ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Not a rumor: Ryan Lilja may be returning to KC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271827)

BossChief 04-10-2013 09:11 PM

If Andy Reid can get Alex Smith to play like he did in that playoff game with any consistency, he deserves to be able to coach with a HOF jacket on during games.

Alex will get his chance...that game, he threw the ball 42 times and almost cracked 300 yards (ended with 299) with three tds and no picks...he also added a nice 30 yard td run.

With Andy Reid as his coach, he should get a chance to have that many attempts a lot more than he has recently.

DTLB58 04-11-2013 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9576363)
If Tony G doesn't get a bs pushing off call and Priest Holmes doesn't fumble, we beat Indy.

Wow! Does that bring back a quick memory. Me and my son were at that game and I remember the drive home talking about just that.

Good job, Couldn't agree more. :thumb:

DTLB58 04-11-2013 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9576112)
i think you mean a TEAM has never shown the ability to carry Trent Green in the playoffs like they did for Alex Smith

Winner, Winner, Chicken dinner! Nicely put. :thumb:

patteeu 04-11-2013 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9576067)
No, I don't agree with that.

The Chiefs made the playoffs once in Trent Greens 5 full seasons in KC...a d again, Trent did things from a quarterback perspective that Alex has never done and likely will never do.

Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE it if he were to begin to trust his tools and begin to attack with the ball to areas past 15 yards...but I just don't see it happening.

Then we'll have to agree to disagree. Trent Green wasn't ever the reason the Chiefs failed to make the playoffs or win a championship. When he was 34, he started all 16 games for a championship-quality Chiefs' offense (1st in the NFL in yards and first downs and 2nd in points).

BossChief 04-11-2013 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9577277)
Then we'll have to agree to disagree. Trent Green wasn't ever the reason the Chiefs failed to make the playoffs or win a championship. When he was 34, he started all 16 games for a championship-quality Chiefs' offense (1st in the NFL in yards and first downs and 2nd in points).

How about if we decided to take a qb after that season? Aaron Rodgers...superbowl winner

Or how about in 2008 when we didn't have a qb and took two linemen instead of taking Joe Flacco...superbowl MVP

Would we have been better off trading for Trent Green, or "reaching for a qb that wasn't worth a high pick" in Drew Brees?...superbowl winner

I ask because I Think we are about to repeat history AGAIN.

If we had a qb that was 22, that gives you 12 years to build around him...if we had another 5 years with Trent, we could have built up a defense that could have helped win it all...if you get a 29 year old one, lots of things need to fall into place QUICKLY.

patteeu 04-11-2013 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9577300)
How about if we decided to take a qb after that season? Aaron Rodgers...superbowl winner

Or how about in 2008 when we didn't have a qb and took two linemen instead of taking Joe Flacco...superbowl MVP

Would we have been better off trading for Trent Green, or "reaching for a qb that wasn't worth a high pick" in Drew Brees?...superbowl winner

I ask because I Think we are about to repeat history AGAIN.

If we had a qb that was 22, that gives you 12 years to build around him...if we had another 5 years with Trent, we could have built up a defense that could have helped win it all...if you get a 29 year old one, lots of things need to fall into place QUICKLY.

I don't know what any of those three QBs would have done as a Chief. Aaron Rodgers would have had to start his career with a team that just went over the age cliff. Drew Brees, might have had a better start to his career surrounded by the Chiefs of that era, but as it was, he failed at his first stop. I've never been a fan of Joe Flacco and I don't think he would have had the success he's had in KC.

In 2001, I wasn't a fan of the trade for Trent Green when it happened, so the fact that he panned out as well as he did proved me wrong there. I can't say who I would have wanted the Chiefs to draft if they had their 1st round pick back.

In 2005, I was hoping the Chiefs would draft Derrick Johnson for several months before the draft took place, so I was very happy with that pick. He was my favorite college player that year.

In 2008, I loved the Glenn Dorsey pick. I didn't know anything about Branden Albert, but it was a position of need so I was satisfied. I never had any interest in Flacco and I still don't. I'd rather have Alex Smith than Joe Flacco.

BossChief 04-11-2013 07:47 AM

So, three quarterbacks that lead their teams to superbowl wins wouldnt have been good picks for KC because....well, because they don't have an arrowhead on their helmet and they might have sucked if they got picked by KC.

That about cover it?

BossChief 04-11-2013 07:51 AM

Proof that it doesn't matter how good a defensive prospect is available...or how the qbs are valued in a draft...you MUST take the best quarterback available and pass on the linemen/defensive player.

Right now, I'd trade Dorsey (who we let walk) Albert and DJ for Flacco, Brees or Rodgers.

patteeu 04-11-2013 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9577323)
So, three quarterbacks that lead their teams to superbowl wins wouldnt have been good picks for KC because....well, because they don't have an arrowhead on their helmet and they might have sucked if they got picked by KC.

That about cover it?

Don't be an idiot. I don't know whether they would have been good picks for KC (and neither do you). I'm pretty confident that Flacco wouldn't have been, but the other two might have had a chance. Do you not understand that the team that drafts a player has some effect on whether that player develops?

patteeu 04-11-2013 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9577329)
Proof that it doesn't matter how good a defensive prospect is available...or how the qbs are valued in a draft...you MUST take the best quarterback available and pass on the linemen/defensive player.

Right now, I'd trade Dorsey (who we let walk) Albert and DJ for Flacco, Brees or Rodgers.

You're misusing the word "proof". It's no more proof than the "proof" provided by Ray Lewis and Jonathan Ogden that it's better to take the top ILB or LT than draft the first QB in a weak class (Tony Banks).

BossChief 04-11-2013 08:35 AM

Same shit that was said about Cassel.

patteeu 04-11-2013 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9577436)
Same shit that was said about Cassel.

What is?