ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Mike and Mike (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=176818)

Anyong Bluth 12-17-2007 08:55 AM

Mike and Mike

Golic just said he thinks that Dorsey and Long will go 1 & 2 in the draft.

We have the most pitiful season in ages and still on the outside looking in. I know there is other talent, but after dealing with this season, it'd be nice to at least have the top player at the position we're going after available.

kepp 12-17-2007 08:58 AM

1 and 2 overall? I've been hearing that McFadden is the likely #1.

The Bad Guy 12-17-2007 08:58 AM

There is absolutely no way to predict such a thing in December when the combine hasn't even taken place yet.

Extra Point 12-17-2007 08:59 AM

Good for them. I don't know if I'd want Dorsey and his bum knee. Like last year, I thought/think we should take a CB in the first round. So long as we wind up with good help at O-line and in the defensive backfield, it's help where it's needed.

Rausch 12-17-2007 09:09 AM

The only thing we know is that the top 5 picks will be the highest paid rookies in the NFL.

I'd love to trade down this year and try to pick up as much talent as possible. Pick up at least one first day lineman. We still have no depth at DT or WR. We have a ghost at MLB. Law and Surtain are old with little behind them.

DaKCMan AP 12-17-2007 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp
1 and 2 overall? I've been hearing that McFadden is the likely #1.

Unless the pick is traded, I don't see Miami drafting another top-2 pick RB.

Pushead2 12-17-2007 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP
Unless the pick is traded, I don't see Miami drafting another top-2 pick RB.

agreed. I wouldn't mind either of the Long's.

jidar 12-17-2007 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch
The only thing we know is that the top 5 picks will be the highest paid rookies in the NFL.

I'd love to trade down this year and try to pick up as much talent as possible. Pick up at least one first day lineman. We still have no depth at DT or WR. We have a ghost at MLB. Law and Surtain are old with little behind them.

We've got an O-line that is a sieve and you want to work on the D-line.. where we are 4th in sacks.

DaKCMan AP 12-17-2007 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jidar
We've got an O-line that is a sieve and you want to work on the D-line.. where we are 4th in sacks.

We're 26th in run defense.

DaFace 12-17-2007 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch

I suck at this whole drafting strategy thing, so I can't say much about individual positions, but I definitely agree with the trading down thing. We've got so many holes on this team it seems like it's going to be vital to picking up some potential talent next year. We're gonna need all the draft picks we can get.

jidar 12-17-2007 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP
We're 26th in run defense.

Yeah the run D kind of fell apart the last few weeks but if you look at the season as a whole the one consistent area that's been a problem since preseason is the o-line.

jidar 12-17-2007 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace
I suck at this whole drafting strategy thing, so I can't say much about individual positions, but I definitely agree with the trading down thing. We've got so many holes on this team it seems like it's going to be vital to picking up some potential talent next year. We're gonna need all the draft picks we can get.

I agree, but it seems like it gets harder to trade down every year.

smittysbar 12-17-2007 09:48 AM

**** trading down, if there is an elite player on the board you take him. We already have a lot of picks this year. Get a Stud when you can.

eazyb81 12-17-2007 09:56 AM

Guys, you don't have only 4 wins at this point in the season unless you have MULTIPLE holes on your team.

Yes, our Oline sucks, but we could use an elite CB, MLB, and DT also. I want a stud and I don't care what position he plays as long as he's an upgrade over what we have there right now.

smittysbar 12-17-2007 09:59 AM

I agree. A game changing type player