ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   STICKEY PLEASE...esophagus (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=149930)

tommykat 10-15-2006 07:09 PM

STICKEY PLEASE...esophagus

Haven't been around much I know..Please DO NOT be mean! I took my Mom to for tests Friday as she has not been able to eat or drink anything for over 6 plus weeks. It gets stuck in her throat and she urpps it up!

I was told by her Dr. that her esphagus was clear, however~My Mom has a big mass pressing on her lung to close the eshpagus. I asked him if it was cancer, he shook his head yes...That is why he ordered the CAT Scan the same day.

I will find out tomorrow....The Dr. was kind, but I just ask all that know the Lord to say a prayer PLEASE!!!

Thoughts are good also....

I thank you all.

Kat~

Rain Man 10-15-2006 07:14 PM

Sorry to hear, tommykat. Best of luck to her.

Sure-Oz 10-15-2006 07:15 PM

Is it really hard to swallow?? Have they dialated her esophugus or tried other things like that? Can you give more details onto whats goin on?? She pukin constantyl??

Simplex3 10-15-2006 07:16 PM

Hopefully whatever happens your mother is comfortable and enjoys life until the end.

2112 10-15-2006 07:16 PM

So sorry babe!!!

God bless you and your mom tommykat!!!

plbrdude 10-15-2006 07:19 PM

sorry to hear. will pray for her and you.

tommykat 10-15-2006 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz
Is it really hard to swallow?? Have they dialated her esophugus or tried other things like that? Can you give more details onto whats goin on?? She pukin constantyl??

They did a scope on Mom and it came out fine....the mass that he saw was on her lung....Mom smokes alot. She just can't get anything down. It gets stuck...so up it comes.

Hey, she smoked for 50 years. I am just scared to death. I have no one but my MOM. Need I say more?

Cntrygal 10-15-2006 07:20 PM

:(

Best wishes to you & your mom!

cdcox 10-15-2006 07:20 PM

God bless your mother, TK.

teedubya 10-15-2006 07:22 PM

May God's healing light help your mom.

WilliamTheIrish 10-15-2006 07:28 PM

Puts running up the score in perspective.

Good luck to you and your Mom, KattyTom

Sure-Oz 10-15-2006 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommykat
They did a scope on Mom and it came out fine....the mass that he saw was on her lung....Mom smokes alot. She just can't get anything down. It gets stuck...so up it comes.

Hey, she smoked for 50 years. I am just scared to death. I have no one but my MOM. Need I say more?

Well i hope they can fix her up, man thats insane about the smoking. I know what it is to have esophugus problems, trust me. You and your mom are in my thoughts and i wish you the best of luck!

B2chiefsfan 10-15-2006 07:42 PM

Ouch!! I hope everthing turns out alright......

Everyone here knows I lost my mother to Breast Cancer of couple of years back and now my mother-in-law is battling Pancreatic Cancer. She just had surgery to remove some of the tumor today. The surgery was successful, but now comes the most stressful part. If her pancreas doesn't heal properly within the next few days, she'll only have days to live. It's put a real toll on my wife. My wife cried her eyes out when Detroit hit that homerun because her mother and her are life time Tiger fans. Her mother smiled and told me that she hope she can at least make it through the World Series.

I really hate seeing you or anyone else go through anything like this.

Hang in there, Tommy.

Boyce

Adept Havelock 10-15-2006 07:57 PM

My best wishes for your mother and you. Hang it there, TK.

KCFalcon59 10-15-2006 07:58 PM

Tommykat,

My family and I will say many prayers for you mother. Please cherish every moment you have with your mom. I recently lost my father to lung cancer. He bravely took on the chemotherapy but due to many other physical problems couldn't withstand the treatment. I hope they can treat your mom successfully and you have many days and months and years to spend with her. Just make sure every day is full of love and caring. Hang in there. This is a tough situation that you all are going to experience. God bless you all. Be strong.

Mike