ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Polarizing Players and Chiefs Fans (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268128)

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 12-29-2012 01:04 AM

Polarizing Players and Chiefs Fans

I am completely astounded at how Chiefs fans are becoming increasingly polarized over certain players. Prior to this season, Matt Cassel was a prime example.

Now it's Geno Smith.

The kid is one of the top talents in this draft. Yet people shit all over him and they don't even watch game tape. Yet this kid is very polarizing almost how Eagle fans were in a tizzy over Donovan McNabb before the draft, during the selection announcement itself and after the draft.

Its a very interesting dynamic.

RealSNR 12-29-2012 01:06 AM

It's a dynamic that has a lot of dumb**** fans spouting shit they don't know about QBs they've never seen.

I don't know... is "interesting" the word you're going for?

I would probably use "cluster****" instead

The Franchise 12-29-2012 01:07 AM

What it's bringing out is a lot of the ****ing racist bullshit when it comes to QBs. Geno Smith is instantly another Vince Young or Jamarcus Russell.

BigMeatballDave 12-29-2012 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9247766)
What it's bringing out is a lot of the ****ing racist bullshit when it comes to QBs. Geno Smith is instantly another Vince Young or Jamarcus Russell.

Admittedly, I was that way early last year with RG3.

I just hadn't seen him play much. He, and now Smith have changed that image for me.

Very ignorant on my part, yes.

007 12-29-2012 01:18 AM

Thug life.

ReynardMuldrake 12-29-2012 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9247766)

I don't know why people feel the need to evaluate black quarterbacks differently than white ones, but for some reason they do.

saphojunkie 12-29-2012 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake (Post 9247825)
I don't know why people feel the need to evaluate black quarterbacks differently than white ones, but for some reason they do.

http://www.amazon.com/Practical-Guid...6770457&sr=1-4

Mr. Flopnuts 12-29-2012 05:04 AM

What the **** are you guys talking about? Racism is dead. Particularly in the midwest.

stevieray 12-29-2012 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9247924)
What the **** are you guys talking about? Racism is dead. Particularly in the midwest.

:rolleyes:

the Talking Can 12-29-2012 05:29 AM

chiefs fans are mostly dumb as shit and happy to go another decade without drafting a QB, much less a black one...

FlaChief58 12-29-2012 06:33 AM

I dont care if his skin is pink & purple pokadots as long as he's a winner. I just want to see the Chiefs win a SB before I die

bevischief 12-29-2012 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9247924)

:rolleyes:

KC_Lee 12-29-2012 07:51 AM

30 years of never drafting and developing a QB, be it the first round or any round, has convinced the true fans that the only QBs worth having are other team's scrubs or broke dick old QBs whose better days have passed them by.

crossbow 12-29-2012 07:54 AM

People are listening to the so called experts claim that there isn't a QB worth the top ten pick this year. It is total bull. Smith is going to be a fine QB and he is at the very least a major improvement over what we have now.

Just draft the guy and stop all the worry. He will be fine.

Mizzou_8541 12-29-2012 07:56 AM

This probably isn't the correct thread, but reading what Chiefs fans post on some other message boards and lstening to those that call in to 810/610 have become increasingly dissappointing lately. I can't believe the number of fans who don't want us to draft a QB. I'm sure most here have heard it, but there are a large number of "Quinn could be a good QB with more time, so draft a tackle," or "we have to replace Dorsey so draft Star Lotulelei" or the best ones are the "lets draft Te'o first overall." It's thickening. Who the eff are these people that think we don't need to address QB ASAp? Were they not watching the games? It's infuriating.

I've also noticed more and more people supporting Scott Pioli...I'm speechless with that one. If Soctt is retained, all hope for the Choefs is gone...at least for me. The true fans I listed above, im sure, will pack the stands for the garbage Pioli trots out. Chiefs will win 4 games with Manti effing Te'o, and Clark will continue to line his pockets. All I can hope for now is that Clark will do the right thing.