ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Music Bands you wish everyone else knew about. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280780)

Lprechaun 02-23-2014 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 10447351)
I have built in blue tooth in my Mazda 3 and use it for my phone, I just need to figure out how to configure it to play music.

IF you are using your phone you can say "Select Music Player" and pick your phone as that as well. The wife uses her S4 and we play Pandora through it all the time.

KCUnited 02-23-2014 11:55 AM

In the metal world, I'd have to tout Priapus. Too good to be self released. They have Relapse/Willowtip and a world tour written all over them.

cdcox 03-04-2014 02:53 AM

The Mazda is fully Bluetooth enabled. Sound quality is a little compromised, even to my not-so-good ears. But being able to listen to music of my liking is huge.

I'm Alice falling through the rabbit hole. New-to-me bands I'm deep into:

Muse
Black Keyes
Carolyn Wonderland
Doyle bramhall
Arctic Monkeys

On deck:
Shannon Curfman
Swamp Cabbage
Dave Hole

Old bands in my que:

Dylan
Neil Young and CH
Queen

I have another 30 songs in my rotation that I never listened to until this thread.

jonzie04 03-04-2014 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 10397882)
Some bands I wish more people knew:

Toadies
Yeasayer
Grizzly Bear
Beach House
Screaming Trees
Rusted Root
Fred Neil (my God, listen to "The Dolphins." This guy wrote "Everybody's Talkin." I think Bob Dylan played harmonica for him when Dylan was starting out).
First Aid Kit (check out the song, "Emmylou."
Best Coast
Dry Kill Logic
The Dirty Heads
Rebelution
Iration
Slightly Stoopid
Pepper
Joy Division (although I realize, in Europe, they are VERY well known)
Sonic Youth
The Vines
Prong
Mad Season

There are a tone more.

definitely going to have to check some of these bands out. big fan of lanegan and the screaming trees, and he and layne staley in mad season. the song long gone day they did together blows my mind.

htismaqe 03-04-2014 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 10465616)
The Mazda is fully Bluetooth enabled. Sound quality is a little compromised, even to my not-so-good ears. But being able to listen to music of my liking is huge.

I'm Alice falling through the rabbit hole. New-to-me bands I'm deep into:

Muse
Black Keyes
Carolyn Wonderland
Doyle bramhall
Arctic Monkeys

On deck:
Shannon Curfman
Swamp Cabbage
Dave Hole

Old bands in my que:

Dylan
Neil Young and CH
Queen

I have another 30 songs in my rotation that I never listened to until this thread.

I love Muse (although they're getting a little too pop for me) and The Black Keys.

Lprechaun 03-25-2014 08:06 PM

I have a couple more to add to this list for you all.
The Bunny Gang
and in New Orleans I met the first opening act for Flogging Molly, "Beans on Toast" I cant stop listening to the CD he had for sale.
From GB, he really had a good show.

KcMizzou 03-25-2014 08:17 PM

I think AWOLNATION is a band people should dig into a little more.

I mean, everybody knows "Sail", but that's about it.

They have a bunch of great songs. I caught a concert of theirs on Palladia and it was awesome. Made me want to see them live.

shitgoose 03-25-2014 08:23 PM

Older and far from unknown but I've been really into some Captain Beefheart lately. Townes Van Zandt too.

rico 03-25-2014 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonzie04 (Post 10465621)
definitely going to have to check some of these bands out. big fan of lanegan and the screaming trees, and he and layne staley in mad season. the song long gone day they did together blows my mind.

No doubt dude. That song is awesome, man!

I like the band, "Medicine." They sing that song, "Time Baby lll" in the movie, "The Crow."

chiefzilla1501 03-25-2014 11:38 PM

Love rock with a little bit of soul. Here's a few:
The Walkmen
J Roddy Walston and the Business
Bad Books
Dr. Dog
Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes
Tallest Man on Earth (Dylan like sound)

rico 03-26-2014 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10517376)
Love rock with a little bit of soul. Here's a few:
The Walkmen
J Roddy Walston and the Business
Bad Books
Dr. Dog
Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes
Tallest Man on Earth (Dylan like sound)

EDWARD SHARPE AND THE MAGNETIC ZEROES!!!! WOO!!!!

I love that song on their newer album, "They Were Wrong."

patteeu 03-26-2014 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 10517051)
I think AWOLNATION is a band people should dig into a little more.

I mean, everybody knows "Sail", but that's about it.

They have a bunch of great songs. I caught a concert of theirs on Palladia and it was awesome. Made me want to see them live.

That whole first (only?) album is solid, IMO. "Sail" is one of my least favorites on it. I was surprised I liked the rest of it as much as I did.

htismaqe 03-26-2014 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10465680)
I love Muse (although they're getting a little too pop for me) and The Black Keys.

So I was watching Muse on Palladia this weekend and noticed that they're headlining stadiums.

I realized I live in a ****ing bubble - this "nitch" band I've been listening to the last 10 years or so has sold almost 20 million albums worldwide...

rico 03-26-2014 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10517612)
So I was watching Muse on Palladia this weekend and noticed that they're headlining stadiums.

I realized I live in a ****ing bubble - this "nitch" band I've been listening to the last 10 years or so has sold almost 20 million albums worldwide...

LMAO

I saw them in concert as a headliner....at Lollapalooza....like 3-4 years ago. :D

Oz_Chief 03-26-2014 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shitgoose (Post 10517068)
Older and far from unknown but I've been really into some Captain Beefheart lately. Townes Van Zandt too.

I have been exploring Captain Beefheart lately as well. Interesting stuff. I have also been checking out:

Love
Fleetwood Mac (the first 3 albums: so good)
Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds
Gov't Mule

In a totally different genre (exotica) I think everyone needs to own several albums by:

Les Baxter
Martin Denny
Arthur Lyman