ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Washington DC and The Holy Land (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Ron Paul Hits Huckabee on Taxes (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=178095)

Taco John 01-04-2008 07:09 PM

Ron Paul Hits Huckabee on Taxes

Ron Paul Hits Huckabee on Taxes

By Matthew Mosk
Apparently, there's only room in the Republican presidential field for one candidate who wants to abolish the IRS. At least that seems to be the message in a new Ron Paul mailing in New Hampshire. The glossy flyer from the Texas congressman and maverick presidential contender does not target the two Republicans who lead in the polls there (Mitt Romney and John McCain); it instead goes after Iowa caucus winner Mike Huckabee, calling him a "habitual tax hiker."

Paul has been putting to use his $20 million fourth-quarter fundraising haul with a series of mailings, though this is the first to go negative. The piece also carries two photographs -- one shows two former Arkansas governors -- Huckabee and former President Bill Clinton -- in a frame together. The other shows Paul with Ronald Reagan (though does not mention that Paul eventually criticized Reagan as a "failure.")

The latest polls in New Hampshire show Huckabee charging further ahead of Paul, with Huckabee fighting with Rudy Giuliani for third place, and Paul stuck in fifth.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...8010303208.jpg

Taco John 01-04-2008 07:11 PM

Interesting to see Paul on the offensive against the front runner.

ClevelandBronco 01-04-2008 07:32 PM

I'd be more interested in seeing him draw a distinction between his positions and those of the Democrats, but I guess this is what you get in the primaries.

Taco John 01-04-2008 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco
I'd be more interested in seeing him draw a distinction between his positions and those of the Democrats...

He kind of is...

Calcountry 01-04-2008 07:58 PM

Blow Paul.

Calcountry 01-04-2008 07:59 PM

Why must Mr. Paul always be referred to as "Ron Paul", instead of Paul. I mean, you refer to Huckleberry as just plain "Huckleberry", not "Mike Huckelberry."

WTF? You all have a clear case of "John DAVID fugging Bootie" syndrome.

Taco John 01-04-2008 08:50 PM

I refer to him as Ron Paul or Dr. Paul, out of respect for his title. I try to give all doctors their due.

BucEyedPea 01-04-2008 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bunnytrdr
Why must Mr. Paul always be referred to as "Ron Paul", instead of Paul. I mean, you refer to Huckleberry as just plain "Huckleberry", not "Mike Huckelberry."

WTF? You all have a clear case of "John DAVID fugging Bootie" syndrome.

Huckleberry Hound. ROFL

BucEyedPea 01-04-2008 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John

Well, that's fair because it's on the man's record regarding issues.
Huck wants to handle poverty too. wtf?

Anyhow, the public follows the line of attack...so I think this is good.

I got a comment in a rep, won't say who, from an Iowan who told me the Paul activists spent the weekend digging through trash to dig up dirt on a radio personality instead of campaigning. Have you heard anything on this?

go bo 01-04-2008 09:06 PM

Quote:

I refer to him as Ron Paul or Dr. Paul, out of respect for his title. I try to give all doctors their due.

i like the sound of ron paul...

just like those guys in the vatican, with two first names and all...

john paul, ron paul...

see what i mean?

Eleazar 01-04-2008 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go bowe
i like the sound of ron paul...

just like those guys in the vatican, with two first names and all...

john paul, ron paul...

see what i mean?

I always wondered about the guys who named themselves Pope Pius the X or whatever. Isn't a pope naming himself Pius kind of vain? Like if we had a candidate name himself Mike Presidential?

alanm 01-04-2008 09:17 PM

Quote:

ROFL :LOL: ROFL Now only if he was a viable candidate.

BucEyedPea 01-04-2008 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanm
ROFL :LOL: ROFL Now only if he was a viable candidate.

ROFL If only the Republicans were a viable party that can win the national election. ROFL :p

alanm 01-04-2008 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise
I always wondered about the guys who named themselves Pope Pius the X or whatever. Isn't a pope naming himself Pius kind of vain? Like if we had a candidate name himself Mike Presidential?

Uh the Popes name is chosen by the Cardinals.

penchief 01-04-2008 09:33 PM

Why the hard-on over taxes? Taxes are a necessary evil. They represent that which we all agree upon. If everyone reverted to being paranoid passive-aggressive, conservative types who behave as if taxes were the gateway to hell, we'd still be living in caves and dragging women around by the hair.