ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs I Predict The 2013 QB's To Be (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268468)

mr. tegu 01-04-2013 11:46 PM

Hey guys let's draft a QB number one overall but let's also make sure we spend lots of time working with a fringe NFL third stringer, drafted by one of the worst GMs, who did nothing overly impressive while in college!

jd1020 01-04-2013 11:47 PM

If Stanzi isn't at least a #2 in 2013 then there is no point in keeping him around.

BossChief 01-04-2013 11:47 PM

The browns defense is far from weak...we will see what Stanzi is truly made of with Reid calling the shots.

BossChief 01-04-2013 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9283930)
Hey guys let's draft a QB number one overall but let's also make sure we spend lots of time working with a fringe NFL third stringer, drafted by one of the worst GMs, who did nothing overly impressive while in college!

That's a dumb way of looking at it. Sorry.

The coaching staffs job is to develop the entire roster, not just the starting unit.

KChiefs1 01-04-2013 11:50 PM

Reid loves the OL. Luke Joeckel wii be #1.
The QB will be taken in Round 2. Tyler Bray wii be the pick.

aturnis 01-04-2013 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9283621)
Quinn played behind the same "shitty" line and didnt look anywhere near as incompetent as Stanzi.

He had also played in the offense for a full year. Stanzi was learning his second system in as many years in the NFL, and the QB coach and offensive coordinator likely spent little time on him with the project of teaching Cassel how to throw and doing your damndest to make sure he knew the offense.

Pin Head 01-04-2013 11:52 PM

Reid is going to have his hands fulll. This 2-14 team needs A LOT of work.

Exoter175 01-04-2013 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9283926)
Did you like Cousins coming out of college? I ask because it's completely irrational to give one fraction of an ounce of dap to Cousins more than Stanzi.

As much as people want to say, "C'mon, give Kirk Cousins a break, he was way better than Stanzi" it's pretty hard to point to anything Cousins did in college that Stanzi didn't do. Even in their styles of play and talent level.

Ferentz doesn't produce QBs? Well how many has Tom ****ing Izzo produced? I haven't heard what Jeff Smoker has been up to lately.

And yet Cousins goes to Washington in a zero pressure situation with a fantastic QB coach. The starter ahead of him is an elite athlete who has made the offense click better than any Redskins QB since Joe ****ing Theisman. Shit starts to move, people gain confidence, defenses start to give respect to all facets of the offense, and before you know it Cousins is placed in the perfect situation against a weak Browns defense to go out and look phenomenal.

And then what happens? People think Cousins is actually ****ing LEGIT?

(Not talking about you, Deez) Blows my ****ing mind how easily fooled most football fans are. Even a lot of the smart ones.

BOOM, Headshot.

DeezNutz 01-04-2013 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9283926)
Did you like Cousins coming out of college? I ask because it's completely irrational to give one fraction of an ounce of dap to Cousins more than Stanzi.

First, I'm not a Stanzi or Cousins Whisperer. I'm not.

I thought that Stanzi was an emotionally fragile bitch coming out. Unfair? Almost certainly. But this view was solidified in my mind when he checked down, at home, trailing, with time expiring and no TOs against Wisconsin (I believe).

Beautiful drive to this point. Ended by idiocy on the part of the QB. Now, one could argue that the back should have gotten out of bounds, blah, blah, blah. And maybe this is true. But the fact is that the trigger man put his teammate in a terrible place.

During the great Cassel wars of '10, I had and have no sympathy for idiocy from the QB position.

From my limited view, Cousins didn't hit these depths. Again, I didn't watch him play against NE Kansas City Tech, so I might be mistaken.

Too much stake in one play? Absolutely. Completely. But I never saw enough, even after this, to change my mind, even when Iowa bested my team in the bowl game later that season.

aturnis 01-04-2013 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9283935)
If Stanzi isn't at least a #2 in 2013 then there is no point in the keeping him around.

Depends on the situation. If you bring in Campbell or another vet to help along Geno/rookie QB, he'd pretty much be the #3 by default. Even if the coaches liked his potential. If they didn't feel comfortable with him as the #2 in 2014 after a year under their tutelage, then there would be no reason to keep him.

RealSNR 01-04-2013 11:57 PM

Yes, I know that Tom Izzo coaches basketball. I fixed it.

jd1020 01-04-2013 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9283971)
Depends on the situation. If you bring in Campbell or another vet to help along Geno/rookie QB, he'd pretty much be the #3 by default. Even if the coaches liked his potential. If they didn't feel comfortable with him as the #2 in 2014 after a year under their tutelage, then there would be no reason to keep him.

Not imo. How much practice is a #3 QB getting during the season?

If he can't make it to #2 in his 3rd season it's time for him to go.

Washington has 2 rookies as their top 2 QBs.

Exoter175 01-04-2013 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9283969)
First, I'm not a Stanzi or Cousins Whisperer. I'm not.

I thought that Stanzi was an emotionally fragile bitch coming out. Unfair? Almost certainly. But this view was solidified in my mind when he checked down, at home, trailing, with time expiring and no TOs against Wisconsin (I believe).

Beautiful drive to this point. Ended by idiocy on the part of the QB. Now, one could argue that the back should have gotten out of bounds, blah, blah, blah. And maybe this is true. But the fact is that the trigger man put his teammate in a terrible place.

During the great Cassel wars of '10, I had and have no sympathy for idiocy from the QB position.

From my limited view, Cousins didn't hit these depths. Again, I didn't watch him play against NE Kansas City Tech, so I might be mistaken.

Fragile Emotionally?

Huh?

Source? Evidence? lol

As far as the check down, you're referring to the Ferentz blunder, not Stanzi. I know the exact play, time on the clock, players on the field, etc.

I cried.

mr. tegu 01-04-2013 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9283945)
That's a dumb way of looking at it. Sorry.

The coaching staffs job is to develop the entire roster, not just the starting unit.

True. But Stanzi doesn't need to be a priority in any way, shape, or form. If he is here fine. If not who cares. I do not want Reid coming in here thinking he has something to work with in Stanzi, thus passing up on a first overall pick QB, all because Stanzi has not yet gotten to continue proving his suckage on Sundays.

Some people are acting like it is some travesty that Stanzi hasn't gotten a fair shake when in reality, being Pioli's pick, if he was good even in the slightest he would have been playing in an attempt to save Pioli's job.

DeezNutz 01-04-2013 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9283979)
Fragile Emotionally?

Huh?

Source? Evidence? lol

As far as the check down, you're referring to the Ferentz blunder, not Stanzi. I know the exact play, time on the clock, players on the field, etc.

I cried.

You can't cry "source??!!? " when one posts his opinions. The "source" is my last post. FFS.

When you post that Pioil prevented RAC from starting a player, that's when you're called out.

Badgirl?