ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Roller Derby (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=262000)

Al Czervik 08-02-2012 07:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 8786106)
No clue. Won't find out much on it until 7pm tonight.

Here ya go....

KC Luv

Valiant 08-02-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8786834)
I know a small, skinny derby girl who kicks ass at it. I believe she's even captain of her team. (Not the girl I work with)

There are a few, but when you look at the Derby girl teams each year you notice that very few are small or skinny.. Derby is brutal and the skinny girls dont last long.. I know about 8 girls that play Derby in the 3 leagues here in KC..

Trust me, I wish there were more skinny or small girls playing, but some of them bitches are mean..

This is actually the perfect sport for luv, meet friends, get groupies to follow her..

Lumpy 08-02-2012 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dallas Chief (Post 8786517)
Show up wearing a thong on the outside of your shorts, Hello Kitty bicycle helmet, hair all messed up crazy looking like you just woke up, ice cream stain on your shirt, rec specs, too much lipstick, a sock with fingerholes on one arm. They'll think this gal is cray cray. You'll make the squad with out a second thought! :D

Actually, if Luv does make the team, she'll need to invent a look and roll w/ it, (ghey ass pun intended, lol).

I was going to join the Omaha team this year, but I don't have time to beat up bitches. :(

Best to you, Luv! Hope you get the opportunity! :thumb:

Deberg_1990 08-02-2012 09:23 PM

Awesome Luv. Good luck to you! Hope you do it and make the team.

Dr. Johnny Fever 08-02-2012 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 8787149)
There are a few, but when you look at the Derby girl teams each year you notice that very few are small or skinny.. Derby is brutal and the skinny girls dont last long.. I know about 8 girls that play Derby in the 3 leagues here in KC..

Trust me, I wish there were more skinny or small girls playing, but some of them bitches are mean..

This is actually the perfect sport for luv, meet friends, get groupies to follow her..

Oh I agree. You don't think of small girls being good at roller derby. I think she excels just because she's so mean lol. I wouldn't want to piss her off. She's nice until she's on the rink.

luv 08-02-2012 09:32 PM

I've got 30 days to determine if I want to do it. The WFTDA requires each person to take out an insurance policy, which is $60 per year. My dues will be $25 per month. The major upfront cost will be equipment. Skateboard helmet, mouth guard (I'm so getting the pro line, elbow pads, wrist guards, knee pads (which they said was the one thing you don't want to skimp on), and of course skates. My skates are too small, but I think the plates and wheels are still good, so I just have to get new boots.

The owner of the rink has known me since I was 4 years old. He kept bragging on me to one of the guys in charge of the practice. There were about ten of us there (newbies anyway). When they asked if we could skate, Ted was like "This one definitely can. She's an old rink rat." I said that the key word in that sentence was "old". If anything, it was great to catch up. I didn't have my skates with me, since I knew I couldn't wear them, so I think I'm going to take them out tomorrow during a public session.

Anyway, the girls are their own LLC. They have different committees (marketing, training, non-skating officials, bouts, etc). You have to serve on at least one. In order to compete on the B team, you have to have 50% practice attendance. For the A team, you must have 70%. Also, WFTDA requires all participants to be tested (physical test and written test over rules).

There really is a lot to it, but it's going to be so much fun!

Deberg_1990 08-02-2012 09:34 PM

Whip It was a pretty decent movie about Roller Derby from a few years back...with Hotties Drew Barrymoore, Ellen Page and Kristin Wiig

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1SvjX8hqQdY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

luv 08-02-2012 09:35 PM

Oh, and I get to come up with my own name and number (as long as they're not already taken). I can come up with a name, but it has to be turned in to the president of the WFTDA for approval before it can be registered and put on a shirt.

One of the people suggested twoevils.com to look for names. I went but it's a domain name place.

Anyway, name suggestions welcome!

luv 08-02-2012 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 8785870)
From most of the girls I have seen you will fit in fine. The skinny girls get hurt to easy.

I'll bet I continue to lose weight. I'm going to do this, but I'm still watching what I eat and jogging, too.

luv 08-02-2012 09:55 PM

I really thought people would jump on suggesting names for me...lol

NewChief 08-02-2012 10:07 PM

Very cool that you went. I was half expecting a, "I decided not to go" post, so it's awesome that you followed through and are excited.

luv 08-02-2012 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8787546)
Very cool that you went. I was half expecting a, "I decided not to go" post, so it's awesome that you followed through and are excited.

Roller skating is the one thing I've done in my life that I was good at. I may be out of shape, but I'm going to try anything that's still done on quads instead of inlines...lol.

Setsuna 08-02-2012 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 8787516)
I really thought people would jump on suggesting names for me...lol

Cock Blocker.

Joe_Camel 08-02-2012 10:30 PM

Luv Hertz, Helen Wheels, Moooo

tk13 08-02-2012 10:39 PM

MOzark. Miss Zoory, Hootie's Clap.