ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Michael Oher will Play in the Senior Bowl (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=200098)

Tribal Warfare 01-11-2009 08:50 AM

Michael Oher will Play in the Senior Bowl

Trio of Rebels Bound for Mobile

Mobile, AL. (Jan. 9)---Three members of the Cotton Bowl champion Ole Miss Rebels hope to follow their 47-34 victory over Texas Tech last week with another win later this month in the Under Armour Senior Bowl. Offensive tackle Michael Oher, defensive tackle Peria Jerry and linebacker Ashlee Palmer have all accepted invitations to the January 24th event, bowl officials announced Friday. All three will play for the South squad while in Mobile. Kickoff for the 60th game is set for 6 pm (CT) in Mobile’s Ladd-Peebles Stadium and the game will be televised by the NFL Network.

Oher was a consensus first-team All-American and All-SEC selection this season for the Rebels. He also picked up the Jacobs Blocking Trophy as the SEC’s best blocker and was one of three finalists for the Outland Trophy. The 6-5, 318 pound left tackle helped the Rebels rank second in the SEC in rushing with 186.5 yards per game and fifth in sacks allowed with 1.3 per game in 2008.

Jerry was named a first-team All-American by both the Associated Press and ESPN this season. The Batesville, Miss. native was also a consensus first-team All-SEC selection. Jerry finished the season ranked first in the SEC in tackles for a loss (18), fifth in sacks (7) and fifth in forced fumbles (2). He was part of a defensive unit that ranked fourth in the country in rushing defense, surrendering just 85.5 yards per game.

Palmer finished the season ranked fourth on the team with 50 total tackles, giving him 139 for his career. A two-year starter for the Rebels, Palmer also totaled three quarterback pressures, one interception and one forced fumble in 2008.

suds79 01-11-2009 08:55 AM

That'll be interesting to see.

I wonder what happened to Oher.

Before the season it seems people (and scouts) were talking about this guy as possibly the best OT prospect in a couple of years.

Now it appears that he couldn't even dream of cracking the top 10.

Anybody know what the deal was?

Mr. Laz 01-11-2009 11:17 AM

just goes to show how much Oher's stock has fallen

he wouldn't be playing if he wasn't worried about falling out of round 1

milkman 01-11-2009 11:42 AM

I can say in all honesty, I don't give a rat's ass.

Iowanian 01-11-2009 11:44 AM

Maybe he'll drop to the 2nd round...maybe around the 3rd pick.

eazyb81 01-11-2009 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 5378713)
That'll be interesting to see.

I wonder what happened to Oher.

Before the season it seems people (and scouts) were talking about this guy as possibly the best OT prospect in a couple of years.

Now it appears that he couldn't even dream of cracking the top 10.

Anybody know what the deal was?

I've heard that there are growing concerns about his intelligence. He has a learning disorder and supposedly struggles with identifying intricate blitzes and stunts.

Who knows how much validity there is to that, as all stud LTs aren't Rhodes Scholards.

milkman 01-11-2009 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 5379054)
I've heard that there are growing concerns about his intelligence. He has a learning disorder and supposedly struggles with identifying intricate blitzes and stunts.

Who knows how much validity there is to that, as all stud LTs aren't Rhodes Scholards.

That may be, but generally, O-Lineman are some of the more intelligent people on NFL rosters.

KChiefs1 01-11-2009 12:51 PM

I love the NFL Network's coverage during the Senior Bowl week....Mayock is all over it.

KCChiefsMan 01-11-2009 02:24 PM

has he sucked all year? hurt?