ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News ESPN HIRES TEBOW (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280090)

R8RFAN 12-30-2013 05:08 PM

ESPN HIRES TEBOW

ESPN HIRES TEBOW

Former Florida quarterback and Heisman winner, Tim Tebow, has been hired as a college football analyst for the SEC Network launching in August 2014. Through a multi-year agreement, Tebow’s primary role will be as an analyst for SEC Nation, the network’s traveling pregame show that will originate from a different SEC campus each week beginning August 28, 2014. In the months leading up to launch and after, he will contribute to a variety of ESPN platforms including SportsCenter, ESPN Radio, and the network’s Heisman Trophy coverage, offering in-depth perspective as a legendary Southeastern Conference player.

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-re...l-espn-duties/

Hammock Parties 12-30-2013 05:10 PM

so this is how liberty dies

threebag 12-30-2013 05:12 PM

Send money now.��

Simplicity 12-30-2013 05:13 PM

I feel like I should come up with a witty comment for this but... I can't.

mcaj22 12-30-2013 05:13 PM

"see what I did Lee Corso, was I was told to watch tape of Alex Smith and Urban Myer at Utah"

Trevo_410 12-30-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3rd&48ers (Post 10322486)
ESPN HIRES TEBOW

Former Florida quarterback and Heisman winner, Tim Tebow, has been hired as a college football analyst for the SEC Network launching in August 2014. Through a multi-year agreement, Tebow’s primary role will be as an analyst for SEC Nation, the network’s traveling pregame show that will originate from a different SEC campus each week beginning August 28, 2014. In the months leading up to launch and after, he will contribute to a variety of ESPN platforms including SportsCenter, ESPN Radio, and the network’s Heisman Trophy coverage, offering in-depth perspective as a legendary Southeastern Conference player.

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-re...l-espn-duties/

HALLELUJAH, TEBOW WILL ANNOUNCE MIZZOU GAMES11

Trevo_410 12-30-2013 05:23 PM

can't wait for this whol sec network thing btw... we gonna be making bank ANDDD get to watch sec 247...

TribalElder 12-30-2013 05:24 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5lvU-DislkI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Red Dawg 12-30-2013 05:31 PM

who cares

Pepe Silvia 12-30-2013 05:33 PM

http://www.isawthelightministries.com/tebowhair.jpg

Mother****erJones 12-30-2013 05:48 PM

Oakland 56ers

Simply Red 12-30-2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 10322541)
who cares

why are you so sour against a solid person?

Simply Red 12-30-2013 05:50 PM

I'm glad he's doing this - you go Tim!

Easy 6 12-30-2013 05:57 PM

I used to really like Tebow as a man, but if he loved football so much he would've been willing to try another position to play it... i'm still convinced he was athletic and big enough to make an excellent h-back/tight end.

But wanna be arrogant and stubborn about it, still convinced you're an NFL caliber QB, turning up your nose at other legit offers left and right? Then fine, take your dumb ass to the booth.

Deberg_1990 12-30-2013 06:23 PM

I feel like the terrorists have won.
Posted via Mobile Device

HonestChieffan 12-30-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 10322581)
I'm glad he's doing this - you go Tim!

True

GloryDayz 12-30-2013 06:27 PM

You go boy....

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo...n7mjo1_500.gif

hometeam 12-30-2013 06:33 PM

So it was written, and now, it has come to pass.

CoMoChief 12-30-2013 06:56 PM

i bet he still thinks he can play QB in the NFL

listopencil 12-30-2013 06:58 PM

I don't watch ESPN, and now I can not watch Tim Tebow while not watching ESPN. So...nothing changes for me.

cosmo20002 12-30-2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3rd&48ers (Post 10322486)
ESPN HIRES TEBOW

This could be a problem if whoever he is playing for next year doesn't give him time off for his ESPN show.

RealSNR 12-30-2013 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10322592)
I used to really like Tebow as a man, but if he loved football so much he would've been willing to try another position to play it... i'm still convinced he was athletic and big enough to make an excellent h-back/tight end.

But wanna be arrogant and stubborn about it, still convinced you're an NFL caliber QB, turning up your nose at other legit offers left and right? Then fine, take your dumb ass to the booth.

I feel the exact same way.

Seems like he really didn't love football all that much.

Lex Luthor 12-30-2013 07:32 PM

A lot of guys who suck on the field wind up doing just fine in the studio (Herm, Trent Dilfer, Merrill Hoge), and lot of guys who were superstars on the field suck in the studio (Joe Montana, Michael Irvin).

Hell, Scott Pioli actually sounds good enough in the NBC studio that some idiotic NFL owner will undoubtedly give him another shot.

I suspect Tebow will be fine at ESPN, as long as he doesn't go all Duck Dynasty on us.

lewdog 12-30-2013 07:34 PM

Another reason to not watch ESPN.

TLO 12-30-2013 07:37 PM

I feel like Chris666 would approve of this.

Easy 6 12-30-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10322733)
I feel the exact same way.

Seems like he really didn't love football all that much.

If he really did, he would've worked MUCH harder on his delivery when the pats gave him a shot and beyond that, no way he turns down other legit offers to try another position, how many other hundreds of guys have done the same thing.

If he'd had a realistic sense of himself in the first place, he would've told McDaniels "turn me into one of these badass tight ends, coach".

Gronk and Hernandez go down? He'd be right there for the glorious win.

bigjosh 12-30-2013 07:41 PM

i think it is a good fit for him. like him or not he is probably going to be a better personality on espn college football than any of those other asshats they have there. Good for tebow.

Dave Lane 12-30-2013 07:52 PM

This is the kinda guy who wouldnt appreciate the yoga pants appreciation thread. Hence he is dead to me and not even an American.

http://i.imgur.com/aflA490.jpg

cosmo20002 12-30-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10322592)

Has that ever worked out for anyone? I'm not a Tebow fan, but people always think some guys (usually QBs) can just magically go and play a different position. I don't think it is that easy.

Ragged Robin 12-30-2013 08:01 PM

I feel bad for him. He deserves a shot somewhere, even if it's at a backup role.

Easy 6 12-30-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 10322778)
Has that ever worked out for anyone? I'm not a Tebow fan, but people always think some guys (usually QBs) can just magically go and play a different position. I don't think it is that easy.

Lets start in house with Marcus Cooper, hadn't played a down of CB as a pro, yet came in showed more than enough promise... college corners move to safety all of the time, college DE's move to LB (Hali for just one example) all of the time, Tannehill went from WR to starting NFL QB in 2 years.

Tebow was athletic enough, smart enough and young enough to easily learn the skills to be a killer tight end, guys who've played QB have a leg up on understanding what a receiver needs to do.

The list is massive, Cosmo... don't make me go into some 2 hour search to prove it, just take an honest mans word for once... he could've made it happen if he wanted to.

TribalElder 12-30-2013 08:04 PM

He will still have more playoff wins in Denver than manning ever will ROFL

cosmo20002 12-30-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10322806)
Lets start in house with Marcus Cooper, hadn't played a down of CB as a pro, yet came in showed more than enough promise... college corners move to safety all of the time, college DE's move to LB (Hali for just one example) all of the time, Tannehill went from WR to starting NFL QB in 2 years.

Tebow was athletic enough, smart enough and young enough to easily learn the skills to be a killer tight end, guys who've played QB have a leg up on understanding what a receiver needs to do.

The list is massive, Cosmo... don't make me go into some 2 hour search to prove it, just take an honest mans word for once... he could've made it happen if he wanted to.

I didn't expect you to consider moving from CB to S the same as moving from QB to another position. I'm sure guys have moved positions within the offensive and defensive lines as well.

Tannehill played QB in college and was drafted to be a QB. He didn't make the switch at the NFL level.

And I wasn't questioning your honesty. I really don't know what that has to do with your opinion that he could suddenly be a good TE if he wanted.

whoman69 12-30-2013 08:13 PM

Skip Bayless is going to go on a 48 hour fapping binge this weekend.

Easy 6 12-30-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 10322824)
I didn't expect you to consider moving from CB to S the same as moving from QB to another position. I'm sure guys have moved positions within the offensive and defensive lines as well.

Tannehill played QB in college and was drafted to be a QB. He didn't make the switch at the NFL level.

We're talking about a very smart, young player who went 6'3 235-240 and had every talking head tongue wagging about his athleticism... he was a natural athlete.

If he'd wanted to be a highly versatile fullback/h-back/tight end hybrid, he could've done it with a coach who believed in him like McDouche, period.

I'm ending this discussion here, if you want to argue go to DC.

Gravedigger 12-30-2013 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 10322488)
so this is how liberty dies

With thunderous applause!:clap:

Hammock Parties 12-30-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 10322854)
With thunderous applause!:clap:

Tebow has no real insight into football. His football acumen is limited to "Give 110 percent and believe in Jesus!"

**** this guy.

Gravedigger 12-30-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 10322857)
Tebow has no real insight into football. His football acumen is limited to "Give 110 percent and believe in Jesus!"

**** this guy.

I was just finishing the quote, I don't watch College Football unless it has to do with KState. The only time I'll see Tebow is on Sportscenter for the occasional 3 minutes segment where he adds his psalms into the mix.

MahiMike 12-30-2013 08:28 PM

Good for him. Perfect marriage.

cosmo20002 12-30-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10322840)
We're talking about a very smart, young player who went 6'3 235-240 and had every talking head tongue wagging about his athleticism... he was a natural athlete.

If he'd wanted to be a highly versatile fullback/h-back/tight end hybrid, he could've done it with a coach who believed in him like McDouche, period.

I'm ending this discussion here, if you want to argue go to DC.

Ok, sure. He's so dreamy that there's no question he could be an NFL TE.

Forgot about the 'no arguing in the Lounge' rule.

cosmo20002 12-30-2013 08:43 PM

Bring him in for a look at kicker? He's natural athlete!

Cannibal 12-30-2013 08:46 PM

Maybe they'll let him interview Aaron Rodgers post game.

Lex Luthor 12-30-2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 10322778)

Nolan Cromwell was an All-American quarterback at KU and an All-Pro safety for the Los Angeles Rams. He was a very athletic quarterback with limited passing ability, as KU ran the Wishbone offense. He wasn't considered a pro prospect at quarterback, so he converted to free safety prior to the draft. He did play safety at KU as a sophomore, so it's not exactly the same situation. But he was exclusively a quarterback for his junior and senior seasons. It can be done.

I believe Tebow would have at least made an attempt to play another position if he really wanted to play football. He could have been a real difference maker at tight end for the Patriots this year.

Easy 6 12-30-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 10322892)
Ok, sure. He's so dreamy that there's no question he could be an NFL TE.

Forgot about the 'no arguing in the Lounge' rule.

LMAO yeah dreamy's what i said, no, just being realistic about his athletic ability and malleable youth.

I'll never be able to actually prove you aren't wrong as all hell since he decided to puss out and head for the broadcasting money, but you're just one of those guys who LIVES to argue something and we can do this ALL DAY.

You'll probably get me two outta three times in DC, but not in this arena, broham... good day to you, sir/mic drop

Cannibal 12-30-2013 08:52 PM

Tebow sucks at QB, but he is a great athlete. It is not out of the realm of possibility that he could switch to another position.

cosmo20002 12-30-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 10322907)
Nolan Cromwell was an All-American quarterback at KU and an All-Pro safety for the Los Angeles Rams. He was a very athletic quarterback with limited passing ability, as KU ran the Wishbone offense. He wasn't considered a pro prospect at quarterback, so he converted to free safety prior to the draft. He did play safety at KU as a sophomore, so it's not exactly the same situation. But he was exclusively a quarterback for his junior and senior seasons. It can be done.

I believe Tebow would have at least made an attempt to play another position if he really wanted to play football. He could have been a real difference maker at tight end for the Patriots this year.

That's a reasonable example I guess, although as far as I know, Tebow doesn't have college-level experience at another position.

I'm not saying it CAN'T be done, just that's it's nowhere as easy as some people make it sound. Big/strong/fast guys wash out of and never make it to the NFL every year. It can't be that easy to just go play a completely different position at the NFL level.

InChiefsHeaven 12-30-2013 09:03 PM

Scott Frost left Nebraska as a QB and went to the NFL and played safety. 6 year career and he was pretty good at it. Eric Crouch was a great athlete who refused to believe that he was not an NFL QB...and now he is an analyst for the Big 10 Network. I think Crouch would have been a good reciever (that's what St. Louis did with him when then drafted him) or maybe a safety. He was a wicked good athlete, but apparently just wanted to be a QB. If you remember, the CHiefs picked him up and sent him to NFL Europe...as a safety. By then he was done anyway.

Good for Timmy. If you can't play the position you want to play, then be a man and step away I guess. He's a good guy and I'm sure he'll do well on ESPN.

Cannibal 12-30-2013 09:07 PM

Julian Edleman

Cannibal 12-30-2013 09:07 PM

There are other examples as well.

cosmo20002 12-30-2013 09:08 PM

Colleges turn out big, fast, strong, smart, athletic QBs every year. Few go on to have NFL careers. You would think some of these guys would take up TE as a hobby with it being so easy to have a career as an NFL TE with no prior experience.

Easy 6 12-30-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 10322965)
Colleges turn out big, fast, strong, smart, athletic QBs every year. Few go on to have NFL careers. You would think some of these guys would take up TE as a hobby with it being so easy to have a career as an NFL TE with no prior experience.

No one is right every single time, continuing to dig in after having been given multiple lessons really isn't a good look, Tim... its seriously ok to be wrong once in a while.

Not saying you're stupid, but you don't know it all either... other people know a few things, too.

Cannibal 12-30-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10322977)
No one is right every single time, continuing to dig in after having been given multiple lessons really isn't a good look... its seriously ok to be wrong once in a while.

Not saying you're stupid, but you don't know it all either... other people know a few things, too.

I like Cosmo (one of my favorite posters), but he's in the wrong on this one.

cosmo20002 12-30-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 10322950)
Scott Frost left Nebraska as a QB and went to the NFL and played safety. 6 year career and he was pretty good at it. Eric Crouch was a great athlete who refused to believe that he was not an NFL QB...and now he is an analyst for the Big 10 Network. I think Crouch would have been a good reciever (that's what St. Louis did with him when then drafted him) or maybe a safety. He was a wicked good athlete, but apparently just wanted to be a QB. If you remember, the CHiefs picked him up and sent him to NFL Europe...as a safety. By then he was done anyway.

Good for Timmy. If you can't play the position you want to play, then be a man and step away I guess. He's a good guy and I'm sure he'll do well on ESPN.

I'm from NE and I'm very familiar with those guys. I did think of Frost a little while ago, that's a decent one to mention, although I don't think he really played much and was mostly special teams.
Crouch is who I had in mind with all this Tebow talk. Great athlete, but I remember thinking, "Why is anyone so sure he can catch passes at the NFL level?"

Again, I'm not saying it can't be done, but there's just so little precedent for success with re-trained QBs that it should never be assumed it's any more than a very extreme longshot.

InChiefsHeaven 12-30-2013 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 10322988)
I'm from NE and I'm very familiar with those guys. I did think of Frost a little while ago, that's a decent one to mention, although I don't think he really played much and was mostly special teams.
Crouch is who I had in mind with all this Tebow talk. Great athlete, but I remember thinking, "Why is anyone so sure he can catch passes at the NFL level?"

Again, I'm not saying it can't be done, but there's just so little precedent for success with re-trained QBs that it should never be assumed it's any more than a very extreme longshot.

I think what it boils down to is both Crouch and Tebow were very gifted athletes, and it's hard to believe the NFL couldn't have found a way to utilize that athleticism. Timmy is a big strong tough SOB, seems hard to believe he couldn't have been re-purposed as a full back or some damn thing. I dunno.

And Frost from all I remember had a pretty successful career as a NFL safety.

cosmo20002 12-30-2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 10322960)
Julian Edleman

I'll accept that.

Hoover 12-30-2013 10:46 PM

I bet he's actually going to be good at this.

SeeingRed 12-30-2013 11:00 PM

Wouldve liked to have seen him get a chance to fail by the Jets...I felt Tebow earned the right to be given that chance. But good for him being a college analyst. If he wasn't the greatest college player ever he was certainly one of them! Good dude too. I have nothing but respect for Tim Tebow.

Strongside 12-30-2013 11:01 PM

And so we've come to this.

tecumseh 12-30-2013 11:18 PM

Tebow and Boomer.

tecumseh 12-30-2013 11:19 PM

Could go all the way.

TomBarndtsTwin 12-30-2013 11:28 PM

Maybe PM should give him a call to get some pointers on how to win a playoff game in Denver?

Can't hurt.

Easy 6 12-30-2013 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin (Post 10323323)
Maybe PM should give him a call to get some pointers on how to win a playoff game in Denver?

Can't hurt.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/7N4vhRiJwFg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Bunk 12-30-2013 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 10322518)
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5lvU-DislkI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

How have I not seen this before? Most epic youtube video ever!

TribalElder 12-30-2013 11:44 PM

If josh mcD goes to Cleveland Tebow comeback is possible ROFL

listopencil 12-30-2013 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 10322907)

Yeah, sure seems like it.

Top 10 College QBs Who Switched Positions
http://www.realclearsports.com/lists...tch/intro.html

cosmo20002 12-31-2013 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10323365)
Yeah, sure seems like it.

Top 10 College QBs Who Switched Positions
http://www.realclearsports.com/lists...tch/intro.html

Nice find. But I think it really supports my point. Those are supposedly the "Top 10", but most of those 10 didn't even really play a position--they stayed in the league returning kicks. Of those 10 the only two that really had a career as something other than a barely used-journeyman benchwarmer or KR are Edelman and Freddie Solomon.

R8RFAN 12-31-2013 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 10322809)
He will still have more playoff wins in Denver than manning ever will ROFL

Was Tebow even born the last time the Chiefs won a playoff game? o:-)

Cmd'r&Chief 12-31-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 10322736)
A lot of guys who suck on the field wind up doing just fine in the studio (Herm, Trent Dilfer, Merrill Hoge), and lot of guys who were superstars on the field suck in the studio (Joe Montana, Michael Irvin).

Hell, Scott Pioli actually sounds good enough in the NBC studio that some idiotic NFL owner will undoubtedly give him another shot.

I suspect Tebow will be fine at ESPN, as long as he doesn't go all Duck Dynasty on us.

You think Pioli sounds good? He sounds like a ****ing reerun faking his way through commentary. I hear him speak and I wonder how the hell he was able to talk his way into a GM position.

TribalElder 12-31-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3rd&48ers (Post 10323607)
Was Tebow even born the last time the Chiefs won a playoff game? o:-)

Tebow - August 14, 1987

Chiefs - January 16, 1993

Barely ROFL

htismaqe 12-31-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 10322736)

Some people will probably cringe at the mere thought, but Todd Blackledge is excellent covering college football.

BlackHelicopters 12-31-2013 12:19 PM

Thanks bin Laden.