ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Science Spinal Decompression (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271535)

Scaga 03-28-2013 08:31 AM

Spinal Decompression

Anybody done this? Looking at starting treatments next week and praying the results are as good as I'm thinking they will be.

houstonwhodat 03-28-2013 08:42 AM

Be berry berry careful with your spine.

I have Spinal Stenosis and they want to do surgery but I said nah.

You're a sneeze away from being paralyzed.

Mr. Laz 03-28-2013 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9535203)

^^

Rain Man 03-28-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

You just really damaged your stock in the upcoming Chiefsplanet draft.

Rasputin 03-28-2013 09:29 AM

I had back surgery 3 years ago did me a world of good.

BlackHelicopters 03-28-2013 09:29 AM

At least get a second opinion, if not done so already.

ptlyon 03-28-2013 09:31 AM

Spinal Tap was a great movie

Rasputin 03-28-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

I had severe back pain but could deal with it. Then one night I sneezed in my sleep and the pain shot me so bad in my low lumbar I couldn't stand it. It forced bone to crush a nerve and I was ****ed. Was hunch over and had to go to ER 5 different times in 8 months before the doctor sent me to a back surgion in wichita. I swear it was that sneeze that caused my back to break.

houstonwhodat 03-28-2013 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9535228)
^^

Elmer Fudd voice...

houstonwhodat 03-28-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9535287)
I had severe back pain but could deal with it. Then one night I sneezed in my sleep and the pain shot me so bad in my low lumbar I couldn't stand it. It forced bone to crush a nerve and I was ****ed. Was hunch over and had to go to ER 5 different times in 8 months before the doctor sent me to a back surgain in wichita. I swear it was that sneeze that caused my back to break.

How much did surgery cost.

BlackHelicopters 03-28-2013 09:39 AM

Back surgery is usually cheap. Use a coupon.

Frosty 03-28-2013 09:43 AM

Machine-based decompression can be effective for pain relief but can also be very dangerous in the wrong hands. Chiros buy these very expensive machines and turn to high pressure sales jobs to sell expensive procedures pay them off. In studies, the machines have not proven to be any more effective than manual manipulation, which is much cheaper and safer.

patteeu 03-28-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9535287)
I had severe back pain but could deal with it. Then one night I sneezed in my sleep and the pain shot me so bad in my low lumbar I couldn't stand it. It forced bone to crush a nerve and I was ****ed. Was hunch over and had to go to ER 5 different times in 8 months before the doctor sent me to a back surgion in wichita. I swear it was that sneeze that caused my back to break.

I messed mine up puking in a Mexican hotel after drinking the hotel's water 20 years ago. After several weeks of massive pain, I finally had surgery and haven't had any problems since then. I don't know anything about spinal decompression though.

Fansy the Famous Bard 03-28-2013 10:15 AM

I actually had this done on a weekly basis for about 8 weeks... it fixed my back problems. I haven't had the pains or seizups that I had before getting it done... but it was specific to the type of issue i was having with a compressed disk. I had a muscle that had "slipped" also... so if it's something similiar to what I had, it could potentially help.

edit: to add, I've been backpain free going on 5 years now.

Scaga 03-28-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 9535385)
I actually had this done on a weekly basis for about 8 weeks... it fixed my back problems. I haven't had the pains or seizups that I had before getting it done... but it was specific to the type of issue i was having with a compressed disk. I had a muscle that had "slipped" also... so if it's something similiar to what I had, it could potentially help.

edit: to add, I've been backpain free going on 5 years now.

Cool deal...The MRI shows degenerative disc dease and siatica. Sounds good in theory, but we shall see.