ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   XBOX 360 - availablity upon release? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=128353)

GoTrav 11-07-2005 12:19 PM

XBOX 360 - availablity upon release?

so I packed up my X-Box this weekend and all the games for trade-in value for the 360, much to my dismay Blockbuster only received 10 pre-orders and they were already taken. Has anyone heard anything about the 360 if there will be enough to go around when they release, or will it be next to impossible to get until after xmas?

htismaqe 11-07-2005 12:27 PM

They're doing a simultaneous world-wide launch.

Supplies will be short.

Sully 11-07-2005 12:39 PM

EB Games out by me is taking orders continuously. I got in a little late, so they told me 2-3 weeks after launch... so we'll see.

Valiant 11-07-2005 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Ice
so I packed up my X-Box this weekend and all the games for trade-in value for the 360, much to my dismay Blockbuster only received 10 pre-orders and they were already taken. Has anyone heard anything about the 360 if there will be enough to go around when they release, or will it be next to impossible to get until after xmas?

It is going to be a frenzy, Worldwide launch, most places that take preorders are full... you will have to go to places like walmart/bestbuy at 6pm-midnight to have a shot in the morning... Target, Circuit City usually do first come, first serve..

It is sweet I have been playing the 360 at work.. Have one in our break room..

Sully 11-08-2005 03:03 PM

I just talked to my local EB Games guy and he said that the rumor is (I haven't researched this at all, so it is completely rumor) that around 10 days after launch, they will re-release about triple the original number.

Saulbadguy 11-08-2005 03:05 PM

I've always been tempted to pick up a few of the empty boxes and sell em on ebay.

Pants 11-08-2005 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy
I've always been tempted to pick up a few of the empty boxes and sell em on ebay.

Xbox box for $700. SOLD to the reerun in Texas!

Valiant 11-08-2005 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike
Xbox box for $700. SOLD to the reerun in Texas!

Gochiefs was that you, you little closet xbox fiend...

KC Jones 11-08-2005 11:10 PM

I heard that they were purposely going to try to reduce availability to make sure demand will stay strong for a while. No need to have it drop off totally after xmass.

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20051101-5510.html

GoTrav 11-20-2005 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully
I just talked to my local EB Games guy and he said that the rumor is (I haven't researched this at all, so it is completely rumor) that around 10 days after launch, they will re-release about triple the original number.

hope so. The Blockbuster on 291 in Lees Summit is only getting 8 and only 5 are the premium version. They only took 10 preorders. Not sure if I'll dick with it or not. Is every store doing the 12 AM release thing?

I just don't get the strategy of making them so scarce. I was told they wanted lines of people outside stores, but screw camping out for one if stores are getting such a few number. Wouldn't they want to make as many available as possible upon release?

Lzen 11-21-2005 04:25 PM

They probably believe that it looks great on television to have lines of people camped out to get on of these things. I remember when the PS2 came out. I went to Walmart that night and they did the raffle number thing. Needless to say, I didn't end up getting one until about 5-6 months later.

Sully 11-21-2005 04:50 PM

I heard on the radio today that they will try and have many more available throughout the Christmas season. What does that mean? I dunno, but at least they are on it.
I hvae about 5 games reserved, too, and they keep calling me to tell me they are in for me to pick up.

Swanman 11-21-2005 04:54 PM

I remember when the PS2 launched Sony was doing blind shipments to the game stores. The stores basically just had open purchase orders with Sony, so one some days 10 PS2's would show up and other days none would show up. I got lucky one night about 5 days before Christmas when I walked into Gamestop about 5 minutes after they got a shipment. My only regret was not buying all 6 they had in stock.

unlurking 11-21-2005 11:32 PM

Well, ordered mine Saturday, got a shipping confirmation and tracking number today. Should have it by Friday.

Pants 11-22-2005 12:18 AM

Hah, I was naive enough to think I could get a few tonight and sell them for much more on EBay. Showed up to the store at 7pm only to find out there were people camping there since the early morning. Went to different stores - same story. There goes that plan.