ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Archives (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Whoo hooo! Thanks Joe Seahawk - time to whip KC! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=14622)

Mile High Mania 12-17-2000 10:51 AM

Ok, some of you were asking where the Broncos' fans were.... your resident Mile High Maniac is here. :D

I can't tell you how excited I was to see the Raiduhs lose yesterday. Although, I can't say that I understand or 100% agree with that safety rule. That was just weird. But, what can ya do?

Denver controls their own destiny now, they can win the division with 2 more wins and possibly snag home field with a bye??? How weird is that?

I'm still not sold on the defense, despite leading the league in take aways. I think KC will be able to put up 24 points pretty easily, but I strongly believe Denver will have too much firepower for the KC defense.

It will be an AFC West shootout that will go down to the final minutes in the freezing cold.

GO BRONCOS!

Mile High Mania 12-17-2000 10:54 AM

Seriously... I hope it's a great game, but I hope it's a Denver victory. I'll log on afterwards to either quietly pound my chest or take my helping of crow.

I hate crow though.

KCWolfman 12-17-2000 11:15 AM

Brad - Good luck. I am torn. I NEVER want my Chiefs to lose, but I want the raiders in the dirt. Here's to hoping after your loss today, that you win next week and secure that homefield against da faiders....

ready for my own crow.

Ugly Duck 12-17-2000 11:41 AM

I'll have to answer for this at the Pearly Gates....The day that Ugly Duck was a bigger Chiefs fan than the Wolfman. Up is down and down is up. Through the looking glass darkly - the Silver and Black roots for Red and Gold. Stranger things may have come to pass, but I'm not aware of them....

Packfan 12-17-2000 11:49 AM

Mile High,

I will be shocked if Gus Ferrotte and his offense puts up more than 24 points. This is not a tribute to the Chiefs defense. It is more my opinion of Gus Ferrotte. He sucks.

This is the chiefs super bowl. How pathetic its getting for the Chiefs when their biggest games falls within the regular season. Its becomming a trend.

Ugly Duck 12-17-2000 11:52 AM

Just in case I'm wrong about the Supreme Being, I offer this prayer to the Powers that Be:

May the passing game shine in all its glory against a porous Donkey secondary. Let SlyMo and Alexander put up numbers comensurate with their abilities. Grant the Chiefs an historic exhibition of pride and tenacity in this battle against the Evil Ones. Bless these men, these warriors, these Chiefs.

KCWolfman 12-17-2000 11:57 AM

Duck - LOL

Earthquakes and volcanoes, dead rising from the grave,human sacrafices, dogs and cats living together,mass hysteria!

The beginning of the end.

Realize that the donkos are now playing for something viable, the Chiefs for pride (which they havent shown much of). Schottenheimer may let us both down if the tackling is as poor as it has been for the last several weeks.

morphius 12-17-2000 11:59 AM

Packers oddly share the same trend...

Mile High Mania 12-17-2000 12:38 PM

Pacman... call me crazy, but the Pack haven't done much since Denver handed them their butts 3 SuperBowls ago.

As for Gus and your 24 points... how do you explain the last 4 weeks and scoring over 34 a game with Gus?

Mile High Mania 12-17-2000 01:39 PM

Well... crap.

All I can say is that after watching Oakland lose on that weird safety call and Denver score a TD on that special teams play, is that it smells like Denver is destined to win the West.

However, you guys are doing a good job at handling Anderson... you're making Gus win it.

I hate Gus and as I said earlier in the week, this will be the game that Gus loses just to spite me.

Although, KC isn't taking advantage of that 30th ranked Denver secondary. So, it should be an interesting second half.

GO DENVER!

~revised score

Denver 17
KC 14

Bwana 12-17-2000 03:05 PM

"I strongly believe Denver will have too much firepower for the KC defense."

Sorry Brad, I had to use the cut and paste for this one. :D <BR>

Ugly Duck 12-17-2000 03:17 PM

Thank you, thank you, thank you, KC! The Chiefs rock, baby! I had a total blast being a Chiefs fan today - I was hoping about and yelling til the dogs barked. Thanks for the ride, KC. Most excellent...Hey! How about that run game! Ratface kenw it was coming and still couldn't stop it. The AFC West freakin ROCKS! Broncs sweep Oakland, Oakland sweeps KC, Chiefs sweep Denver. I'm diggin it - thanx for the thrills, KC!

Pitt Gorilla 12-17-2000 03:30 PM

Mile High,
As much as I dislike your ponies, I abhore the Faiduhs. I would be much happier with you all winning the division in place of the classless morons. However, if today was ANY indication of what kind of team the Broncos are, you're not going anywhere anyway. Win next week, allow the Raiders to fade, and hopefully you'll both bow out of the playoffs with dignity.... I don't know, just a Christmas wish.....

------------------
GO PITT!

Packfan 12-17-2000 09:18 PM

Morphius,

At least the Packers are still alive and over .500. Your season has been over for several weeks and need I say it one more time for you:

The Chiefs havent won a playoff game in seven years! Have missed the playoffs 3 of the last four years. Talk about a trend!

Packfan 12-17-2000 09:40 PM

Mile High,

I told you Ferrotte wasnt going to put up 24 today. He didnt put up any. If you guys are going to into the playoffs with him, it will be a quick exit.