ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Washington DC and The Holy Land (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Economics True or false: State intervention tends to enable big business at citizens expense (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=224856)

Taco John 03-14-2010 02:12 AM

True or false: State intervention tends to enable big business at citizens expense
 
Just curious what the general feel across the board on this particular question is.


The real phrasing of the question is as follows (character space constraints):

True or False:
State intervention tends to enable big buisiness at the expense of labor and consumers.

orange 03-14-2010 02:46 AM

First.

Of course you already know the outcome of this poll.

Think back just a week or two ago. There were only 8 of us willing to identify ourselves as Democrats vs. 55 others.

The population of ChiefsPlanet is hardly representative of the nation. In fact, I doubt you could find a state that's ever been this red.

Chiefs red - how appropriate.

...

You want a poll with some teeth?

How about this: "IS THE POPE TOAST?"

Norman Einstein 03-14-2010 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orange (Post 6602639)
First.

Of course you already know the outcome of this poll.

Think back just a week or two ago. There were only 8 of us willing to identify ourselves as Democrats vs. 55 others.
The population of ChiefsPlanet is hardly representative of the nation. In fact, I doubt you could find a state that's ever been this red.

Chiefs red - how appropriate.

...

You want a poll with some teeth?

How about this: "IS THE POPE TOAST?"

I doubt that is a valid poll. It's hard to believe the ratio of liberal to other is 8:55. My read is that some of the liberals here are falling away from the party due to the current state of affairs.

BucEyedPea 03-14-2010 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norman Einstein (Post 6602667)
I doubt that is a valid poll. It's hard to believe the ratio of liberal to other is 8:55. My read is that some of the liberals here are falling away from the party due to the current state of affairs.

That's because they think Obama is too centrist.

oldandslow 03-14-2010 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 6602739)
That's because they think Obama is too centrist.

Yes, I certainly do. Thank you for that insight. You get it.

Taco John 03-14-2010 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orange (Post 6602639)
First.

Of course you already know the outcome of this poll.


I know the outcome of this poll because any honest evaluation of the question will come out to be "true."

BucEyedPea 03-14-2010 07:26 PM

Wow, some have a lot to learn. They have free-market capitalism confused with mercantilism and corporatism. Just like Marx had it confused.

Taco John 03-14-2010 09:00 PM

This question reveals the core weakness (hypocrisy) of Democrat politics.

WoodDraw 03-15-2010 01:31 AM

TJ posted a loaded poll to prove his own theories on government? Say it ain't so...

Taco John 03-15-2010 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WoodDraw (Post 6604875)
TJ posted a loaded poll to prove his own theories on government? Say it ain't so...


Loaded?

Taco John 03-15-2010 01:42 AM

Are you talking about the fact that the health care bill is a corporate give away, and thus at this moment it's loaded because it's on the front of everyone's mind?

WoodDraw 03-15-2010 01:51 AM

You had an idea in your head, and you wanted to confirm it in a way that makes you win. And no, I'm not talking about the health care bill because you said "state intervention". Perhaps you forgot what issue you were sucking off now?

Problems aren't black and white. What does "tend to" mean? 50%? 75%? I don't give a ****%?

Yes, certain state decisions do favor businesses, although I again don't have an idea in hell what "big" means. There are also state decisions that favor consumers.

You do the same thing every time you post. You make some outrageous argument, support it as far as your brain allows, and then run off saying well if that's what you believe, this isn't worth my time.

BucEyedPea 03-15-2010 08:32 AM

WoodDraw, Taco is right on this. You may not like it, seeing your emotional outburst but it's true. We HAVE a mixed economy and that means it has state capitalism and mercantilism as a part of it.

And you know what, it isn't worth hours of time defending it with certain people because no one is going to change their mind.
And there's a limit to how much one can say on a BB in order to educate them. The case can only be built systematically and that
takes a book or classroom instruction.

patteeu 03-15-2010 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 6605066)
WoodDraw, Taco is right on this. You may not like it, seeing your emotional outburst but it's true. We HAVE a mixed economy and that means it has state capitalism and mercantilism as a part of it.

And you know what, it isn't worth hours of time defending it with certain people but no one is going to change their mind.

What would be worth a few minutes of your time would be to stop by this thread and post your recently-informed thoughts.

BucEyedPea 03-15-2010 08:58 AM

What?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.