ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Music Slow Ass Jolene (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275431)

gblowfish 08-19-2013 08:40 AM

Slow Ass Jolene
 
Very cool....
Dolly Parton's original 45 played at 33. It's mo awesome...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/CzYHllLv_IE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Silock 08-21-2013 05:17 AM

Cool!

Baby Lee 08-21-2013 06:03 AM

Dolly Parton is every bit the titan that Johnny Cash and Merle Haggard was.

Loretta and June Carter had great voices as well, but Dolly's personality is something we need to treasure. Anyone who can undo Johnny Carson AND Stephen Colbert is someone to be dealt with.

<embed style="display:block" src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:video:colbertnation.com:421558" width="288" height="247" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="window" allowFullscreen="true" flashvars="autoPlay=false" allowscriptaccess="always" allownetworking="all" bgcolor="#000000"></embed>

EDIT: Colbert was actually undone while singing with her in a subsequent segment, but they scrubbed the internet of it

OTOH, it goes both ways, sort of

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/3AtNecByo1o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

hometeam 08-21-2013 06:40 AM

<div style="background-color:#<div style="padding:4px;"><iframe src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:arc:video:comedycentral.com:2133d8fd-60cb-44fd-a28b-e81c8dda6453" width="512" height="288" frameborder="0"></iframe><p style="text-align:left;background-color:#</a></b></p></div></div>

Dayze 08-21-2013 07:27 AM

I watched some brief documentary of her with several interviews with her. Good lord she's hilarious. So many 'sayings' that were great. I bet she is a great person to meet.

Baby Lee 08-21-2013 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9903409)
Drunk History

I love how the people called on to tell those stories get legitimately roaring drunk.

Esp when they have to take puke breaks.

Dayze 08-21-2013 09:30 AM

the drunk history with Winona Ryder was awesome.

but this one is my favorite by far.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/CDukCTcITLY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Baby Lee 08-21-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9903659)
the drunk history with Winona Ryder was awesome.

She's in an unmarked grave in Boston Common.
You know whose grave is marked? . . . Jim Morrison.
People fly to see it. . . and he wrote shitty music.


ROFL ROFL - thank you Jen.

But truth be told, Paget Brewster is the sexiest drunk storyteller, . . . hell the sexiest anything.

Pawnmower 08-21-2013 09:16 PM

Interestingly the white stripes did it at the slower pace as well

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/zX8piT5lOsM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

hometeam 08-21-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 9905338)
Interestingly the white stripes did it at the slower pace as well

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/zX8piT5lOsM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That was tough to get through.

Pablo 08-21-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9905374)
That was tough to get through.

Really?

I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Off to enjoy Blunderbuss.

NewChief 08-21-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9905374)
That was tough to get through.

Aww man. Comeon. One of the great covers of the last 20 years (though I didn't listen to that particular version).

Pablo 08-21-2013 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9905388)
Aww man. Comeon. One of the great covers of the last 20 years (though I didn't listen to that particular version).

Please post the version you like.

Just curious.

NewChief 08-21-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 9905395)
Please post the version you like.

Just curious.

I actually listened to the one you posted after I posted, and I like it just fine. I just wasn't sure if it was a substandard recording, and that's why he was saying it was painful.

Here's the album version, though:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gE3-q-aoFZI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I probably like the live version as much or more, though, because it has more energy... though the version above blew me away when I first heard it due to the whole lofi, garage bluesy thing being so different from other stuff I was listening to at that particular time.

Pablo 08-21-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9905413)
I actually listened to the one you posted after I posted, and I like it just fine. I just wasn't sure if it was a substandard recording, and that's why he was saying it was painful.

Here's the album version, though:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gE3-q-aoFZI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I probably like the live version as much or more, though, because it has more energy... though the version above blew me away when I first heard it due to the whole lofi, garage bluesy thing being so different from other stuff I was listening to at that particular time.

Yeah, I like the live one better. Nothing wrong with the studio version but of the two I'm choosing the live one for energy alone. I actually did a youtube search for this song right after I posted this and already listened to this exact version.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.