ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs 2007: LJ could be out a while. Possible long term injury? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=173892)

BigRedChief 11-05-2007 06:31 PM

2007: LJ could be out a while. Possible long term injury?

Consider this a rumor.
Again I'm not saying this is fact but someone who has told me medical "stuff" about Chiefs players in the past and it has turned out to be true told me this.

LJ has a garden variety sprained ankle but thats not worrying the Chiefs or LJ.

They think its his foot thats is the real concern and specifically worst case scenerio Plantar Fasciitis or a pulled ligment in the foot. It happened when LJ tryed to pull on his foot when it was under Hawk and stretched that muscle on the bottom of his foot and in the arch. It could take 3-4 weeks of rest or in rare cases to a year to recover. But until the swelling goes down they won't know for sure.

Again just FYI passing it along.

siberian khatru 11-05-2007 06:32 PM

The PF (or a Lis Franc) crossed my mind Sunday. I almost posted it on the game thread as a semi-joke, but thought better of it.

FAX 11-05-2007 06:33 PM

Just our luck. We should have known this would happen as soon as Carl signed the deal. I swear, sometimes I think we are the most fucked up team of all times.

FAX

Halfcan 11-05-2007 06:33 PM

I stated this yesterday based on my previous injury expierence and the video replay of the hit.

Deberg_1990 11-05-2007 06:34 PM

Better let him heal up. This team isnt going anywhere but a first round playoff exit again this year if we even make it that far....

tk13 11-05-2007 06:35 PM

Priest isn't coming back. :)

OnTheWarpath15 11-05-2007 06:36 PM

Exactly what I told my wife when she called on the drive home.

If he has even a mild plantar fasciitis injury, he'll be out the rest of the year, IMO.

Or at minimum, ineffective. Putting weight on it is hard enough, but pushing off and cutting would be excruciating.

:banghead:

beach tribe 11-05-2007 06:38 PM

Sit down LJ. Rest up.

OnTheWarpath15 11-05-2007 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990
Better let him heal up. This team isnt going anywhere but a first round playoff exit again this year if we even make it that far....

Absolutely.

If in fact it is a PF injury, they tend to linger without the proper rest and treatment.

I want him ready to go at 100% next summer, not limping around because Carl wanted to make sure to win that 8th game.

Bwana 11-05-2007 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13
Priest isn't coming back. :)

Heh, lets hope he still has some gas left in the tank.

Bob Dole 11-05-2007 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan
I stated this yesterday based on my previous injury expierence and the video replay of the hit.

You also just posted that Cutler is done for the year.

BigRedChief 11-05-2007 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58
Absolutely.

If in fact it is a PF injury, they tend to linger without the proper rest and treatment.

I want him ready to go at 100% next summer, not limping around because Carl wanted to make sure to win that 8th game.

So these don't heal like normal?

How different is this from a pulled groin? Or a pulled bicep muscle?

Halfcan 11-05-2007 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole
You also just posted that Cutler is done for the year.

According to ESPN radio 6:00 pm-Cutler is done. Blame them if it is wrong.

KCFalcon59 11-05-2007 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief
Plantar Fasciitis

I have that. I got it 2 years ago playing football on thanksgiving with my son, brother and nephew. It takes a lot of Physical Therapy to get it to heal. Very tough to walk around in the morning. If you are on your feet a lot during the day it gets real sore at night.

Eleazar 11-05-2007 06:47 PM

I guess "Stay Down Bitch" finally caught up with us. LMAO