ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Bob Moore: Chiefs haven't even asked for permission to talk with Edwards (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=133094)

FringeNC 01-05-2006 11:10 PM

Bob Moore: Chiefs haven't even asked for permission to talk with Edwards

KFFL

Andrea Adelson, of the Associated Press, reports the Kansas City Chiefs are close to acquiring New York Jets head coach Herman Edwards. An anonymous person close to the situation reports the two sides are rapidly coming to an agreement on compensation and Edwards could be coach of the Chiefs as early as Friday, Jan. 6. Chiefs spokesman Bob Moore claimed Thursday, Jan. 5, that the Chiefs haven't even asked for permission to talk with Edwards.

Wile_E_Coyote 01-05-2006 11:13 PM

they have to work out the trade details before he can be interviewed

Logical 01-05-2006 11:14 PM

OMG, the front office is just filled with assclowns. Either things fell through and this is their lame effort to cover or they think we are all fools.

Nzoner 01-05-2006 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vlad Logicslav
OMG, the front office is just filled with assclowns.

You're just now figuring that out? :D

jspchief 01-05-2006 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wile_E_Coyote

Yep. The league has to approve compensation before KC can talk to Edwards.

By the way, Clayton on Sportscenter just reported that the Chiefs hold all the cards and are playing hardball. They may get him for free before it's all said and done.

Wile_E_Coyote 01-05-2006 11:20 PM

anything from the Chiefs is like something from a politician :rolleyes:

Nzoner 01-05-2006 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief
Yep. The league has to approve compensation before KC can talk to Edwards.

By the way, Clayton on Sportscenter just reported that the Chiefs hold all the cards and are playing hardball. They may get him for free before it's all said and done.

Fock holding all the cards,I want to see Lamar hold the trophy,yeah I'm still pissed from my rant a few weeks ago and hiring Herm Edwards is not going to change that.

Like I said before I'm from the show-me-state,it's time for Carl to show me a championship before I show him any more of my money.Sadly,I think I'll be saving until either he or I are dead.

jAZ 01-05-2006 11:37 PM

Quote:

OMG, the front office is just filled with assclowns. Either things fell through and this is their lame effort to cover or they think we are all fools.

Neither...

Everyone is posturing.

We think that if we create the proper environment, the Jets will be forced to simply release Herm because it's the best available option (so that they (the Jets) can move on from the mess).

Herm is poturing by saying he doesn't want out so that he doesn't accidently say something to void the Jets requirement to meet their remaining contractual obligations to him. Losing that leverage would take away some negotiating leverage to sign the best possible contract (with the Jets, the Chiefs or whoever). He's probably also willing to stay in NY and wants to show a commitment to his current players.

The Jest are trying to keep the pressure on KC and Herm so that they can squeeze anything they can out of this situation.

None of this posturing has anything directly to do with spinning the fans.

Rausch 01-05-2006 11:40 PM

Smart.

Negotiating with the team is not asking for permission to speak to him.

I don't doubt for a minute that they haven't spoken to him. Edwards and the Jets are completely different...

Chiefs Pantalones 01-05-2006 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wile_E_Coyote

So they can work out the trade details, interview him, and if the Chiefs decided not to hire him they won't owe the Jets anything?

Mecca 01-05-2006 11:43 PM

Quote:

I'm pretty sure they think we're all fools anyway.

jspchief 01-05-2006 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder
So they can work out the trade details, interview him, and if the Chiefs decided not to hire him they won't owe the Jets anything?

Correct. The teams have to submit compensation for the Chiefs hiring a coach that the Jets have contractual rights to. If the Chiefs don't hire him, they wouldn't owe compensation.

Wile_E_Coyote 01-05-2006 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder

man, I hope so

Logical 01-05-2006 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jAZ
Neither...

Everyone is posturing.

We think that if we create the proper environment, the Jets will be forced to simply release Herm because it's the best available option (so that they (the Jets) can move on from the mess).

Herm is poturing by saying he doesn't want out so that he doesn't accidently say something to void the Jets requirement to meet their remaining contractual obligations to him. Losing that leverage would take away some negotiating leverage to sign the best possible contract (with the Jets, the Chiefs or whoever). He's probably also willing to stay in NY and wants to show a commitment to his current players.

The Jest are trying to keep the pressure on KC and Herm so that they can squeeze anything they can out of this situation.

None of this posturing has anything directly to do with spinning the fans.

I think you missed the major news of the day, Herm quit so they don't have to fire him and the obligation for draft pick compensation still exists.

JohnnyV13 01-05-2006 11:47 PM

Guys,

You're all missing the possibility that the Jets have fabricated this whole story and are purposefully leaking this to the NY press.

Why? Because they are trying to scare some OTHER team into giving up draft choices to get Herm. Think about it, oh the Chiefs are about to get Herm, better pony up some draft picks now or you'll lose out.

My instinct tells me this is what's going on. The other likely scenario is we really ARE interested in Herm, but the Jets are again leaking it for the same reason: trying to get another bidder into the game to up the price.

The bottom line isn't to "pressure KC", these stories are appearing to start a bidding war. KC isn't the target. The real target of these rumor is the rest of the league. I just don't think Herm is such a hot property that such an event is going to happen.