ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals Do you want to see Miguel Cabrera win MLBs Triple Crown? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264491)

Deberg_1990 10-01-2012 07:43 AM

Do you want to see Miguel Cabrera win MLBs Triple Crown?

Could be the first Triple Crown since 1967

Ironically, the Royals will have a say in the race, since he plays against them the last 3 games.

Discuss....

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/spo...race-heats-up/

Miguel Cabrera is slowly inching towards achieving the first Triple Crown since 1967.

With a line drive home run in the eighth inning against Minnesota on Saturday night, Cabrera moved into a tie with Texas star Josh Hamilton for the AL lead.

Cabrera's blast in the eighth inning off Casey Fien was his 43rd home run for the year. He also leads the AL in batting average (.327) and RBIs (136) as he looks to become the first player since 1967 to lead the league in all three categories.

"It's unbelievable what he's done this year," pitcher Justin Verlander said, the reigning AL MVP who was wearing a dark blue t-shirt with the message "Keep the MVP in the D" and Cabrera's name on the front.

"It's amazing to me how he keeps getting better. He's already the best hitter in the game and he keeps taking it to another level."

While it was Cabrera and his home run that gave the Tigers the five-run cushion they would end up needing in a 6-4 victory over the Twins that gave them a two-game lead in the AL Central, the Triple Crown hopeful deferred the attention away from himself.

It's unbelievable what he's done this year.- Justin Verlander

"I want to talk about the team," Cabrera said respectfully. "There's too many distractions right now and been talking too much about triple crowns. I pull too much attention. I don't want to do that. I want to go out there and play my game."

Cabrera entered the day leading Joe Mauer by five points in the batting race, Hamilton by eight in the RBI race, but trailing Hamilton by one in homers.

So will he be watching Hamilton down the stretch?

"I'll let you guys keep Hamilton in your eyes," Cabrera said. "I'll go to the hotel and get some breakfast tomorrow and try to win tomorrow."

The bigger prize, of course, is the division title. Neither the Tigers nor the Sox will qualify for one of two wild cards in the American League, so their only way in is through the division door.

"The last couple weeks, there's too much attention right now," Cabrera said of the triple crown. "I don't like too much of that stuff. But it's always good. You've got to feel comfortable with that. You've got to feel positive and be ready to play."

Jenson71 10-01-2012 07:45 AM

Yeah, but I still want the series win. And more importantly, I want the White Sox to lose.

RedDread 10-01-2012 07:45 AM

For sure. By all accounts Cabrera is a good guy and I'd like to see one in my lifetime.

Al Bundy 10-01-2012 07:46 AM

Yes.. and I hope clinches it against the Royals... and I mean bomb their asses.

stonedstooge 10-01-2012 07:57 AM

HELL NO. Bring down one of the icons in baseball that I actually got to see play once in Kansas City. Yaz was awesome

noa 10-01-2012 08:00 AM

Definitely want to see it, and what's amazing is people are actually debating whether he'll even win the AL MVP if he gets the triple crown.
Posted via Mobile Device

MIAdragon 10-01-2012 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 8966251)
HELL NO. Bring down one of the icons in baseball that I actually got to see play once in Kansas City. Yaz was awesome

One TC will NOT bring down Yaz.

MIAdragon 10-01-2012 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noa (Post 8966261)
Definitely want to see it, and what's amazing is people are actually debating whether he'll even win the AL MVP if he gets the triple crown.
Posted via Mobile Device

Trout is having an unreal season, it should be debated.

Jenson71 10-01-2012 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 8966251)

Yeah, there's definitely that thorny issue of history forgetting prior Triple Crown winners.

stonedstooge 10-01-2012 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Literature (Post 8966271)
Yeah, there's definitely that thorny issue of history forgetting prior Triple Crown winners.

Wait till you get to be an older fart like me. You try to hang on to the icons of your youth. It keeps alive the illusion that your youth was all rainbows,chocolate chip cookies and fairy tales

Dr. Johnny Fever 10-01-2012 08:12 AM

I'd like to see him do it. You just don't see that kind of stuff very often and Cabrera is a pretty good guy. Hope he gets the triple crown and MVP and the Royals sweep the series while the Sox get swept and miss the playoffs after 117 days in first place this year. Suck it Hawk.

noa 10-01-2012 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 8966269)
Trout is having an unreal season, it should be debated.

Absolutely agree, iust saying what a crazy season it is.
Posted via Mobile Device

Marco Polo 10-01-2012 08:51 AM

Yes, its history in the making. And if you get the triple crown, there should be NO discussion of any other HITTER getting the MVP over him. Yes, Trout is having a great year but not a triple crown year. Give him ROY and have him try again next year.

Reaper16 10-01-2012 09:10 AM

I would not like to see him win it, because I don't want the OBVIOUS ****ING MVP, Mike Trout, to get his MVP award stolen from him by a bunch of old farts (or old-hearted voters) who think RBIs are a good measure of a player's value.

Paniero 10-01-2012 09:25 AM

Royals should troll and intentionally walk him every time.