ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Man Fires 50 Shots at CA Mall, no one hurt (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267701)

tk13 12-15-2012 10:54 PM

Man Fires 50 Shots at CA Mall, no one hurt

Another crazy day at a mall.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...50-rounds.html

Quote:

More than 50 rounds fired in Fashion Island shooting, police say
December 15, 2012 | 6:59 pm

A gunman at Fashion Island in Newport Beach apparently fired more than 50 rounds in a parking lot at the busy shopping mall before he was apprehended by police, authorities said Saturday.

The 42-year-old male was arrested in the parking lot near the Macy’s department store shortly after firing the shots about 4:30 p.m., said Kathy Lowe, a spokeswoman for the Newport Beach Police Department. Officers on bike patrol apprehended the man.

Police searched the mall but did not find anyone who had been struck by the gunfire. The shots were apparently fired either in the air or at the ground.

More than 50 rounds were recovered at the scene, said Deputy Chief David McGill. A handgun was recovered at the scene, but police did not reveal any more details about the weapon.

The mall was crowded with holiday shoppers at the time of the shooting.

Shopper Dena Nassef said she and another person were walking toward Macy’s when people started yelling and running.

“With what happened in Connecticut, we were freaking out,” she said. “It was like crazy, people leaving stores.”

Ann Butcher, an employee at Macy’s, said she was on the patio at Whole Foods when people started running and screaming. She said some women left their purses and fled.

“That was very scary,” she said.

Shopper Eric Widmer said he was at the Barnes & Noble bookstore when he saw a mother and daughter rush in crying. He said he heard someone scream, “Shooter!”

He said he managed to exit the bookstore and head to Macy’s, which he could not leave.

“I thought, ‘Great, I get to be scared twice,’” he said. “Lightning strikes twice.”

Hammock Parties 12-15-2012 10:55 PM

What the tuck is going on. Seriously. This is weird and creepy.

Bugeater 12-15-2012 10:56 PM

I blame video games.

Hammock Parties 12-15-2012 10:56 PM

OBAMA PLANTING SHOOTERS EVERYWHERE

GUNS WILL BE OUTLAWED SOON

Hammock Parties 12-15-2012 10:57 PM

I bet he was trying to make a point by not killing anyone.

GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE

TAKE THAT OBAMA

Barret 12-15-2012 10:59 PM

Silly question, could it be people are freaked out about this whole December 21st Mayan BS and they figure if they are going to die anyway then they want to release their pent up issues on everyone and make a statement before they can't make a statement anymore?

I don't believe in the December 21st thing....I am just saying if someone is mentally unstable to begin with, throw the end of the world on the fire of insanity and watch it light up a lot.

Prison Bitch 12-15-2012 11:00 PM

The first thing we need to do is make sure all the folks in that parking lot are disarmed. Then, we can get to solving the problem of the crazy shooter. But first things first.

AussieChiefsFan 12-15-2012 11:00 PM

wow another one.

Bowser 12-15-2012 11:00 PM

Oh come on with this shit.

petegz28 12-15-2012 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9211678)
I bet he was trying to make a point by not killing anyone.

GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE

TAKE THAT OBAMA

:thumb:

BigRedChief 12-15-2012 11:02 PM

WTF? Does every crazy MOFO get to take a gun and **** with innocents?

Easy 6 12-15-2012 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9211677)

LMAO

Bowser 12-15-2012 11:05 PM

50 Shots of Blanks

Chiefshrink 12-15-2012 11:06 PM

All these crazies want their 15 minutes of fame and the sad part is that there are thousands more out there that do as well and a media that is more than complicit to give them their fame.:shake:

Prison Bitch 12-15-2012 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9211694)
All these crazies want their 15 minutes of fame and the sad part is that there are thousands more out there that do as well and a media that is more than complicit to give them their fame.:shake:

Exactly. Years ago, sports programming made the decision to NOT SHOW STREAKERS or anyone interrupting the field of play. The same needs to start happening with these crazed killers.

CrazyPhuD 12-15-2012 11:16 PM

Hell why is it all people in the states with the most gun control that are shooting up everything. You would think it would happen in the states with the least......

KCwolf 12-15-2012 11:17 PM

Matt Cassel ????

Dave Lane 12-15-2012 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCwolf (Post 9211713)
Matt Cassel ????

Well if the guy was shooting at people more than 15 yards away its could very well be Cassel.

Raiderhater 12-15-2012 11:22 PM

Is there a really long lasting full moon going or something?

TribalElder 12-15-2012 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9211677)

GUNS WILL BE OUTLAWED SOON

True Story

TribalElder 12-15-2012 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyPhuD (Post 9211712)
Hell why is it all people in the states with the most gun control that are shooting up everything. You would think it would happen in the states with the least......

Most gun control means the victims most likely are unarmed. Nobody is storming NRA mixers in Texas because they won't get very far. Gun control will only disarm more law abiding citizens and give criminals the upper hand.

Prison Bitch 12-15-2012 11:33 PM

Killers are probably just laughing at the thought of disarming their target practice. They're now going on the hunt wearing riot gear and carrying multiple weapons. They're targeting movies, malls and schools where armed resistance is at its least likely. Now, they want the President to go grab all the guns so they're completely unhindered from doing their schemes.

KChiefer 12-15-2012 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9211699)
Exactly. Years ago, sports programming made the decision to NOT SHOW STREAKERS or anyone interrupting the field of play. The same needs to start happening with these crazed killers.

Which is why there's no longer streakers...oh wait...

Prison Bitch 12-15-2012 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefer (Post 9211748)
Which is why there's no longer streakers...oh wait...

Are there more or fewer? I doubt you know either way. If the number has decreased, then the point is perfectly valid.If it's increased, then it wouldn't be. Since TV continues to refuse showing them, I'll assume they believe it cuts down the frequency.

TimeForWasp 12-15-2012 11:39 PM

How can he miss 50 times?

Unsmooth-Moment 12-15-2012 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9211752)
Are there more or fewer? I doubt you know either way. If the number has decreased, then the point is perfectly valid.If it's increased, then it wouldn't be. Since TV continues to refuse showing them, I'll assume they believe it cuts down the frequency.

This is a fact.

Chief_For_Life58 12-15-2012 11:45 PM

parking lot control

Prison Bitch 12-15-2012 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Touchdown Kansas City !!! (Post 9211754)

Eric Winston blamed the disgruntled shoppers for messing up his confidence.

Easy 6 12-15-2012 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9211765)
Eric Winston blamed the disgruntled shoppers for messing up his confidence.

LMAO

crazycoffey 12-15-2012 11:58 PM

shop with a cop.

CrazyPhuD 12-16-2012 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Touchdown Kansas City !!! (Post 9211754)

He was a former USC QB?

Chiefshrink 12-16-2012 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9211699)

I totally agree but the ratings($$) are just too important now and our culture has rotted to the point of where total moral relativity rules and there are no such things as moral absolutes any more in order to do the right thing because all that matters is $$ and fame.

Dave Lane 12-16-2012 12:01 AM

Quote:

Yep its the media's fault.

crazycoffey 12-16-2012 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyPhuD (Post 9211786)
He was a former USC QB?

/thread

HoneyBadger 12-16-2012 12:16 AM

Quote:

Yep. Media is at fault for many issues. Like fat girls, getting upset because they are fat.

J Diddy 12-16-2012 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9211790)
Yep its the media's fault.

I would agree that it is the medias fault. Do you know the name of the killer? Have you seen his picture time and time again? As we speak there is someone digging deep into his life to find out more about him. That something will be aired shortly. However, in 5 years, if anything is recalled about the Connecticut shooting it will be the shooters name and that he killed 20 people, not the name of the victims.

Every person who feels like a nobody and who is going to off themselves quietly in their mother's basement now has a way to go out and leave a mark forever.

Bump 12-16-2012 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 9211733)
Most gun control means the victims most likely are unarmed. Nobody is storming NRA mixers in Texas because they won't get very far. Gun control will only disarm more law abiding citizens and give criminals the upper hand.

BINGO

Bump 12-16-2012 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoneyBadger (Post 9211824)
Yep. Media is at fault for many issues. Like fat girls, getting upset because they are fat.

the media is a vehicle the government uses to control us and how they want us to think. I know, I'm soo crazy for saying that and I need another toke....

O.city 12-16-2012 12:45 AM

Alot of the media digging etc., IMO, is based on our want to know why. We want some sort of reason to believe that this type of evil doesn't just exist, but there is some reason behind it.

Terribilis 12-16-2012 12:58 AM

The guntabulators sound like trolls these days

bevischief 12-16-2012 02:25 AM

And people wonder why I hate people and large groups of people.

Demonpenz 12-16-2012 02:49 AM

DON'T GO TO A MALL DURING HALLOWEEN THIS YEAR.

The_Doctor10 12-16-2012 02:49 AM

WTF is going on...

bevischief 12-16-2012 02:55 AM

Cassel gone wild....

FlaChief58 12-16-2012 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyPhuD (Post 9211712)

Because the criminals in the states with less gun control know that there is a strong possibility that they will be confronted and stopped by armed law obiding citizens

bricks 12-16-2012 07:20 AM

Thank God nobody is hurt.

Have to take the positive out of this situation.

BlackHelicopters 12-16-2012 07:35 AM

The deterioration of 'Merica continues.

notorious 12-16-2012 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9211671)
What the tuck is going on. Seriously. This is weird and creepy.

Attention.

Lonewolf Ed 12-16-2012 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barret (Post 9211679)
Silly question, could it be people are freaked out about this whole December 21st Mayan BS and they figure if they are going to die anyway then they want to release their pent up issues on everyone and make a statement before they can't make a statement anymore?

I don't believe in the December 21st thing....I am just saying if someone is mentally unstable to begin with, throw the end of the world on the fire of insanity and watch it light up a lot.

That is the first I have heard of it, and it's just crazy enough to have merit since there are some extremely looney bastards out there lately.

kepp 12-16-2012 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCwolf (Post 9211713)
Matt Cassel ????

He finds a way to injure people without even hitting them though.

-King- 12-16-2012 09:22 AM

Didn't want to start a new thread...

Quote:

Alabama Hospital Shooting: St. Vincent's Gunman Wounds 3 Before Being Killed By Police

12/16/12 05:01 AM ET EST AP

Alabama Crime, Alabama Hospital Shooting, Birmingham Hospital Shooting, Hospital Shooting Alabama, St Vincent's Hospital Shooting, St Vincent's Shooting, Crime News
Alabama Hospital Shooting
Birmingham police arrive at the scene of a shooting at St. Vincent's Hospital on Saturday, Dec. 15, 2012 in Birmingham, Ala.

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. — Police in Alabama say a SWAT team shot dead a man wielding an assault rifle following a chase touched off by a triple killing, hours after a separate weekend shooting at a hospital in the state.

Saturday's shootings continued a violent several days in Alabama.

East of Birmingham, police said the man armed with an AK-47 assault rifle was shot at the end of a pursuit following a triple killing in Cleburne County, near the Georgia state line, authorities said. Residents of a mobile home park reported hearing gunshots Saturday morning and alerted police, touching off the chase, Cleburne Sheriff's office Investigator Michael Gore told The Anniston Star.

Investigator Dennis Green of the Cleburne County Sheriff's Office told the newspaper that the three gunshot victims in the triple killing were males but authorities did not immediately identify them further. Green also said a child under the age of 2 also was hurt and had been taken to a hospital in Georgia.

Authorities said officers pursued the suspect into the Alabama community of Oxford, where the man crashed a car near a busy interchange. Authorities said the suspect fired at police with the AK-47, wounding one police officer, who was reported in critical condition.

The suspect "exited the vehicle and started shooting at the officers," Oxford police Chief Bill Partridge said. "The officers returned fire."

Authorities said the suspect then carjacked a vehicle at the intersection, though the occupants were able to escape. Police said they caught up with the suspect nearby as he crashed the car into another vehicle while being pursued by authorities.

Partridge said the suspect reached for the assault rifle as he exited the car. Two members of an Oxford police SWAT team fatally shot him about 12:40 p.m. Saturday, authorities said. Late Saturday, Oxford police identified the deceased suspect as 33-year-old Romero Roberto Moya of Heflin.

Hours earlier on Saturday, Jason Letts, 38, of Jemison opened fire before dawn at a hospital in Birmingham, wounding a police officer and two employees before being shot and killed by another officer, according to authorities.

Police were sent to St. Vincent's Hospital around 4 a.m. to respond to a report of an armed man inside. Two officers who arrived separately converged on the suspect on the hospital's fifth floor.

"When the officer encountered the suspect, there was immediate gunfire from the suspect," Birmingham Police Sgt. Johnny Williams said. He said detectives were still trying to establish a motive.

A handful of cardiac patients and several staff members were on the fifth floor, hospital spokeswoman Liz Moore told reporters at a news conference later Saturday. She said patient care was not interrupted despite the events.

Alabama has been dealing with a rash of shootings of late.

In the Alabama community of Homewood, police continue to investigate Friday's slayings of a 30-year-old woman and her two sons, ages 4 and 5, at the family's apartment. Authorities said they received a call from a man returning to the apartment from work Friday who said he'd found his family dead. Police said the man was being held in "protective custody."

notorious 12-16-2012 09:28 AM

JFC.

R8RFAN 12-16-2012 09:30 AM

I think video games causes alot of this.

Dayze 12-16-2012 09:37 AM

get youR CCWs ASAP

R8RFAN 12-16-2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9212159)
get youR CCWs ASAP

They can always find some reason to void the one we already have, especially in the Liberal states that hate the fact people carry anyway.

notorious 12-16-2012 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9212159)
get youR CCWs ASAP

They aren't going to touch that one.

CCL holders are about as squeaky clean as they come.

R8RFAN 12-16-2012 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9212176)
They aren't going to touch that one.

CCL holders are about as squeaky clean as they come.

They love to report when one shoots himself in a leg though :thumb:

notorious 12-16-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9212178)
They love to report when one shoots himself in a leg though :thumb:

Don't get me started. I am one of the few CCL holders that believes that the class should be a lot more rigerous. There were some ****ing morons in the class I took. One guy couldn't hit the target during testing that was 5 feet away. :facepalm:

R8RFAN 12-16-2012 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9212185)
Don't get me started. I am one of the few CCL holders that believes that the class should be a lot more rigerous. There were some ****ing morons in the class I took. One guy couldn't hit the target during testing that was 5 feet away. :facepalm:

I wouldn't mind that either... Maybe a refresher course for 4 hours per year or you lose it too.

I have no problem with safety.