ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Lost my job today (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266336)

Lumpy 11-07-2012 10:03 PM

Office politics. I'm so glad I don't deal w/ that crap anymore.

You seem to be looking at this as being a blessing in disguise though. That is a good sign. When Gonzo got laid off, it was tough, but we survived. You will do the same if you stay sharp and motivated.

Take a little time off, regain your focus, and you'll find something that will be a better fit for you.

PunkinDrublic 11-07-2012 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9097308)
You're in Texas? You won't be unemployed long.

I hope you're right. I'm a veteran and there is a big push to hire veterans down here. It's just been a really long time since I lost a job.

Simply Red 11-07-2012 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic (Post 9097245)
This was my first job out of college and I had worked there for about 5 and a half years. I was doing so well in my old department and had even gotten rewarded but then at the end of July I got moved to a department where I was just constantly butting heads with managesment to the point where I was written up a couple of times in September. Try as I might I could not get moved to another department. Needless to say it was one of the most unpleasent work environments I've ever been in. Well around 3 today I get pulled into the VPs office and got canned. It's kind of a relief because I knew I wasn't fitting in very well with the managers I worked under. It was stressing me to the point where it was affecting my life outside of work. At the same time waking up tomorrow and not having a job freaks me out. i worked all through college and immediately found something after graduation. I was already looking for work while I was employed but it's hard to find time to schedule interviews when you are working all the time.

I'm not used to not having a job to go to. I signed up for unemployment already and have a little bit of money put away. I'm confident I'll find work but the uncertainty of when I'll get hired scares the **** out of me. What if most employers aren't hiring until after the holidays? Anyway just curious how some of you guys dealt with temporary unemployment.

If you're persistent, nobody can stop you.

per·sist·ent/pərˈsistənt/
Adjective:
Continuing firmly or obstinately in a course of action in spite of difficulty or opposition.

Now go get them bud!

teedubya 11-07-2012 11:20 PM

Keep learning skills and stuff while you are unemployed... Learning is the key to continual career growth... and not just college courses... free online courses... keep reading... keep growing.

You have to sometimes evolve with the market...

Simply Red 11-07-2012 11:22 PM

oh & don't trust anything Peter tells you on here.

MagicHef 11-07-2012 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic (Post 9097335)
I hope you're right. I'm a veteran and there is a big push to hire veterans down here. It's just been a really long time since I lost a job.

I lost my job in CO, and was unemployed for a year before I decided moving to Texas wouldn't really be that bad, and started looking down here as well. I got a job almost immediately.

LiveSteam 11-07-2012 11:27 PM

Sorry to hear about anyone losing a job. Like others have said. Keep on keep-en on & it will work out for the better. When work comes home with you in a bad way. Its time to move on.

Psyko Tek 11-07-2012 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumpy (Post 9097329)
Office politics. I'm so glad I don't deal w/ that crap anymore.

You seem to be looking at this as being a blessing in disguise though. That is a good sign. When Gonzo got laid off, it was tough, but we survived. You will do the same if you stay sharp and motivated.

Take a little time off, regain your focus, and you'll find something that will be a better fit for you.

she is right ...
get drunk
get laid
get to lookin' for that next job

petegz28 11-07-2012 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 9097515)
oh & don't trust anything Peter tells you on here.

Hey now...only 3 people call me Peter...

1. My Mom when she is mad at me
2. My Wife when she is mad at me
3. My Grandfather who is no longer with us.

So you just watch yourself or you'll be number 4!!! :p

TimeForWasp 11-07-2012 11:57 PM

Lost mine yesterday.

LiveSteam 11-08-2012 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Touchdown Kansas City !!! (Post 9097594)
Lost mine yesterday.

Dam this thread is depressing.
My trade is becoming more depressing with every passing day.
Seriously thinking about firing myself after this house is done. Parking all my equipment at the farm, & jumping on the GOV bandwagon.

petegz28 11-08-2012 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveSteam (Post 9097618)
Dam this thread is depressing.
My trade is becoming more depressing with every passing day.
Seriously thinking about firing myself after this house is done. Parking all my equipment at the farm, & jumping on the GOV bandwagon.

I hear Obama will give you a free phone!

LiveSteam 11-08-2012 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 9097624)
I hear Obama will give you a free phone!

**** his phones. If I could have 6 or 7 free Mexicans like everyone else I have to compete against I would be just fine.

Buehler445 11-08-2012 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Touchdown Kansas City !!! (Post 9097594)
Lost mine yesterday.

Sorry to hear that man.

Simply Red 11-08-2012 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 9097572)
Hey now...only 3 people call me Peter...

1. My Mom when she is mad at me
2. My Wife when she is mad at me
3. My Grandfather who is no longer with us.

So you just watch yourself or you'll be number 4!!! :p

Sorry Pete.