ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Falling skies TNT (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=246306)

notorious 06-23-2011 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 7711160)
Yeah, I didn't know if they were trying to drop a hint when the criminal gang leader asked why the robots have two legs and the "skidders" have six. Like, maybe there's another alien being that created the robots and gets the skidders to do their bidding somehow. I thought the same thing, "Why wouldn't the skidders have a gun?" Maybe because the aliens in charge don't want to arm them for fear of uprising.
But I might be giving the show too much credit.

That is the other predictable factor. Army ants are used by the ruling class, similar to how the kids are being controlled.

Next thing you know, they are going to use the kids as their fighting force, not only because of declining number of skidders but to also demoralize the resistance.

Predictable.

unlurking 06-24-2011 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 7712222)
That is the other predictable factor. Army ants are used by the ruling class, similar to how the kids are being controlled.

Next thing you know, they are going to use the kids as their fighting force, not only because of declining number of skidders but to also demoralize the resistance.

Predictable.

My first guess was that the kids were operating the Mechs. Make the conquered people control themselves, as you mentioned. Probably wrong, but really not interested enough in the show to dig deeper yet.

blaise 06-24-2011 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 7712222)

Predictable.

I wondered if they would make the humans have contact with the skidders at some point. When they killed one and said, "I wonder what it's thinking now," I thought, "Oh no, I bet they catch one and communicate with it and it becomes friends with them."

Molitoth 06-24-2011 06:52 AM

Quote:

"Oh no, I bet they catch one and communicate with it and it becomes friends with them."
Missa jar jar ET. Missa come to Earth to destroy you.

notorious 06-24-2011 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 7712452)
I wondered if they would make the humans have contact with the skidders at some point. When they killed one and said, "I wonder what it's thinking now," I thought, "Oh no, I bet they catch one and communicate with it and it becomes friends with them."

Now that's creative and it would be one hell of a twist.

unlurking 06-25-2011 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 7713474)
Now that's creative and it would be one hell of a twist.

Yuck. We've seen enough of this kind of stuff. It's not at all creative.

What's creative is an alien race that is NOT bipedal for once. Let's not ruin this by humanizing them.

Sure-Oz 06-25-2011 10:56 AM

Haven't watched it yet, dvred it, sounds liek i should just delete it

notorious 06-25-2011 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 7714120)
Haven't watched it yet, dvred it, sounds liek i should just delete it

Watch it. It is Sci-Fi, and it's not horrific. That alone warrants a viewing.

ShowtimeSBMVP 06-26-2011 11:30 AM

Lets hope tonights is alittle better...

notorious 06-26-2011 09:14 PM

Better.

oldandslow 06-27-2011 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 7716963)
Better.

I really didn't think so...

I will begin with the "Independence Day" knock offs - We had Noah dragging along the alien and Noah certainly isn't as funny as Will Smith. Then we had Noah acting all Bill Puhlman as he spoke to the cowardly doctor and gave the "we are not conquered" speech. At the end we had little kid acting all Brent Spinner as his eyes opened the same time as the alien eyes.

THEN...we have this group of aliens who traveled fifteen uber zillion miles to get here and the best tech they have for scavaging is 12 year old really slow kids hooked up to big slugs. Kind of like "Signs" where the aliens traveled fifteen uber zillion miles and couldn't open the cellar door.

THEN...I am supposed to belive the biggest bad ass on the show is, in real life, a "culinary artist." And that he can turn Spam into fillet mignon. Kind of like all the "best chef" shows on the food channel.

Finally, eye candy is drug away by 12 year old Zombies so that we can begin the soap opera triangle between Noah's son, the soon-to-be rescued eye candy, and former culinary artist's brother's sex slave. Much like every day time soap on television.

Yeah, last nite was all good :).

frankotank 06-27-2011 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 7711102)
I hope this doesn't turn into a soap opera with aliens as an occasional plot device.

my thoughts exactly.
since the critics are praising it....I'm prepared to hate it. seems like it always works out that way for me. critics hate it.....I love it. guess I just have bad taste.

kcxiv 06-27-2011 06:52 PM

so far its decent, for a summer show, i am ok with it. ill give it some episodes to find its groove. We will see.

notorious 06-27-2011 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldandslow (Post 7717365)
I really didn't think so...

:).

Trying to "Glass half-full it". There isn't hardly any good Sci-Fi now days.

oldandslow 06-28-2011 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 7718839)
Trying to "Glass half-full it". There isn't hardly any good Sci-Fi now days.

I know...

It truly is a dying genre on TV. And that, imo, is unfortunate.