ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The offensive line and Pioli's "track record". (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=207420)

htismaqe 05-08-2009 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 5751128)
For some reason I feel like Tait only played one year at RT with Roaf at LT. Two Seasons at LT under Gunther and then one year at LT with DV and then DV brought in Roaf and Tait moved to RT? After that Tait signed with the Bears.

PhilFree:arrow:

Not according to Pro Football Reference.

Chaunceythe3rd 05-08-2009 05:49 PM

We've got a bigger problem than worrying about the O-line. Nobody on that line is going to get any help from Haley. If he doesn't have a Ken Whisenhunt and a Kurt Warner to do his coaching for him (and he doesn't), then we are in big trouble. Talking about Pioli is correct because Haley doesn't have the talent to evaluate or motivate the O-line except by bullying and they won't stand for that.

:shake:

The Bad Guy 05-08-2009 05:50 PM

What type of help exactly does Ken Wisenhut and Kurt Warner provide the offensive line?

The Bad Guy 05-08-2009 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THISmaqe (Post 5751132)
One could argue though that they spent so much time crafting said offense that the defense was neglected because of it.

All in all, that defense should have been able to make one or two freaking stops in that Colts game.

SAUTO 05-08-2009 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 5751139)
What type of help exactly does Ken Wisenhut and Kurt Warner provide the offensive line?

i was about to ask the same thing, is MC back? this guy has said some wierd shit so far

htismaqe 05-08-2009 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 5751139)

They do all the coaching for him. Because he doesn't know what he's doing, apparently.

The Bad Guy 05-08-2009 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THISmaqe (Post 5751144)
They do all the coaching for him. Because he doesn't know what he's doing, apparently.

Hilarious.

That line of thinking is so ****ing stupid, I don't even know how to post any sort of rebuttal.

philfree 05-08-2009 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THISmaqe (Post 5751134)
Not according to Pro Football Reference.

I hadn't referenced anything just trying to remember with my own little melon. Wasn't Tait Guns first 1st round draft pick? Sly Mo being Guns second 1st round pick? I'm not arguing I'm right or anything just trying to remember.

Just Passin' By 05-08-2009 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THISmaqe (Post 5749966)
So what does this all mean? To me, it means we shouldn't be real surprised that Pioli didn't go balls-out on the offensive line this offseason. The Patriots real success in building their 2001 offensive line that won the first championship came in the 2001 offseason, not 2000. In fact, their 2000 draft only landed one player of significance - Tom Brady. The rest of the draft is pretty ho-hum.

I don't know if Pioli is going to be able to get away with developing the O-linemen in the same manner Belichick does. Belichick has a huge edge there, because he's got one of the best O-line coaches in the league working for him, and that coach doesn't go looking for promotion. That mean that he's able to get continuity at that spot in a way that almost no team can. Neal is a perfect example of how it works. The guy was a wrestler in college, but the Patriots were able to take the time to coach him up because the team could afford the luxury of keeping him around and had consistency at the coaching spot. As a matter of fact, they've got another wrestler in camp this year, and this guy's basically never played a down of football in his life.

On the positive side for the Chiefs, even some of those players who didn't thrive have been okay as players. Kenyatta Jones' biggest problem was his sheer stupidity:

Quote:

Jones pleaded no contest to one count of assault and battery with a dangerous weapon and was issued a "continued without a finding" ruling in April after he threw hot water on roommate Mark Paul. If Jones does not violate his one-year probation the case will be dismissed. Paul, who suffered second- and third-degree burns, was sitting on the toilet when he was hit by the water.
The team released him just a few days after the incident happened, but he'd been a starter.

Randall started for both the Patriots and the Texans.

O'Callaghan is a pretty talented player, and he pushed Kazcur for the starting job, but he keeps getting concussions. He may not survive the cut this season, based upon the way the Patriots drafted. They may feel that they just can't take a chance on a guy who gets his bell rung so frequently.

Klemm was just an absolute bust, and he's considered one of the absolute worst picks of the Belichick era.

htismaqe 05-08-2009 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 5751169)
I hadn't referenced anything just trying to remember with my own little melon. Wasn't Tait Guns first 1st round draft pick? Sly Mo being Guns second 1st round pick? I'm not arguing I'm right or anything just trying to remember.

I thought we took Tait in 1998? I honestly can't remember.

And as for referencing instead of trying to remember, I already got slapped down today, ironically on this topic.

I thought Spears replaced Tait at RT when it was the other way around. :D

Pasta Little Brioni 05-08-2009 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaunceythe3rd (Post 5751136)
We've got a bigger problem than worrying about the O-line. Nobody on that line is going to get any help from Haley. If he doesn't have a Ken Whisenhunt and a Kurt Warner to do his coaching for him (and he doesn't), then we are in big trouble. Talking about Pioli is correct because Haley doesn't have the talent to evaluate or motivate the O-line except by bullying and they won't stand for that.

:shake:

:spock:

Pioli Zombie 05-08-2009 07:41 PM

This thread makes little sense. On hand its acknowledged how Light, Mankins, Koppen, and Kazur have played on the line, a line on a team that went 18-1 in 2007, btw, but then the record of drafting is so-so because not all of them worked out.
Well no shit. That's drafting in the NFL. No team hits on al of them except maybe the early 70's Steelers.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-08-2009 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pioli Zombie (Post 5751292)
This thread makes little sense. On hand its acknowledged how Light, Mankins, Koppen, and Kazur have played on the line, a line on a team that went 18-1 in 2007, btw, but then the record of drafting is so-so because not all of them worked out.
Well no shit. That's drafting in the NFL. No team hits on al of them except maybe the early 70's Steelers.
Posted via Mobile Device

Calm down Scott;:D the Lord MS blesses you.

htismaqe 05-08-2009 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pioli Zombie (Post 5751292)
Posted via Mobile Device

Um, we're in YEAR ONE of Pioli's tenure here.

In YEAR ONE of his tenure in New England, they didn't have Light, Mankins, Koppen, OR Kaczur.

THAT is the point of this thread and makes PERFECT sense if you're paying attention.

Pioli Zombie 05-08-2009 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THISmaqe (Post 5751454)
Um, we're in YEAR ONE of Pioli's tenure here.

In YEAR ONE of his tenure in New England, they didn't have Light, Mankins, Koppen, OR Kaczur.

THAT is the point of this thread and makes PERFECT sense if you're paying attention.

So if you are saying what happened in year one in New England is going to happen in KC then that means in year 2 the Chiefs will win the Super Bowl. Duh

Its still assinine. Pioli is a tad more experienced now that he was the very first year he was at New England. As Belichick has said "Am I a better coach than I was 10 years ago? I better be!"

Ask any Patriot fan if they are pleased with the results of the Patriots drafting.
Posted via Mobile Device