ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs @nfldraftscout (Matt Miller) will be on 610 from 1-2 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269046)

HolyHat 01-18-2013 12:49 PM

@nfldraftscout (Matt Miller) will be on 610 from 1-2

Matt is from Bleacher Report and is one of the guys that has Geno going first to KC. Should be a good listen

DaneMcCloud 01-18-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @KCsporting (Post 9330814)
Matt is from Bleacher Report and is one of the guys that has Geno going first to KC. Should be a good listen

Bleacher Report

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

O.city 01-18-2013 01:07 PM

No it won't be a good listen. He's all about Joeckel, thinks Albert isn't a top 15 LT in the league.

It's having these guys on that makes this town so scared or against a QB. It's all they know.

Mr. Arrowhead 01-18-2013 01:08 PM

that guy is annoying, he was saying on Twitter last year, that Cassel wasnt a bad qb and he was well above average lol

the Talking Can 01-18-2013 01:11 PM

"joke-al is the best tackle I've ever seen"

jesus ****ing christ

the Talking Can 01-18-2013 01:12 PM

he also said smith and wilson were the best QBs with a gap between everyone else

but his comments on joke-al are preposterous

O.city 01-18-2013 01:12 PM

He said Joeckel is as good as Ogden was.

The guy is a goon.

ptlyon 01-18-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9330876)
"joke-al is the best tackle I've ever seen"

jesus ****ing christ

:facepalm:

Somebody needs to slit his sack & run his leg thru it

Rambozo 01-18-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9330837)
Bleacher Report

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Exactly :clap:

the Talking Can 01-18-2013 01:16 PM

blows my mind

he thinks we should get Smith, while admitting he is average and probably "15th" in the league...."but at least you'll win a few games"

why are the Chiefs the only team that can't draft and develop a QB???

why can't we compete for a superbowl instead of 8-8?

ptlyon 01-18-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9330907)
blows my mind

he thinks we should get Smith, while admitting he is average and probably "15th" in the league...."but at least you'll win a few games"

43 years, thats why

O.city 01-18-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

blows my mind

Cause we never have and until we do, it's assumed we are scared to try and won't.

Rausch 01-18-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9330921)
Cause we never have and until we do, it's assumed we are scared to try and won't.

**** the trend.

This year I think we will.

I'm sure no matter who we pick the BB will meltdown but I do believe we'll go QB...

O.city 01-18-2013 01:21 PM

These dipshits formulate their own opinions, then talk to scouts and change it around. This dude is a ****ing moron.

the Talking Can 01-18-2013 01:21 PM

his top 3 in order are

Smith
Wilson
Barkley

the Talking Can 01-18-2013 01:24 PM

"Smith's upside is Ryan...he's a great fit for Reid's offense...I call him a seasoned Tannehill"

verbatim gibberish...and this guy still thinks we should acquire Alex Smith

Rambozo 01-18-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

blows my mind

No disrespect but, what blows my mind is the way some of you think he is the best thing since Jesus. I like him but man, people are Geno crazy around here. It's like they love him so much that they just want to grab hold of him and **** the shit out of him. It's kind of weird. I know these are desperate times for Chiefs fans but, there are a ton of fans wearing beer goggles. He's a good prospect who hasn't done shit and that's about it.

O.city 01-18-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9330938)
No disrespect but, what blows my mind is the way some of you think he is the best thing since Jesus. I like him but man, people are Geno crazy around here. It's like they love him so much that they just want to grab hold of him and **** the shit out of him. It's kind of weird. I know these are desperate times for Chiefs fans but, there are a ton of fans wearing beer goggles. He's a good prospect who hasn't done shit and that's about it.

What blows my mind is there are still Chiefs fans who, after what we just went thru with Cassel, want to turn around and do the same thing.

ptlyon 01-18-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9330930)
his top 3 in order are

Smith
Wilson
Barkley

He looked like most any Baird student, Sir.

Rambozo 01-18-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9330943)
What blows my mind is there are still Chiefs fans who, after what we just went thru with Cassel, want to turn around and do the same thing.

I don't know any of those. I don't think anyone wants, or thinks we'll go back to that.

King_Chief_Fan 01-18-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

I like that quote

O.city 01-18-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9330951)
I don't know any of those. I don't think anyone wants, or thinks we'll go back to that.

Some here want to take the "safe" route, draft a LT, maybe get the 5 or 6 best QB prospect in the 2 round and trade/sign Alex Smith or Flynn.

I mean thats worked here before right?

the Talking Can 01-18-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

no disrespect, but you're a ****ing idiot...i'd recommend throwing yourself into a helicopter blade...

some of us have watched him play...and some of us know that until this franchise actually drafts a QB it is just a pass time for johnsonville brat loving tards like yourself...

any other comments you think i need to hear?

O.city 01-18-2013 01:30 PM

Some Chiefs fans don't want to draft a Qb unless he's a sure thing with no flaws. Basically unless Andrew Luck falls to the Chiefs in the middle of the first round after they've traded down for value.

Rausch 01-18-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9330958)
Some Chiefs fans don't want to draft a Qb unless he's a sure thing with no flaws.

IT'S THE ****ING DRAFT!

NO PLAYER WILL EVER BE FLAWLESS YOU ****ING TIT-SIPPING MONGOLOIDS!

RunKC 01-18-2013 01:33 PM

This guy just said Geno's weakness is just that he never played in a pro style offense.

KevB 01-18-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

You don't get it. People generally aren't in love with Geno specifically as much as they're in love with the decision to take the best QB available (and many think he's the best QB available). Especially given the other players projected at the top of the draft also aren't can't miss players. If all are a risk, why wouldn't you take ---- BY FAR ---- the most important position on the field which happens to also be the organization's biggest position of need?

Rausch 01-18-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9330967)
This guy just said Geno's weakness is just that he never played in a pro style offense.

And?...

ptlyon 01-18-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9330963)
IT'S THE ****ING DRAFT!

NO PLAYER WILL EVER BE FLAWLESS YOU ****ING TIT-SIPPING MONGOLOIDS!

Whoa whoa WHOA. Calm down & have a schnitzel dude...

Rausch 01-18-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9330969)
You don't get it. People generally aren't in love with Geno specifically as much as they're in love with the decision to take the best QB available (and many think he's the best QB available).

Perfect explanation of where I stand...

RunKC 01-18-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9330970)
And?...

Geno played in a pro style offense his first year. This guy is clueless.

duncan_idaho 01-18-2013 01:36 PM

What the hell is this guy talking about calling Luke Joeckel as good as Jon Odgen?

COME ON.

Ogden was just as athletic as Joeckel, but he was 3" taller, 50 pounds heavier, had incredibly long arms even for his height (7-foot wingspan). He also was a freaking monster when it came to strength.

Calling a tackle without elite strength as good as Ogden or Pace is just dumb.

Fansy the Famous Bard 01-18-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9330967)

I guess Geno and I have that in common.

Rambozo 01-18-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9330958)
Some Chiefs fans don't want to draft a Qb unless he's a sure thing with no flaws. Basically unless Andrew Luck falls to the Chiefs in the middle of the first round after they've traded down for value.

I don't think that's true. Every Chiefs fan wants to draft a QB and I think we will. Andrew Luck is a once in 30 year prospect. No one has Andrew Luck on the mind. People really look at Geno and compare him to Ryan and Stafford and they see he's not as good. Most people just want a QB that will succeed imo. He doesn't have to be perfect and we can be a little patient with him. The thing is that it doesn't look like there is a guy like that in this class. I am talking about a guy like say Joe Flacco for example. We are going to have to play the hand we are dealt. People complain about mock's like Kiper's for example but that would be great. Can you imagine if we knew Geno would fall into the 20's? What if it is as evident to the GM's as it was when Brady Quinn and Aaron Rodgers fell? Wouldn't the best situation be to grab Joeckel and trade back into the first and grab Wilson or Smith?

If that happened, guys like you would extatic calling Dorsey a genius. But, for the two hours before we traded you would be cursing the everloving shit out of him threatening to end your Chiefs fandom.

It's true for a lot of you guys. My advice is to chill out and hope Geno and/or drop.

Fansy the Famous Bard 01-18-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9330985)

It's true for a lot of you guys. My advice is to chill out and hope Geno and/or drop.

No one asked for your advice.

HolyHat 01-18-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

people are Geno crazy around here. It's like they love him so much that they just want to grab hold of him and **** the shit out of him.

I'd **** the shit out of him.

Rausch 01-18-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9330977)
Geno played in a pro style offense his first year. This guy is clueless.

For most of his career he didn't.

And yes, a legitimate argument would be his footwork and adjusting to the pro game.

Yes, that's a legit "con" when evaluating him.

To me the main reason I like the guy is his ability to read (yes, he can) and get rid of the ball quickly with an absurdly high completion percentage.

Yes, that's inflated due to the system and the fact it's the college game but he's proven he can fit perfectly in a 1-2-3 offense...

O.city 01-18-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

I don't think that's true. Every Chiefs fan wants to draft a QB and I think we will. Andrew Luck is a once in 30 year prospect. No one has Andrew Luck on the mind. People really look at Geno and compare him to Ryan and Stafford and they see he's not as good. Most people just want a QB that will succeed imo. He doesn't have to be perfect and we can be a little patient with him. The thing is that it doesn't look like there is a guy like that in this class. I am talking about a guy like say Joe Flacco for example. We are going to have to play the hand we are dealt. People complain about mock's like Kiper's for example but that would be great. Can you imagine if we knew Geno would fall into the 20's? What if it is as evident to the GM's as it was when Brady Quinn and Aaron Rodgers fell? Wouldn't the best situation be to grab Joeckel and trade back into the first and grab Wilson or Smith?

If that happened, guys like you would extatic calling Dorsey a genius. But, for the two hours before we traded you would be cursing the everloving shit out of him threatening to end your Chiefs fandom.

So you want a prospect that came from a ****ing Division 1aa school at Qb? Lotta hindsight there.

Rodgers is what you are coming up with? Yeah 20 some odd Gm's were ****ing stupid and passed on him.

And, no hte best situation would be re sign Albert, draft a QB at 1 and not have to **** with giving up any extra picks.

Rambozo 01-18-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @KCsporting (Post 9330992)
I'd **** the shit out of him.

ROFL

duncan_idaho 01-18-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

I would take Geno Smith over Matt Ryan and think he's nearly identical to Bradford (more upside, lower floor).

The problem with Kiper's mock is that it is out of touch with reality. There's no way that QBs are going to fall as much as he (or some other experts) thinks. There are too many teams with extreme needs. Planning to draft "BPA" and hoping for a QB in round 2 (or by trading up into the 20s of round 1) falls completely apart if Oakland, Arizona, Jacksonville (which will have two shots at it), Buffalo, etc. take QBs.

Rambozo 01-18-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9330995)
So you want a prospect that came from a ****ing Division 1aa school at Qb? Lotta hindsight there.

I didn't say that.

Rodgers is what you are coming up with? Yeah 20 some odd Gm's were ****ing stupid and passed on him.

Yep but, at the time there were some questions about him just like Geno. No one can see the future. None of them expected him to turn out like he has. Unfortunately, teams don't have the hindsight advantage when they are picking in the draft.

And, no hte best situation would be re sign Albert, draft a QB at 1 and not have to **** with giving up any extra picks.

You sound afraid and desperate imo. We'll find a QB man. We will draft a QB this year and sooner or later, one will pan out.

We are on the right path.

RustShack 01-18-2013 01:47 PM

Geno is actually a real good prospect from a physical/talent standpoint. He just needs a little coaching to reach his potential. He threw 42 TD's 6 INT's and completed 72% of his passes last year and he isn't even close to tapping his full potential yet. He was on a bad team, if his team did better everyone would love him. He was far from the reason why they weren't successfull.

If last years staff was here, yeah Geno is probably screwed... But Reid can coach him as as well as anyone else in the NFL.

Smith is the opposite if the Chiefs. He had no help(besides a few WR's). The Chiefs have a lot in place, but you can't see it because there's no QB.

HolyHat 01-18-2013 01:48 PM

I don't see how this guy thinks Ryan Tannetits would be the best QB in this class...that's total nonsense.

Rambozo 01-18-2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9330997)
I would take Geno Smith over Matt Ryan and think he's nearly identical to Bradford (more upside, lower floor).

The problem with Kiper's mock is that it is out of touch with reality. There's no way that QBs are going to fall as much as he (or some other experts) thinks. There are too many teams with extreme needs. Planning to draft "BPA" and hoping for a QB in round 2 (or by trading up into the 20s of round 1) falls completely apart if Oakland, Arizona, Jacksonville (which will have two shots at it), Buffalo, etc. take QBs.

Geno has better tools but, mentally, he is not where Ryan was. Ryan is and has always been great under pressure in big games. He brought his team back so much he earned the name "Matty Ice." Geno and Bradford haven't shown that yet and that is a big deal. Tons of these NFL games come down to the wire. That is one of the first things coaches look at when checking out QBs imo.

I agree about Kiper. At least 2-3 will go in the first.

Make no mistake, if we pass on a QB at #1, it is for a damn good reason and more than likely, Oakland, Jacksonville, and the others will pass too.

O.city 01-18-2013 01:50 PM

So you want a Flacco type prospect, who had more questions coming out than 2 or 3 of the top guys this year? Ok.

No shit, people can't see the future. WHo knew.

Afraid and desperate? For what? Statistics show the best place to find a franchise QB is in the first round. When you wait til the second, chances go down, free agency even farther.

O.city 01-18-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9331022)
Geno has better tools but, mentally, he is not where Ryan was. Ryan is and has always been great under pressure in big games. He brought his team back so much he earned the name "Matty Ice." Geno and Bradford haven't shown that yet and that is a big deal. Tons of these NFL games come down to the wire.

Make no mistake, if we pass on a QB at #1, it is for a damn good reason and more than likely, Oakland and Jacksonville will pass too.

ROFL

You're a ****ing moron.

O.city 01-18-2013 01:51 PM

Yep, damn good reason all those teams passed on Big Ben, or Rodgers, or Brady etc. They always know what they are doing.

Pitt Gorilla 01-18-2013 01:51 PM

I don't think QBs slip anymore. Not after what Russel Wilson just did. If a QB is even close to being able to throw the ball, they will go round 1.

O.city 01-18-2013 01:54 PM

People wanna play the sit and wait game in round 2 to see which QB falls to us there or which is still available.

We have the first overall pick. Sitting around waiting isn't what needs to happen.

the Talking Can 01-18-2013 01:56 PM

imagine the ****ing tears if we were looking at a QB from Delaware this year, whose biggest win was against Delaware State...

jesus, the "he's not good enough, wait till next year" crowd would lose their worthless shit....

Rambozo 01-18-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9331028)
ROFL

You're a ****ing moron.

Almost every rookie loses his first playoff game. He looked bad in his second game.

In five years Ryan has 16 fourth quarter comebacks and 23 game winning drives.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...layer=RyanMa00

In comparison, Rodgers has 5 fourth quarter comebacks and 9 game winning drives in eight years.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...layer=RodgAa00

When he won the Superbowl, that team never trailed a game once in the 4th quarter. It's not a coincidence.

O.city 01-18-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9331046)
Almost every rookie loses his first playoff game. He looked bad in his second game.

In five years Ryan has 16 fourth quarter comebacks and 23 game winning drives.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...layer=RyanMa00

In comparison, Rodgers has 5 fourth quarter comebacks and 9 game winning drives in eight years.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...layer=RodgAa00

When he won the Superbowl, that team never trailed a game once in the 4th quarter. It's not a coincidence.

Yeah, because he carried the 32 ranked defense in the league to a SB win.

The reason Rodgers teams were never behind? Cause he ****ing outscored everyone, he didn't have to come back.

And if 5 years, Matt Ryan has how many playoff victories?

Rambozo 01-18-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9331041)
imagine the ****ing tears if we were looking at a QB from Delaware this year, whose biggest win was against Delaware State...

jesus, the "he's not good enough, wait till next year" crowd would lose their worthless shit....

God damn some of you guys don't ****ing read. I was talking about a guy like Joe Flacco who can develop over time and win some big games. A guy with a skill set who has the tools and turns into a good QB. He doesn't have to be great. He just has to be like Joe.

It has nothing to do with Delaware. Jump to conclusions much?

duncan_idaho 01-18-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9331022)
Geno has better tools but, mentally, he is not where Ryan was. Ryan is and has always been great under pressure in big games. He brought his team back so much he earned the name "Matty Ice." Geno and Bradford haven't shown that yet and that is a big deal. Tons of these NFL games come down to the wire. That is one of the first things coaches look at when checking out QBs imo.

I agree about Kiper. At least 2-3 will go in the first.

Make no mistake, if we pass on a QB at #1, it is for a damn good reason and more than likely, Oakland, Jacksonville, and the others will pass too.

I think the "great under pressure" credibility Ryan might have had built up at one time ( which is questionable in the first place - do a few comebacks against non-powers in the ACC really warrant it) have certainly dried up as his NFL career has gone along.

Geno Smith's performance against Oklahoma, which should have won the game if his defense was even 1/4 competent, was better - and against a better team - than any Matt Ryan led comeback his last year in college.

O.city 01-18-2013 02:02 PM

So you want a guy like Joe Flacco, prospect wise, yet you don't want any of these guys at 1? Do you remember what Flacco was as a prospect?

Rambozo 01-18-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9331049)
Yeah, because he carried the 32 ranked defense in the league to a SB win.

The reason Rodgers teams were never behind? Cause he ****ing outscored everyone, he didn't have to come back.

The Packers defense was ranked 5th when they won the Superbowl. Go back and look at the record that year. He choked almost every time they were behind in the 4th quarter. What happened when KC beat them at Arrowhead? They trailed going into the fourth quarter. It happened again in the playoffs. What happened in the playoff game this year?

The fact is that he doesn't lead them back very often. This is a dumb conversation. Let's get back on point.

Rambozo 01-18-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9331057)
I think the "great under pressure" credibility Ryan might have had built up at one time ( which is questionable in the first place - do a few comebacks against non-powers in the ACC really warrant it) have certainly dried up as his NFL career has gone along.

Geno Smith's performance against Oklahoma, which should have won the game if his defense was even 1/4 competent, was better - and against a better team - than any Matt Ryan led comeback his last year in college.

Did you watch the game last week? :facepalm:

Those 16 fourth quarter comebacks and 23 game winning drives are NFL stats. Not ACC stats.

O.city 01-18-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9331067)

Did you watch ANY of his other playoff games? or do those not count?

Rambozo 01-18-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9331068)
Did you watch ANY of his other playoff games? or do those not count?

The one where Flacco lead the Ravens back in the 4th? ROFL It's important man and it seems to come down to the end 50% of the time. We need a guy who can carry the team when the game is on the line. We need a guy who can make the play when it must be made. For me, that is the difference between Wilson and Geno. Wilson has done it much more often that Geno.

O.city 01-18-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9331073)
The one where Flacco lead the Ravens back in the 4th? ROFL It's important man and it seems to come down to the end 50% of the time.

Matt Ryan's other performances you ****ing dip shit. You know, the ones where he scored a whopping 2 points against the Giants?

duncan_idaho 01-18-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9331067)

Those 16 fourth quarter comebacks and 23 game winning drives are NFL stats. Not ACC stats.

I admittedly don't watch the Falcons week after week and am surprised to see those stats (although I think "game-winning drives" is just as dumb a stat as "game-winning RBI").

But the guy has been part of a team that consistently gets Marty Schottenheimered (i.e. losing their first game) in the playoffs.

Takes some shine off his big-game rep.

Rambozo 01-18-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9331074)
Matt Ryan's other performances you ****ing dip shit.

Yes, I did. I watched the loss in Arizona and the loss in NY. He has shown he can do it in college and in the pros. It was no suprise when he finally led the comeback last week.

You know what Tom Brady and Russell Wilson did great in college? They led 4th quarter comebacks. It shows up in the NFL.

O.city 01-18-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9331080)
Yes, I did. I watched the loss in Arizona and the loss in NY. He has shown he can do it in college and in the pros. It was no suprise when he finally led the comeback last week.

You know what Tom Brady and Russell Wilson did great in college? They led 4th quarter comebacks. It shows up in the NFL.

So did Tim Tebow

Fansy the Famous Bard 01-18-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9331073)
The one where Flacco lead the Ravens back in the 4th? ROFL It's important man and it seems to come down to the end 50% of the time. We need a guy who can carry the team when the game is on the line. We need a guy who can make the play when it must be made. For me, that is the difference between Wilson and Geno. Wilson has done it much more often that Geno.

So let me get this straight.. You're saying draft Wilson because he's more flacco, Not Smith because he's more Rodgers?

You would rather have Joe Flacco as your QB than Aaron Rodgers?

And you're saying this with a straight face?

mcaj22 01-18-2013 02:19 PM

people on here are way smarter and more knowledgeable about the entire scope of the NFL than those **** writers at Bleacher Report.

it's not even close. If this forum turned into a CMS that produced articles by users it would end being much more credible than Bleacher imo.

ptlyon 01-18-2013 02:20 PM

:popcorn:

O.city 01-18-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9331097)
people on here are way smarter and more knowledgeable about the entire scope of the NFL than those **** writers at Bleacher Report.

it's not even close. If this forum turned into a CMS that produced articles by users it would end being much more credible than Bleacher imo.

There are around 6 or 7 people here on CP who I'm pretty sure could sit down together and come up with a draft that would be better than any draft a team will have this year.

Yet, bleacher report is what some decide to treat as gospel, because a guy who can't get a job as a pro scout says something.

Rambozo 01-18-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 9331092)
So let me get this straight.. You're saying draft Wilson because he's more flacco, Not Smith because he's more Rodgers?

You would rather have Joe Flacco as your QB than Aaron Rodgers?

And you're saying this with a straight face?

That's not what I am saying at all. I am saying draft a QB that has the skillset and has won the close ones and come through when it counted. Draft a QB that looks like he can develop into someone as good as Joe Flacco is NOW.

I'm saying if Reid and Dorsey think they can get one of the two (Geno or Wilson) in 20s on up in the first, then wait and do it. If that's the case, I think they will.

Our second and third round picks are good ones and most of those teams in the 20's have QBs. Someone like the Saints who lost draft picks might be willing to trade.

Sorter 01-18-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9331101)
There are around 6 or 7 people here on CP who I'm pretty sure could sit down together and come up with a draft that would be better than any draft a team will have this year.

Yet, bleacher report is what some decide to treat as gospel, because a guy who can't get a job as a pro scout says something.

You should read some of Bleacher Report's MMA articles.

You'll vomit for hours. ROFL

O.city 01-18-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9331103)
That's not what I am saying at all. I am saying draft a QB that has the skillset and has won the close ones and come through when it counted. Draft a QB that looks like he can develop into someone as good as Joe Flacco is NOW.

I'm saying if Reid and Dorsey think they can get one of the two (Geno or Wilson) in 20s on up in the first, then wait and do it. If that's the case, I think they will.

Wait and do what? How do they wait and take a pick with which they don't have?

Rambozo 01-18-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9331107)
Wait and do what? How do they wait and take a pick with which they don't have?

It's called trading. there were more first round trades in last year's draft than there ever have been because of the new rookie cap. We can use our second and third and still have the comp pick for Carr.

Again, if they don't feel the QBs are worth taking at #1, they will gamble. It's a real possibility guys.

O.city 01-18-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9331109)
It's called trading. there were more first round trades in last year's draft than there ever have been because of the new rookie cap. We can use our second and third and still have the comp pick for Carr.

So trade the second pick int he 2nd round, the 1st pick in the 3rd round to trade back up and get a guy you could have just taken first overall?

Sounds right.

O.city 01-18-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9331109)

Again, if they don't feel the QBs are worth taking at #1, they will gamble. It's a real possibility guys.

Dorsey, the new GM we have, comes from the Packers. He's stated that they will be sticking closely to the Packers philosophy, one which doesn't gamble on draft day.

Chiefnj2 01-18-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9331111)
So trade the second pick int he 2nd round, the 1st pick in the 3rd round to trade back up and get a guy you could have just taken first overall?

Sounds right.

Except you are not including the original guy you draft. Assuming Albert isn't extended, people would really be upset walking out of the first three rounds of the draft with the best LT and Wilson?

Rambozo 01-18-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9331113)
Dorsey, the new GM we have, comes from the Packers. He's stated that they will be sticking closely to the Packers philosophy, one which doesn't gamble on draft day.

Reid has traded in seven of his last ten drafts. He moved up and got the guy he wanted five of the seven times.

If we trade the 2nd and 3rd we get a really good first round player and a good QB. Again, they have to be sure one of the two will drop.

O.city 01-18-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9331117)
Except you are not including the original guy you draft. Assuming Albert isn't extended, people would really be upset walking out of the first three rounds of the draft with the best LT and Wilson?

Sure. But then it's not in your hands.

You take Joeckel, them Wilson, Smith and Barkley go in the top 10 you're holding your dick with the 4 or 5 best QB.

Fansy the Famous Bard 01-18-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

I don't think everyone would be mad if we walked out of there with those two guys... The problem is... that's an assumption that you DO Get those two guys. You're risking not drafting a QB by trying to wait till the 2nd, and if wilson and Smith ARE taken, you're basically ****ed... until next year. You don't PLAN for the 2nd round and hope that he's still there. The Eagles or jags or raiders may all take QB's... what do you do then? YOU DONT HAVE A CHOICE. If we could map out the draft and say.. Joeckel #1 and Wilson in the 2nd... I think people could get on board... But this isn't Madden where you just restart the system until you get the guys you want to fall to you.

Rambozo 01-18-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 9331136)
I don't think everyone would be mad if we walked out of there with those two guys... The problem is... that's an assumption that you DO Get those two guys. You're risking not drafting a QB by trying to wait till the 2nd, and if wilson and Smith ARE taken, you're basically ****ed... until next year. You don't PLAN for the 2nd round and hope that he's still there. The Eagles or jags or raiders may all take QB's... what do you do then? YOU DONT HAVE A CHOICE. If we could map out the draft and say.. Joeckel #1 and Wilson in the 2nd... I think people could get on board... But this isn't Madden where you just restart the system until you get the guys you want to fall to you.

You are right. The question is how big are Geno and Wilson's flaws? That's the difference between us draft geeks and the real scouts. Dorsey and Reid will have a good idea of where they should go and then allow for a rise in stock because of position. It's not as big of a gamble as you think imo.

O.city 01-18-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Or you just sign Albert to a deal.

They you could walk out of the first 3 rounds with the highest rated Qb in the draft, a franchise LT, and 3 other guys. You start trading those picks, you miss out on getting the best CB or BPA available , when you could have just taken whoever you like the best at 1 and not risk losing him.

O.city 01-18-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9331147)
You are right. The question is how big are Geno and Wilson's flaws? That's the difference between us draft geeks and the real scouts. Dorsey and Reid will have a good idea of where they should go and then allow for a rise in stock because of position. It's not as big of a gamble as you think imo.

So missing out on one of the top 3 QB's in the draft, when you have the ability to take your pick of the 3 before anyone else has a chance, isn't a gamble?

It's a huge gamble.