ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   2006 NFL Draft (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=131622)

jspchief 12-18-2005 04:35 PM

2006 NFL Draft

Yea, I know... the season isn't over yet. It's still never too early to start thinking about the draft.

I'm having a hard time determining what is our biggest position of need. We need to address the age at many positions, but we need to address weakness at many positions too.

So what positions would you like to see the first two picks used on?

Demonpenz 12-18-2005 04:36 PM

i would probably draft a game changing saftey

NJ Chief Fan 12-18-2005 04:38 PM

de,dt,wr,fs,olb

jspchief 12-18-2005 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz
i would probably draft a game changing saftey

IMO, there are a certain few positions where a rookie can come in and make an immediate impact. Safety is one of them. DE, and RB are the other two.

If we're looking to cling to our existing team, for one last gasp, I'd consider a pass rushing DE in rnd 1, with a safety in rnd 2.

If we've had a coaching house cleaning, and are building the foundation for the next generation Chiefs, I'd say OT and QB.

jspchief 12-18-2005 04:46 PM

Another thing that has to be considered is what's available.
This is a crappy draft for WRs. Besides that, rookie WRs rarely have a quick impact.

This a a great draft for LBs (doh!) and a good draft for O-linemen and QBs. The great D-linemen will be gone early, but we might have a shot at the second tier in rnd 2.

Deberg_1990 12-18-2005 04:51 PM

Best player available at position of need. What we truly need though is a game-changing defensive lineman who can get about 12-15 sacks a year.

jspchief 12-18-2005 04:56 PM

I think the guy I've got an eye on is Michael Huff.

He's a speedy SS from Texas that should translate to FS in the pros. He's more of a game breaker than a punisher, but tackles well and can hit. He's not the best safety in the draft, but should be there when we pick in rnd 1, and I don't think it would be reaching.

LiL stumppy 12-18-2005 04:59 PM

OT-Roaf is probably gone after this.If not we will still need to improve at RT.

Safty-Knight has been a solid pick up.Wesley has been playing better.But theres still alot of room for improvment.

Hoover 12-18-2005 05:05 PM

I think we need a DT but I don't want to draft one. Hell we have invested how many top draft picks for the position and we don't have anything to show for it. I would just go Oline or DE.

royr17 12-18-2005 05:20 PM

Roaf : probably stick around for another year
Shields : probably goin to retire

Our first priority is and should be Defensive Line.

Tribal Warfare 12-18-2005 05:29 PM

BAA, and that will be either McNeill, Scott, or maybe Wright if he falls

royr17 12-18-2005 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare
BAA, and that will be either McNeill, Scott, or maybe Wright if he falls

McNeill and Scott are good, but from what i read on Wright his stock is falling.

JBucc 12-18-2005 05:34 PM

I picked DT first, but I really don't care if it's a DT or DE as long as we get a Dlineman first, and then a safey

royr17 12-18-2005 05:37 PM

This is how I rank the team needs:
DT, LT, QB, FS, DE, CB, RG, C

royr17 12-18-2005 05:40 PM

1st Round of the 2006 Draft, Pick # 20, The Kansas City Chiefs Select .....

DT Rodrique Wright from the University of Texas :

At long last the Chiefs finally decided to address their defense last offseason and while improvements were certainly made there is still work to be done, most notably up front. A big problem this season has been the defensive tackles inability to keep blockers off of linebackers Derrick Johnson and Kendrell Bell, which prohibits them from doing what they do best which is fly around and make plays. Early in his career Rodrique Wright looked like a future Top 5 overall pick, but since then his career has been marred by inconsistency and unmet expectations which is why he is still available this late in round one. Make no mistake about it though, Wright has the ability and upside to become a force at what the pros consider a premium position so at this point he is worth a roll of the dice. Kansas City might also be looking to add a premier wide receiver since Eddie Kennison is getting older and they haven't really had a true #1 for some time now. Overall though the defense is still what really needs to be addressed and they could realistically opt for a lineman, linebacker or defensive back without much second-guessing from anyone. Last offseason was a big step in the right direction and one more effort like that could lead to the defense challenging their offensive counterparts for team superiority.