ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Anyone watch Castle? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=225327)

luv 10-25-2011 10:22 AM

Well, it looks like next week is Castle's turn to be "blown up." I'll be at Arrowhead, so it looks like I'll have to Hulu it Tuesday.

keg in kc 10-29-2011 10:26 PM

Just a heads-up in case there's anybody in KC who likes the show: KMBC's airing the Chiefs game, but Castle will be on KCWE (as well as Dancing with the Stars if you watch that crap...). That's 7 on Time Warner (1007 for HD).

luv 10-29-2011 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8059553)
Just a heads-up in case there's anybody in KC who likes the show: KMBC's airing the Chiefs game, but Castle will be on KCWE (as well as Dancing with the Stars if you watch that crap...). That's 7 on Time Warner (1007 for HD).

Just saw that. I'll be at the game, so it looks like I'll have to hulu it Tuesday.

keg in kc 02-14-2012 01:01 AM

I never learn. I tell myself not to watch part 1 of a 2-parter because I know they'll **** with me and then I watch anyway. ****ers!

JD10367 10-29-2012 08:48 PM

So far, I'm liking how they're handling the relationship. Shows are afraid of getting their romantic leads together thanks to the "Moonlighting curse". The sexual tension and bantering of a male-female show seems to get stalled when they finally consummate. But it's nice to see shows trying to demonstrate that, yes, once a man and woman finally sleep together, they can still have a relationship. The only show on TV that seemed to do this well was the old show "Hart To Hart" (Stefanie Powers and Robert Wagner). "Bones" isn't handling it as well; they moved too quickly from "sexual tension" to "they're living together and have a baby", and the show seems to have lost something. "Castle", on the other hand, is keeping more of the romance and humor. Maybe it's because, on "Castle", they built up the sexual tension longer and better; on "Bones", the relationship was almost cold, and they made the mistake of never actually showing Bones and Brennan consummate the relationship. They only talked about it afterwards, leaving viewers to go, "Wait, what? After all this time, they finally 'did it' and we didn't even see it or know about it?" Stupid move on their part. And is it just me, or is Stana Katic even more attractive this season? Longer hair in a newer style, and they're letting her look more feminine (not to mention she smiles more, and is shown in various states of undress).

keg in kc 10-29-2012 09:57 PM

Yeah, I think this season has been really, really done well so far.

JD10367 10-31-2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9064447)
Yeah, I think this season has been really, really done well so far.

I think a problem many shows have is that, once they get the leads together, they forget WHY the leads were interested in each other in the first place. So far, "Castle" is doing a good job of showing that they're both still interested in each other (both physically and emotionally) and they've already put in a few scenes with good impact in that direction. For example, in the recent episode about the dead weathergirl, Beckett catches Castle playing around with the blue-screen setup. He doesn't know she's watching him act like a big kid, and as she's watching him she smiles (which I interpret as a reminder to her of why she likes him in the first place, 'cause he's a bit of a goofball man-child). Likewise, at the start of that episode (or the one before), Beckett is in a bra trying to pick out a shirt to wear to work, and Castle keeps telling her "no, not that one", and she realizes he's only doing it to see her keep taking her shirt off. :thumb:

Baby Lee 12-09-2012 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 7558391)
Criminal Minds

Martha Fock this show for setting a victim's forced marionette routine to The Pxies' 'Where is My Mind' on bells.

007 12-09-2012 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9190822)
Martha Fock this show for setting a victim's forced marionette routine to The Pxies' 'Where is My Mind' on bells.

Filter evasion. :D

luv 12-09-2012 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 9068561)
I think a problem many shows have is that, once they get the leads together, they forget WHY the leads were interested in each other in the first place. So far, "Castle" is doing a good job of showing that they're both still interested in each other (both physically and emotionally) and they've already put in a few scenes with good impact in that direction. For example, in the recent episode about the dead weathergirl, Beckett catches Castle playing around with the blue-screen setup. He doesn't know she's watching him act like a big kid, and as she's watching him she smiles (which I interpret as a reminder to her of why she likes him in the first place, 'cause he's a bit of a goofball man-child). Likewise, at the start of that episode (or the one before), Beckett is in a bra trying to pick out a shirt to wear to work, and Castle keeps telling her "no, not that one", and she realizes he's only doing it to see her keep taking her shirt off. :thumb:

I was super scared that they'd be stuck with the Moonlighting curse, but there was really no more ways to keep them apart. I liked the episode where the parents and them got together for dinner. When they were in hiding and she talked to him about her concerns about their relationship. And in the last episode where they both have their reasons for their traditions or Christmas, but are willing to break them at the end. They're not together 24/7. They still show their differences and how they're adjusting.

007 05-08-2013 09:34 PM

Looks like they may be getting a 2 year pickup after this season.

luv 05-13-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9669869)
Looks like they may be getting a 2 year pickup after this season.

Yay! I heard they were definitely renewed for next season.

Personally, I think they've done an excellent job with the whole "Caskett" thing.

With the season finale tonight:

Spoiler!

luv 09-18-2013 12:39 PM

Season 6 starts Monday. Anyone still into this show?

keg in kc 03-06-2014 04:50 AM

Okay, that was an awesome episode.

And apparently the lowest-rated in the series' history. wtf.

007 03-06-2014 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10469415)
Okay, that was an awesome episode.

And apparently the lowest-rated in the series' history. wtf.

Hell it was the best ep of all the 9pm time slot eps. WTF?