ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The case for Nick Foles (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270213)

HolyHat 02-20-2013 12:48 PM

If Foles stays in Philly, He takes Vicks job. IMO

DJ's left nut 02-20-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pink (Post 9419083)
Sure, I'd love that. I just don't see the Eagles handing it to us that easy. They will want an extra pick. Whether it be this year or next.

Man...sucks to be them.

I guess we'll have to make due with Geno Smith and after the Jags take Joeckel, they can go draft Eric Fisher. And that's if the Raiders don't grab him (or trade down). What the hell are the Eagles going to do then? Werner and Lotulelei don't really have homes in that D.

I'm not going to bend to the will of the Philadelphia Eagles for Nick !@#$ing Foles. We have plenty of leverage in this scenario if they're really wanting to move up.

O.city 02-20-2013 12:53 PM

I don't think the Jags take Joeckel, but point made.

B14ckmon 02-20-2013 12:54 PM

Foles will be better than Geno. And 0 chance the Jags take Joeckel.

O.city 02-20-2013 12:55 PM

No, they won't take Joeckel. They need a guy to fit in their 34, 43 LEO defense right?

B14ckmon 02-20-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9419119)
No, they won't take Joeckel. They need a guy to fit in their 34, 43 LEO defense right?

It could go two ways. Either they think Andre Branch will have a much improved sophomore year and can play LEO with Babin, and go for a guy like Lotulelei. Or they draft a guy to be a LEO/OLB like Jordan/Mingo/Ansah.

Our LT is 3 years younger than Albert and still under contract. Even less of a chance of us taking Joeckel than the Chiefs.

HolyHat 02-20-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9419116)
Foles will be better than Geno. And 0 chance the Jags take Joeckel.

AIDS, get them.

DJ's left nut 02-20-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9419109)
I don't think the Jags take Joeckel, but point made.

If they don't then I definitely expect someone to trade up into the Raiders spot to grab him.

I'll admit not knowing about the Jags O-Line, but I thought they had a massive hole at LT after that Barnes went to Oakland.

Ah, nevermind - I forgot they had Eugene Monroe. Yeah, they probably won't go Joeckel. I still don't care about the Eagles asking price. I'll bargain on my terms or not at all for a 4th round pick that has 6 starts under his belt and looked largely mediocre.

B14ckmon 02-20-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9419127)
If they don't then I definitely expect someone to trade up into the Raiders spot to grab him.

I'll admit not knowing about the Jags O-Line, but I thought they had a massive hole at LT after that Barnes went to Oakland.

Ah, nevermind - I forgot they had Eugene Monroe. Yeah, they probably won't go Joeckel. I still don't care about the Eagles asking price. I'll bargain on my terms or not at all for a 4th round pick that has 6 starts under his belt and looked largely mediocre.

...And with the 8th pick in the 2009 draft, the Jaguars select, Eugene Monroe, University of Virginia.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pink (Post 9419124)
AIDS, get them.

I mean if they both start next year. Not necessarily for their careers. Foles is more ready to start.

htismaqe 02-20-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pink (Post 9419100)
If Foles stays in Philly, He takes Vicks job. IMO

It isn't Vick's job, according to Chip Kelly.

It's an "open competition".

And to that extent, I agree with you - I don't see Foles losing that competition. Vick is broken.

Frosty 02-20-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9419090)
I wouldn't even swap firsts. That's too much. Maybe swap firsts and take one of their mid-round picks.

I've mentioned this before but going by the draft chart, moving from #4 to #1 is worth 1200 points, the same value as the #11 pick in the 1st round. No way is Foles worth a mid 1st round pick, so a simple swap is out of the question.

The Eagles' 2nd round pick is 540 points, so swapping 1sts and taking the Eagles' 2nd would give Foles the value of a late 1st, early 2nd. Still too high, imo, but more do-able.

If they wanted Foles, I would maybe do something like swap 1sts, take their 2nd and 4th this year and give them back a conditional 3rd next year.

Max.

of course, this is all dependent on the Eagles totally falling in love with someone at the top of the draft AND being willing to deal Foles.

The easiest thing is to just draft Geno at #1 (though that extra 2nd would be nice).

O.city 02-20-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9419123)
It could go two ways. Either they think Andre Branch will have a much improved sophomore year and can play LEO with Babin, and go for a guy like Lotulelei. Or they draft a guy to be a LEO/OLB like Jordan/Mingo/Ansah.

Our LT is 3 years younger than Albert and still under contract. Even less of a chance of us taking Joeckel than the Chiefs.

If it were me, I'd much rather go with Jordan/Mingo/ or Ansah. I don't think Star is what he's built to be.

Still not sure why you refer to your defense like that. But, to each his own I guess.

O.city 02-20-2013 01:05 PM

And IIRC, Frank said he had heard that all the Foles talk was pretty overblown.

B14ckmon 02-20-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9419142)
If it were me, I'd much rather go with Jordan/Mingo/ or Ansah. I don't think Star is what he's built to be.

Still not sure why you refer to your defense like that. But, to each his own I guess.

Refer to our defense like what? And I personally think they will try to trade down and get Ansah. I am convinced he will dominate at the combine.

htismaqe 02-20-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9419148)
And IIRC, Frank said he had heard that all the Foles talk was pretty overblown.

Yep. Pretty much nothing on Foles coming from his sources. Which means it's largely media generated unless the Chiefs are completely locked down.