ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Washington DC and The Holy Land (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   General Politics Netflix Is Shutting Down User Reviews This Summer (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=316188)

Scooter LaCanforno 07-12-2018 04:36 AM

Netflix Is Shutting Down User Reviews This Summer

Netflix no longer wants to share your opinions about TV shows or movies with the rest of the world. I guess they don't want people giving Negative ratings their new Leftist Political Programming. (Obama)

LOCOChief 07-12-2018 05:16 AM

All I know is I need my better call Saul, Ozark and The Ranch.

lostcause 07-12-2018 05:17 AM

A private entity that is one of the biggest stocks in the US makes a move and you blame Leftists and Obama. Maybe they are to blame - if so, show your work. Otherwise, this is just hilarious right wing conspiracy theory craziness.

Hammock Parties 07-12-2018 05:20 AM

yay more leftist censorship

we don't want to hurt feelings!

loochy 07-12-2018 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lostcause (Post 13624900)
A private entity that is one of the biggest stocks in the US makes a move and you blame Leftists and Obama. Maybe they are to blame - if so, show your work. Otherwise, this is just hilarious right wing conspiracy theory craziness.

You damn well know that's exactly why.

It' just like how ESPN removed their comments section.
Posted via Mobile Device

ChiTown 07-12-2018 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 13624989)

Posted via Mobile Device

https://media3.giphy.com/media/RrVzUOXldFe8M/giphy.gif

BucEyedPea 07-12-2018 08:16 AM

I think we had a thread on this, but it was on Netflix switching from something like 5 stars to an up or down thumb vote.

I just finished Season 2 of Anne of Green Gables. It was very good but a bit darker than the original. I have to say, though, that it had me groaning with all the political correctness inserted throughout much of it, as if it was written in the year 2018 and not 1900. It just didn't fit that time. But they had to have their quota of gay issues, animal rights, multiculturalism, bullying, feminism and showing conservative people as bigots. Mostly it came across preachy as if they were tried to subtly sway you to the left's side on social issues.

It really made me wonder how much of this will now be coming in their original features with the Obamas now on board to promote their message to change America. First time I have considered canceling. Just want to see the remainder of a few programs. If I can manage to complete those, I will cancel. Maybe, I'll start reading more fiction.

BigCatDaddy 07-12-2018 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 13624989)

Posted via Mobile Device

I noticed that just disappeared recently

Trolly McTrollson 07-12-2018 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lostcause (Post 13624900)

What about my sacred 1st Amendment right to give a 2-Star rating to Altered Carbon?

BucEyedPea 07-12-2018 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trolly McTrollson (Post 13625006)
What about my sacred 1st Amendment right to give a 2-Star rating to Altered Carbon?

Strawman. No one is recommending the govt shut down their speech. But you seem to be fine with others shutting down their speech that provides a company feedback on their product. You'd think they'd want that to fine tune what they create. It smacks of the same thing Google, You Tube, Twitter and FB are doing. You're fine on being part of a control ideology.

I work around the new filter they put in over the past year by googling for reviews of some of their programming. You get more than just thumbs up/down or stars that way.

Trolly McTrollson 07-12-2018 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 13625010)
Strawman. No one is recommending the govt shut down their speech. But you seem to be fine with others shutting down their speech that provides a company feedback on their product..

Iím fine with a company managing its internal customer feedback any way it likes. Turn off Netflix and watch NRAtv if you donít like it.

Eleazar 07-12-2018 08:32 AM

I'm surprised at the way Netflix is marching into politics. Cutting your market in half is not going to be good for any business, but when you have a lack of other perspectives being listened to in the management structure, bad decisions are made by activists who think a corporation should be an activist too. (So much for that no-corporate-personhood perspective I suppose)

Does a company ever move down this path, of pushing social/political agendas on their customers, and end up better for it?

ottawa_chiefs_fan 07-12-2018 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 13625003)
I think we had a thread on this, but it was on Netflix switching from something like 5 stars to an up or down thumb vote.

I just finished Season 2 of Anne of Green Gables. It was very good but a bit darker than the original. I have to say, though, that it had me groaning with all the political correctness inserted throughout much of it, as if it was written in the year 2018 and not 1900. It just didn't fit that time. But they had to have their quota of gay issues, animal rights, multiculturalism, bullying, feminism and showing conservative people as bigots. Mostly it came across preachy as if they were tried to subtly sway you to the left's side on social issues.

It really made me wonder how much of this will now be coming in their original features with the Obamas now on board to promote their message to change America. First time I have considered canceling. Just want to see the remainder of a few programs. If I can manage to complete those, I will cancel. Maybe, I'll start reading more fiction.

It IS set in Canada - PEI to be exact - so there's that....

Munson 07-12-2018 08:36 AM

Quote:

They changed to a thumbs up/down after Amy Schumer's comedy special bombed with a ton of 1 star reviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shaid 07-12-2018 08:39 AM

Quote:

You already get that from your news sources.

http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/...fgc1qec8t4.gif