX

Priest31kc 10-07-2012 11:10 PM

Quote:

What an embarrassment.

:facepalm:

FloridaMan88 10-07-2012 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 8990835)

You are "sure they are humiliated"? Why hasn't anyone from the Chiefs had a similar locker room rant or press conference calling out the team's performance as pathetic and disgrace? Where is Winston and his fat mouth when it comes to calling out his team's historically PATHETIC performance?

Winston is a coward and a fraud.

The fact you choose to side with the flaming dumpster fire rotting at One Arrowhead Drive speaks volumes.

Chief_in_Commander 10-07-2012 11:21 PM

Great...just above "Ravens Chiefs" on sportscenter is "Chiefs player rips KC fans"....time for bed

RealSNR 10-07-2012 11:29 PM

Quote:

It just sucks that Cassel is so bad at his job. He's clearly a great guy

NO HE'S ****ING NOT. HE'S A SHIT-HEADED ASSHOLE WHO BLAMES HIS TEAMMATES AND DEFLECTS CRITICISM. HE'S A SHITTY TEAM LEADER

RINGLEADER 10-07-2012 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh Janus (Post 8990797)
I like Winston, he is a former Miami Hurricane... however he is dead wrong here.

Where is this passion and anger from Winston and other Chiefs veterans when it comes to their pathetic showing this season? Where is this "enough is enough" attitude when it comes to blowout loss after blowout loss at Arrowhead Stadium?

I don't like the fact that he says "70,000" fans all cheered...which obviously didn't happen...I read on his Twitter that he walked that back, but unfortunately his Twitter isn't what gets played. Not only do the Chiefs suck (in large part because of the 13 turnovers of Matt Cassel), but now they're calling us out in the national media saying -- incorrectly I must underscore -- that we're scumbag fans.

Winston seems to be cut from the same cloth as Romeo -- believing in the "good loss" like that fat tub of shit head coach who, like Pioli, seems intent on playing Cassel to prove some stupid azz point...

jAZ 10-07-2012 11:44 PM

I'm pretty sure it's not necessary to actually go quote every single post on this board that explicitly cheered Cassel's injury knowing full well that he was injured. Is it?

RINGLEADER 10-07-2012 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_in_Commander (Post 8990838)
What a joke this is. First off, as gblowfish pointed out and I have been re-affirmed of by now 5 different people attending the game, the fans were cheering for the first down and THEN saw Cassel down, and when he walked off the field they cheered for him being able to walk off. Where there probably dumbass people actually happy to see him hurt? Yeah probly. But not 70,000 people and you get dumbass people no matter where you are so dont put the whole fanbase under the bus because of a few morons.

If he wants to speak on the matter, say "If they were cheering a player getting hurt that is disgusting"...not "70,000 people cheering him getting hurt".

This. And isn't it a tad revealing that Winston immediately goes to "they're cheering Cassel getting hurt"?

Munson 10-07-2012 11:48 PM

**** Winston. He's already worn out his welcome after 5 games.

Psyko Tek 10-07-2012 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghak99 (Post 8990812)
Bullshit, this ****ing n00b just pissed in the face of a fan base that has loyally supported two shit franchises for longer than he's been in the NFL.

**** him.

gonna have to go with this one
winston ****ed up so many times vs SD he should STFU and STFD

FAX 10-08-2012 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jAZ (Post 8990947)
I'm pretty sure it's not necessary to actually go quote every single post on this board that explicitly cheered Cassel's injury knowing full well that he was injured. Is it?

Well ... with a very few exceptions, that was mainly black humor.

I saw several of those posts and I know that most of those guys wouldn't wish harm on anyone ... physical or otherwise.

There's a lot of built-up hostility and frustration among the fans of this team and Cassel is (more rightly than not) viewed as the primary cause.

Still, I don't believe for an instant that most of those guys were truly serious.

FAX

NJChiefsFan 10-08-2012 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 8990995)

I saw several of those posts and I know that most of those guys wouldn't wish harm on anyone ... physical or otherwise.

There's a lot of built-up hostility and frustration among the fans of this team and Cassel is (more rightly than not) viewed as the primary cause.

Still, I don't believe for an instant that most of those guys were truly serious.

FAX

Same thing with the fans in the stadium. To be honest, it's better he is taken out due to his play rather than his injury. I don't want to have to wonder about this if he is out for long.

With this kind of known hate for Cassel, it has to put more pressure on Pioli.

jAZ 10-08-2012 12:06 AM

Here on CP, the ratio of cheering the play to cheering the injury was at best only 40-1. That's assuming that you count the one post saying "Charles dead." is somehow cheering for the play. Otherwise it was 40-0.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefer (Post 8987552)
YESSSS!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bane (Post 8987553)
Stay down bitch!

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefs1111 (Post 8987554)
Cassel is hurt

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 8987555)
YES CASSEL IS HURT!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by h5n1 (Post 8987559)
HAHAHAHAHA **** YOU CASSEL I HOPE YOU HAVE HEMMEROIDS AND DIE

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 8987561)
Yes!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks (Post 8987562)
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8987565)
HE'S HURT!

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 8987566)
CASSEL IS DOWN!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 8987567)
YES

hes hurt

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSs WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crush (Post 8987568)
Down goes Cassel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamInnerCircle (Post 8987571)
Finally

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 8987572)
Cassel dead.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 8987573)
Stay down bitch!

Quote:

Originally Posted by displacedinMN (Post 8987574)
Cassel hurt

some may get their wish

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 8987575)
STAY DOWN BITCH

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtebbe (Post 8987579)
Stay down bitch

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8987580)
Stay down bitch!

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 8987581)
Yay, the witch is dead, the witch is dead!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ping2000 (Post 8987582)
The end.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCtotheSB (Post 8987585)
THIS IS IT

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 8987586)
LOL ARE FANS CHEERING

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaa

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8987587)
CASSEL KNOCKED OUT!11!!!!

THANK YOU JESUS

THANK YOU JESUS!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut (Post 8987588)
... holy shit

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 8987591)
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 8987592)
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FOOTALL GODS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(fake injury)

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefer (Post 8987593)
That was Cassel's best pass today, lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munson (Post 8987596)
Cassel hurt!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psyko Tek (Post 8987598)
****IN A
8-8 here we come

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 8987599)
Danny Parkins ‏@DannyParkins

Cassel down with an injury. #Chiefs fans are cheering and Brady Quinn is on the field with his helmet on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Assud (Post 8987605)
YES YES QUINN!! Die Castle DIE!

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonhero (Post 8987606)
OMFG.. I'm logging back in to say.. thank you football GOD.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 8987608)
Fans cheering as Cassel lies on the ground injured. I love Kansas City.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flachief58 (Post 8987617)
STFD BITCH!

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefs1111 (Post 8987616)
Stay down Cassel Stay down

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut (Post 8987619)
PLAY OF THE SEASON

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 8987620)
Oh **** now they have an excuse, hopefully he's dead
Posted via Mobile Device

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknrolla (Post 8987621)
Holy ****! Could we be so lucky? Stay down bitch!
Posted via Mobile Device

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotRoute (Post 8987631)
I heard cheers, lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 8987639)
All this.

Now, stay down bitch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8987641)
LMAO

I AM JOYFUL

jAZ 10-08-2012 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 8990995)

FAX

It doesn't matter if the whole stadium was laughing and cheering all in a fit of black humor. It's a disgusting display and embarrassment to our city and Winston is completely justified for calling out everyone partaking in it.

RealSNR 10-08-2012 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jAZ (Post 8991028)
It doesn't matter if the whole stadium was laughing and cheering all in a fit of black humor. It's a disgusting display and embarrassment to our city and Winston is completely justified for calling out everyone partaking in it.

Thanks for your opinion!

FAX 10-08-2012 12:17 AM

You really believe that Mr. DaFace would seriously applaud an injury to a player, Mr. jAZ?

Or, Mr. h5n1? Or, Mr. JASONSAUTO?

Unthinkable. Again, it was black humor ... to many, the preferred form.

How about Ms. Ultra Peanut? The quote was, "PLAY OF THE SEASON". That is nothing more than a statement more likely fact than not under the circumstances.

I can't vouch for everyone on that list, as I don't know many of them at all. However, I can assure you with absolute confidence that there was far less evil intent contained in those posts than you imply.

FAX

RealSNR 10-08-2012 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 8991044)
You really believe that Mr. DaFace would seriously applaud an injury to a player, Mr. jAZ?

How about Ms. Ultra Peanut? The quote was, "PLAY OF THE SEASON". That is nothing more than a statement more likely fact than not under the circumstances.

I can't vouch for everyone on that list, as I don't know many of them at all. However, I can assure you with absolute confidence that there was far less evil intent contained in those posts than you imply.

FAX

Truth.

Hammock Parties 10-08-2012 12:21 AM

Quote:

“I’ve never seen a team come out there and do what we did to them,’’ offensive lineman Eric Winston said. “I’ve never seen somebody come out and run the ball like we did on them today, and that had better roll over. This has to be us every game. This has got to be us, a street fight every game. I told everybody in this locker room it’s got to be a street fight every game. This is who we are, this is who we need to be, this is Kansas City and we need to be a bunch of brawlers.

“If we have to run it 50 times and the fans boo because we ran it on third and 7, oh well. We’re going to be a bunch of brawlers . . . we’re not going to turn the ball over anymore and we’re going to get some wins.’’
This guy is a ****ing mouth breather who wants Tim Tebow at QB.

jAZ 10-08-2012 12:22 AM

Quote:

FAX

I make no claims about evil intent. I object to disgusting behavior. And that's what it was, by all involved.

FAX 10-08-2012 12:22 AM

Quote:

But they weren't, Mr. jAZ. That's the entire point.

I would also mention again that the scope and intensity of fatigue, anger, and frustration that has been building among the fan base is practically incalculable. And it's been languishing for a long, long time. So it makes sense that, when something like this happens, the initial response is not what that same person would say or feel or think even a few moments later.

Temper justice with mercy. That's my counsel.

Although there may be exceptions, people generally don't really wish that Cassel were dead or that he were drowned in rhino urine or that his intestines be forcibly removed and fed to the cats.

FAX

FAX 10-08-2012 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jAZ (Post 8991053)
I make no claims about evil intent. I object to disgusting behavior. And that's what it was, by all involved.

Did you ever see the movie, "Ghostbusters"?

FAX

DaneMcCloud 10-08-2012 12:25 AM

Quote:

It's truly unfortunate that the situation has come to this.

My dad was in the Chiefs band in the late 60's, played with them the year they won the Super Bowl. I've been a Chiefs fan my entire life. My 86 year old grandmother calls me to complain about the Chiefs to this day.

I don't recall ever wishing injury on a Chiefs player, ever. Not Fuller or Blackledge or Livingston or DeBerg or Krieg or Gannon or Grbac or Green or any number of defensive players, whom we've all loved over the years, from Bobby to Barbaro to Dino to Derrick to Neil to Derrick!

Yet, Pioli's reluctance - check that - arrogance to insult the fan base, a fan base that has endured 20 years without a playoff victory and no significant wins in more than 40 years, is not only intolerable and deplorable, it's incomprehensible, even to the fine people of the of the KC Metro area.

If Pioli tried to pull this shit in Philly or New York or Chicago, etc. and so, he'd be crucified every single day to the point where he'd either have a nervous breakdown or get on a plane, never to be seen or heard from again.

What he's done to Chiefs fans is nothing short of despicable.

DaneMcCloud 10-08-2012 12:26 AM

Quote:

And you're a ****ing disgusting moron.

Thanks for coming back around, you ****ing jackass, when the Chiefs are at their lowest point in decades.

Now kindly go **** yourself with your Arizona flagpole, ****.

Chiefspants 10-08-2012 12:31 AM

Quote:

Hey, jAZ! what did you think about that debate last Wednesday?!

jAZ 10-08-2012 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8991059)
It's truly unfortunate that the situation has come to this.

My dad was in the Chiefs band in the late 60's, played with them the year they won the Super Bowl. I've been a Chiefs fan my entire life. My 86 year old grandmother calls me to complain about the Chiefs to this day.

I don't recall ever wishing injury on a Chiefs player, ever. Not Fuller or Blackledge or Livingston or DeBerg or Krieg or Gannon or Grbac or Green or any number of defensive players, whom we've all loved over the years, from Bobby to Barbaro to Dino to Derrick to Neil to Derrick!

Yet, Pioli's reluctance - check that - arrogance to insult the fan base, a fan base that has endured 20 years without a playoff victory and no significant wins in more than 40 years, is not only intolerable and deplorable, it's incomprehensible, even to the fine people of the of the KC Metro area.

If Pioli tried to pull this shit in Philly or New York or Chicago, etc. and so, he'd be crucified every single day to the point where he'd either have a nervous breakdown or get on a plane, never to be seen or heard from again.

What he's done to Chiefs fans is nothing short of despicable.

Ah yes, what's even more inspiring than the "people weren't cheering the injury" exucse? The "Scott Pioli made us do it" excuse.

DaneMcCloud 10-08-2012 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jAZ (Post 8991068)
Ah yes, what's even more inspiring than the "people weren't cheering the injury" exucse? The "Scott Pioli made us do it" excuse.

Just shut the **** up, Dumbass.

jAZ 10-08-2012 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 8991066)
Hey, jAZ! what did you think about that debate last Wednesday?!

I was at the gym and missed it, but I'm glad I did. :)

jAZ 10-08-2012 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8991070)
Just shut the **** up, Dumbass.

We all know that you are very important. So this post is very important to me. Consider me put in my place quite properly.

Holladay 10-08-2012 04:48 AM

Well Chris, nice to see you chime in. I always like your posts. Usually the voice of reason.

Keep posting.

jd1020 10-08-2012 05:20 AM

I wonder how many of those people included in the "cheering" of Matt Cassels injury typed what they typed with a smile and were lighting sparklers, shooting confetti, and doing the happy dance while Cassel was down.

I know I wasn't. I didn't even twitch in my recliner besides to raise up and let one rip.

I wouldn't have been cheering if I was at the game but I would have been thinking the same thing.

It takes forces outside of this organizations control to make a change when the change would have likely already been made on the other 31 teams. It's a joke.

Coogs 10-08-2012 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 8990816)

Ummm! First two are different subjects.

notorious 10-08-2012 05:59 AM

I sure as hell didn't cheer. We need Cassel to stay in to (once again) show the rest of the NFL how horrific Pioli's decision has been.

Chris Meck 10-08-2012 06:13 AM

Yeah, if you believe as I do that Pioli is forcing Cassel on Crennel as he did on Haley then this is not really good news. After the bye week, we are likely looking at Cassel's return.

I have to snicker at the calls of 'coward' and 'noob' by anonymous internet posters.

WhiteWhale 10-08-2012 06:42 AM

Quote:

Except fans were cheering a nice first down catch and run by Charles.

Then they applauded as Cassel walked off of the field (this is just a common courtesy of fans when a player is injured).

Then they cheered as Quinn came onto the field.

Winston is just projecting his anger at the fans rather than on his team-mates and himself for their terrible 1-4 start.

WhiteWhale 10-08-2012 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jAZ (Post 8991012)
Here on CP, the ratio of cheering the play to cheering the injury was at best only 40-1. That's assuming that you count the one post saying "Charles dead." is somehow cheering for the play. Otherwise it was 40-0.

Damn. I thought Winston was talking about fans in the stadium but clearly he was reading Chiefsplanet.

Easy 6 10-08-2012 06:49 AM

Winston started this, he needs to be the one to stop it.

WhiteWhale 10-08-2012 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 8991247)
Winston started this, he needs to be the one to stop it.

He's trying to deflect attention away from their shitty play on onto the fans by making some pretty egregious false statements.

It's disgusting and pathetic.

MahiMike 10-08-2012 06:56 AM

Chiefs fans went past the line and they should be ashamed. You already boo Cassel on every play. Least you could do is let it be when he gets hurt.

Bwana 10-08-2012 07:01 AM

:facepalm:

htismaqe 10-08-2012 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 8991211)
Yeah, if you believe as I do that Pioli is forcing Cassel on Crennel as he did on Haley then this is not really good news. After the bye week, we are likely looking at Cassel's return.

I have to snicker at the calls of 'coward' and 'noob' by anonymous internet posters.

First of all, Pioli doesn't have to FORCE Cassel on Crennel. Crennel willing accepted the situation. Crennel gets no sympathy. NONE.

Second, you're right. Cassel will be back. If he misses more than 4 games, this injury will likely be the reason given for bringing him back NEXT YEAR too.

BlackHelicopters 10-08-2012 07:05 AM

Winston seems as frustrated as we all are. He sees what is happening in Houston and wonders, "I left Houston for this mess?"

NJChiefsFan 10-08-2012 07:07 AM

He didn't choose to leave the Texans.

bevischief 10-08-2012 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jAZ (Post 8991012)

I admit I was saying this as well just not on here.

WilliamTheIrish 10-08-2012 07:15 AM

jAZ, you useless ****, my comment "Finally" = finally, they have to change QB's.

BlackHelicopters 10-08-2012 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 8991273)
He didn't choose to leave the Texans.

Didn't say he chose to leave. But he did leave, whether it was his choosing or not.

chiefzilla1501 10-08-2012 07:19 AM

Actually Winston is the only guy that seems to speak out. Even after his poor performance against San diego.

I hate the way he did it. But at least someone is standing up for the team. He has responsibility to defend his teammate. He needs to choose his words more wisely, but I'm sure this helped the locker room a bit.

Not Happy with it. But there's some positives.

Imon Yourside 10-08-2012 07:32 AM

Man this thing is getting blown WAY out of proportion.

Hound333 10-08-2012 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamInnerCircle (Post 8991287)
jAZ, you useless ****, my comment "Finally" = finally, they have to change QB's.

This

While I was happy he was hurt (i'll admit it) it was only because I knew him getting hurt was the only way they would switch QB's.

For good sakes the designed an offensive scheme around not letting the QB do anything but hand off the ball. We were running all over the Def and no Play acction? My 11 year old son was smart enough to ask why they aren't faking a handoff.

Why in the hell are they letting this happen. You can put Palko in there and have him hand the ball off for much less than we are paying Cassel. Either believe in him and prove us wrong or switch QB's. Putting him in there and hiding him is a slap in the face to us fans that pay thousands of dollars a year to watch this team.

FAX 10-08-2012 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8991297)
Actually Winston is the only guy that seems to speak out. Even after his poor performance against San diego.

I hate the way he did it. But at least someone is standing up for the team. He has responsibility to defend his teammate. He needs to choose his words more wisely, but I'm sure this helped the locker room a bit.

Not Happy with it. But there's some positives.

Check the tape, Mr. chiefzilla1501. The fans did nothing wrong. Nothing.

It was nothing like Winston's portrayal.

This is a classic case of the loudest voice winning the argument. Winston got it wrong, but he had access to a microphone so he's perceived as right.

Of all Planeteers, I would expect you to evaluate the facts prior to forming an opinion ... not simply to take the word for an obvious Pioli shill.

Check the tape.

FAX

Reerun_KC 10-08-2012 07:38 AM

Winston getting owned by the media today... Video evidence that he is a crying little bitch.

Imon Yourside 10-08-2012 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 8991343)
Winston getting owned by the media today... Video evidence that he is a crying little bitch.

It's too bad his voice is louder than his actions, he was billed as a great RT and thus far is disappoint.

BlackHelicopters 10-08-2012 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 8991343)

nothing little about Winston. Except perhaps his shrunken steroid genitalia.

FlaChief58 10-08-2012 07:57 AM

I can only speak for myself but, I wanted him to stay down to finally get that sorry excuse of a qb off the field. In a perfect world he would not have gotten hurt so he could finish what he started without the injury excuse, but that's not what happened. I hope Casshole is alright but at the same time, I hope he never suits up for the Chiefs again.

ChiTown 10-08-2012 08:06 AM

Yeah, it was a great speech, except he was completely full of shit.

Screw that soft bitch. He needs to worry more about his shit blocking, and less about about imaginary shit that never happened.

htismaqe 10-08-2012 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flachief58 (Post 8991375)
I can only speak for myself but, I wanted him to stay down to finally get that sorry excuse of a qb off the field. In a perfect world he would not have gotten hurt so he could finish what he started without the injury excuse, but that's not what happened. I hope Casshole is alright but at the same time, I hope he never suits up for the Chiefs again.

Bingo.

What's lost in the your bolded statement is the inference that what Matt started is now UNFINISHED.

He'll be back.

HonestChieffan 10-08-2012 08:47 AM

Quote:

Hang in there. I agree. The guy is a stand up guy who let his mouth go a bit nuts. But the point he made was valid for the ones who did cheer a cassel injury and anyone who would deny there were some is an idiot. I love Arrowhead and I think KC Fans are generally great fans and well meaning. But 20 years of going to games has shown me there are a lot of stupid people and more stupid with a bunch of beer in them.

TEX 10-08-2012 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 8991525)
Hang in there. I agree. The guy is a stand up guy who let his mouth go a bit nuts. But the point he made was valid for the ones who did cheer a cassel injury and anyone who would deny there were some is an idiot. I love Arrowhead and I think KC Fans are generally great fans and well meaning. But 20 years of going to games has shown me there are a lot of stupid people and more stupid with a bunch of beer in them.

Yep. Totally agree!

DeezNutz 10-08-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 8991396)
Yeah, it was a great speech, except he was completely full of shit.

Screw that soft bitch. He needs to worry more about his shit blocking, and less about about imaginary shit that never happened.

I'm going to go a bit tinfoil here, but this smells of a Pioli construction: "W, please speak about that 'disgusting' behavior, please; you're our true leader."

Chris Meck 10-08-2012 12:18 PM

People really think the blocking was bad? Seriously? Interesting. It looked to me like KC dominated up front all game long.