ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Junior Seau dead, probable suicide (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259152)

tooge 05-02-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut (Post 8588416)

eeewwww

Donger 05-02-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut (Post 8588425)
What I'm saying is that it's not a ****ing matter of accountability in the first place.

Sure it is.

vailpass 05-02-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8588412)
Speak o' the devil:

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...05601005_n.jpg

Go **** yourself, Harrison. Better yet, go off yourself.

The players need to be a hell of a lot more cognizant of this stuff among themselves. There hasn't been honor among thieves with a lot of these thugs in a very long time.

Maybe at some point asshole headhunters like Harrison will realize that there are consequences to scrambling someone's !@#$ing brain.

Then get them to sign consent forms but stop trying to ruin the game.

Thig Lyfe 05-02-2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 8588430)
Sure it is.

Wow, when you put it that way...

vailpass 05-02-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8588426)
They'll just turn it into the pro bowl. And that'll be the end of it.

Yep. Something needs to be done to keep that from ever happening.

DJ's left nut 05-02-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8588407)
Yep. And it is sheer lunacy. There is implied consent there that should relieve the NFL of any punitive liability.

Put 9 individuals in a room and tell them that a billion-dollar entity run by a bunch of exceptionally rich men has tacitly accepted the deaths of its employees.

Oh sure, there will be defenses made, some of them valid. But if you can ever claim to know what a jury is going to decide, especially in a very emotionally charged issue, you're a far better man than I.

Jenson71 05-02-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8588407)
Yep. And it is sheer lunacy. There is implied consent there that should relieve the NFL of any punitive liability.

How much do you think the average professional football player knows about the consequences of the game? The science of this brain rumbling isn't well known. People know they can get concussions, but the long term effects of those? And even without concussions?

vailpass 05-02-2012 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8588441)
Put 9 individuals in a room and tell them that a billion-dollar entity run by a bunch of exceptionally rich men has tacitly accepted the deaths of its employees.

Oh sure, there will be defenses made, some of them valid. But if you can ever claim to know what a jury is going to decide, especially in a very emotionally charged issue, you're a far better man than I.

Tell them those employees are multi-millionaires who knew exactly what they were doing when they accepted that money.

Rain Man 05-02-2012 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8588336)
The rule changes that emphasize the passing game have also created more problems with head traumas, etc..., IMO.

In the running game you have guys in relatively confined spaces running into each other. You run greater risks for broken limbs and such in the mass of bodies underneath, but the speeds are incredibly slow.

In the short passing game, however, the rules are designed to allow free movement and create speed. These guys are just launching themselves into each other over the middle of the field.

I wonder if we won't start to see rules shaded back towards encouraging the more deliberate, power football that we used to see. I really do think it would help improve the head trauma issues.

That's a really interesting point.

It would be nice if they would start restoring some balance to the game instead of this stupid trend of making the offense the Harlem Globetrotters and the defense the Washington Generals. If this is the reason for it, that's just as good as any other.

Ultra Peanut 05-02-2012 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 8588430)
Sure it is.

me ugg

ugg have rock for bash

ugg want moralize unfortunate events

DJ's left nut 05-02-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8588446)
Tell them those employees are multi-millionaires who knew exactly what they were doing when they accepted that money.

Give it your best shot.

But don't be surprised one way or the other. At best it will be a coin-flip scenario.

mikey23545 05-02-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8588258)
**** this and **** all of you for making jokes.

How funny would it have been to have a pun thread when DT died? It wouldn't have been.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 8588273)
I'd be hesitant to make fun if the guy died tragically in a fire or car accident or something. But, he offed himself. What a prick. Sorry, but I've just never thought that I should feel sympathy for someone that takes the greatest gift of all and throws it away, ruining it for countless others at the same time.

I never thought I should feel sympathy for someone too ****ing stupid to wear a seatbelt and so immoral they left illegitimate children scattered throughout the state.

Donger 05-02-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8588441)

And the "victims" in the case heartily volunteered, enthusiastically played the game and were handsomely rewarded for their choice.

Donger 05-02-2012 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut (Post 8588448)
me ugg

ugg have rock for bash

ugg want moralize unfortunate events

Yes, you are so much more evolved than I, buddy.

vailpass 05-02-2012 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Literature (Post 8588444)
How much do you think the average professional football player knows about the consequences of the game? The science of this brain rumbling isn't well known. People know they can get concussions, but the long term effects of those? And even without concussions?

Is that the standard, that the player needs to have a doctor-level understanding?
IMHO there is a standard of implied consent that has been met. There should be a formal consent document drawn up that all existing and future players must sign or they can't play.
If any actual damages exist from the past the league should pay the expenses associated with them.