ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU Georgia plays "old man football" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263136)

Bewbies 09-02-2012 10:40 PM

Georgia plays "old man football"

Pretty good article about next week's game here in the AJC. Pretty bold thing to say, quoted the money shot here...

http://blogs.ajc.com/uga-sports-blog...s-says-of-uga/

Quote:

Missouri does not enter the SEC shyly. Quite the opposite, based on comments by one player.

According to an article in the Columbia (Mo.) Daily Tribune on Sunday, Missouri defensive tackle Sheldon Richardson was asked after the Tigers’ 62-10 victory over Southeastern Louisiana Saturday night if he watched the Georgia-Buffalo game on television earlier in the day.

“I watched the game. I turned it off, too,” Richardson was quoted as saying. “… It’s like watching Big Ten football. It’s old-man football.”

Then this: “If we execute, nobody in this league [the SEC] can touch us. Period.”

Bewbies 09-02-2012 10:41 PM

I will say this, they actually play defense in the SEC, so that will be a big difference for them to get used to.

Pitt Gorilla 09-02-2012 10:41 PM

The O-line has to get a LOT better very quickly for MU to win. They have several guys out with injuries, but Georgia isn't going to care.

Ace Gunner 09-02-2012 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 8873498)
I will say this, they actually play defense in the SEC, so that will be a big difference for them to get used to.

That and they'll need to get used to an ass stompin about 5 games every year.

Bewbies 09-03-2012 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 8873499)
The O-line has to get a LOT better very quickly for MU to win. They have several guys out with injuries, but Georgia isn't going to care.

That'll be a problem, UGA's front 7 is STRONG.

Discuss Thrower 09-03-2012 12:32 AM

Feel like serving up bulletin board material is a bad move..

|Zach| 09-03-2012 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 8873498)

This is a fresh and new perspective.

I am intrigued by your information and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Saul Good 09-03-2012 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 8873571)
Feel like serving up bulletin board material is a bad move..

Meh. Pretty sure both teams are plenty motivated.

qabbaan 09-03-2012 07:47 AM

I don't think anyone is taking these games lightly. I like Richardson's attitude. He says we can beat anyone if we execute.

Implied in that statement is, "Hey, we're in the SEC now, we can't just play a lackadaisical game and expect to win most of our games week to week. We have to execute well every week."

To me it sounds like a player who is motivated and is ready to play. That's all.

Braincase 09-03-2012 07:49 AM

Mizzou joined the SEC to show them how to play football.

Demonpenz 09-03-2012 07:53 AM

as the pilfers once said "Shit's all up in the air" Mizzou recruits good and has athletes SEC is hungry to stomp anyones dick in the dirt. It might be the most interesting season I have ever seen for Mizzou.

Saulbadguy 09-03-2012 07:59 AM

Georgia is an overrated piece of shit.

notorious 09-03-2012 07:59 AM

All that I can say is,"Good luck with that".

At least Mizzou is catching the SEC is a supposedly down year.

|Zach| 09-03-2012 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 8873721)
All that I can say is,"Good luck with that".

At least Mizzou is catching the SEC is a supposedly down year.

There it is.

The moving of the goal posts.

Reerun_KC 09-03-2012 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 8873723)
There it is.

The SEC is going to wish they moved them when you guys are done "busting in".

|Zach| 09-03-2012 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 8873733)
The SEC is going to wish they moved them when you guys are done "busting in".

The song is going to change from "you can't compete and will get trashed" to "oh, it is a down year"

I say it is all fantastic.

qabbaan 09-03-2012 09:24 AM

Being a middle of the road team in the SEC on day one would be a very nice place to start. 5 of the top 10 ranked teams are in the SEC.

Some people feel like Georgia is overrated. I don't know about that, but Missouri gets them at home on the biggest day in school history. It's as favorable a situation as you can have in playing a #6 team when you are an "others receiving votes" team at the moment.

In any case, it's hard to imagine a situation where a bottom feeder in a lower conference could laugh at Missouri losing against SEC conference opponents. Aren't there three teams that arent in the conference anymore with more recent conference wins than Kansas?

But, forgetting all that 20th century history, it'll be a fun year. Middle of the best conference in the country will suit me just fine as a first act to the new history that's being written.

Braincase 09-03-2012 09:39 AM

I predict Mizzou wins all of their games by triple digits. Seriously. SEC has seen nothing like Mizzou EVAR!

WilliamTheIrish 09-03-2012 09:48 AM

I know MU lost to the last "Old man football" team they played.

Titty Meat 09-03-2012 01:54 PM

Didn't Sheldon Richardson have to go to a juco because he was too stupid to qualify at a university?

notorious 09-03-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 8873723)
There it is.

?

WTF

Moving goalposts? :facepalm:

notorious 09-03-2012 02:01 PM

Zach, you must be so used to getting bashed that every observation is taken as an attack.

I said "Good luck with that" meaning Mizzou is playing in a much harder conference.

It's been said by a LOT of people that this is a down year for the SEC, not just me.

Cornstock 09-03-2012 02:02 PM

I see what the dude is talking about. Power I, 3 yards and a cloud of dust, with the occasional play action pass is not particularly entertaining football to watch if you don't have a vested interest. As a fan of college football in general, with no "favorite team" I like to watch a spread offense over the other boring stuff.

I will say that it takes a great deal of discipline and execution to run the "old man offense." But same could be said for other offenses.

Black Bob 09-03-2012 03:58 PM

Pretty ballsy comment there. You don't hear much of that kind of talk in the SEC. Mostly, you only hear from the coaches and they just talk about how great each others teams are. Except for Spurrier that is LOL. This will be a big game and I am not taking Mizzou lightly. That place will be rocking as it will be their first SEC game ever.

If you watch the game, check out #6 (John Jenkins) for UGA. He is the NT in their 3-4 defense and is 6' 3" 358 lbs. He's really good.

Frazod 09-03-2012 04:08 PM

I hate it when they spout off like this. :facepalm:

Bewbies 09-03-2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBob (Post 8874723)
Pretty ballsy comment there. You don't hear much of that kind of talk in the SEC. Mostly, you only hear from the coaches and they just talk about how great each others teams are. Except for Spurrier that is LOL. This will be a big game and I am not taking Mizzou lightly. That place will be rocking as it will be their first SEC game ever.

If you watch the game, check out #6 (John Jenkins) for UGA. He is the NT in their 3-4 defense and is 6' 3" 358 lbs. He's really good.

Him at Jarvis Jones (OLB) I've seen listed as top 5 picks by various different sources. UGA's 3-4 is fun to watch :)

I'm excited to see if this game looks like Auburn/Oregon or Alabama/Michigan in that defense rules the day. Very, very interesting match up to open SEC play.

Setsuna 09-03-2012 04:30 PM

I don't like UGA but they will stomp Mizzou into dust.

mnchiefsguy 09-03-2012 04:30 PM

Georgia was sloppy against Buffalo. If they play the same way in Columbia, the Tigers have a great chance to win. Hopefully Pinkel will have the team focused on playing the best football they can, and we will see what happens.

notorious 09-03-2012 04:37 PM

I think that Mizzou will win.

Setsuna 09-03-2012 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8874796)
Georgia was sloppy against Buffalo. If they play the same way in Columbia, the Tigers have a great chance to win. Hopefully Pinkel will have the team focused on playing the best football they can, and we will see what happens.

No they don't. Sorry. You need to understand, and you will.

mnchiefsguy 09-03-2012 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 8874811)
I think that Mizzou will win.

I think so too. I also think that it will be one helluva ballgame, and if UGA were to win, it would not be the end of the world, either. UGA is the #6 team in the country, so Mizzou needs to play its A game.

Setsuna 09-03-2012 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8874818)
I think so too. I also think that it will be one helluva ballgame, and if UGA were to win, it would not be the end of the world, either. UGA is the #6 team in the country, so Mizzou needs to play its A game.

Are yall ****ing serious? I don't believe this shit.

mnchiefsguy 09-03-2012 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 8874838)

Mizzou is a good team. They are at home with an amped up crowd. Georgia has some players suspended indefinitely, is on the road at a place they have never played. I would also be willing to be that UGA will be overconfident, and not take Mizzou as seriously as they would another conference opponent since Mizzou is the new kid on the block. The overwhelming likelihood is that it will a close game. Georgia blowing out Mizzou is the least likely scenario.

|Zach| 09-03-2012 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 8874838)

Yea we are feeling really great about our jump from Division III football right into the big leagues.

Hell...we just learned how to play special teams a month ago and started making our plays 3 weeks ago.

Spott 09-03-2012 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 8874860)
Yea we are feeling really great about our jump from Division III football right into the big leagues.

Hell...we just learned how to play special teams a month ago and started making our plays 3 weeks ago.

Before you know it, we'll be going 6-6 and playing neck and neck with Bowling Green like a real SEC team does.

Setsuna 09-03-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8874856)
Mizzou is a good team. They are at home with an amped up crowd. Georgia has some players suspended indefinitely, is on the road at a place they have never played. I would also be willing to be that UGA will be overconfident, and not take Mizzou as seriously as they would another conference opponent since Mizzou is the new kid on the block. The overwhelming likelihood is that it will a close game. Georgia blowing out Mizzou is the least likely scenario.

How are they a good team? Who do they even have that are impact players?

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 8874860)

Le sigh. I'm not even going to address this foolishness.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 8874873)
Before you know it, we'll be going 6-6 and playing neck and neck with Bowling Green like a real SEC team does.

Florida sucks donkey balls. I'm not denying it. But if you think Mizzou is going to have a chance in hell to beat UGA, you're delusional. I thought yall would have more respect but apparently you don't.

KcMizzou 09-03-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 8874909)

Heh. Here's hoping Georgia knows as much about Mizzou as you do.

NewChief 09-03-2012 05:51 PM

Eh. Georgia isn't all that. Mizzou should give them a game.

SAUTO 09-03-2012 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8874954)
Eh. Georgia isn't all that. Mizzou should give them a game.

mu plays midgets
Posted via Mobile Device

NewChief 09-03-2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 8874816)
No they don't. Sorry. You need to understand, and you will.

You're going to look so ****ing stupid if Georgia gets beat. Of course, you're going to look dumb when Tyler Wilson proves you wrong as well. Evidently losses are like mercury to the brains of Gator fans.

mnchiefsguy 09-03-2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 8874909)

Le sigh. I'm not even going to address this foolishness.

Florida sucks donkey balls. I'm not denying it. But if you think Mizzou is going to have a chance in hell to beat UGA, you're delusional. I thought yall would have more respect but apparently you don't.

I suppose the Vegas oddsmakers have no respect either, since Georgia is only a 3.5 point favorite.....seems like they think Mizzou has at least a chance.

http://www.oddsshark.com/ncaaf/georg...ptember-8-2012

Thinking Mizzou will play well and win is not disrespectful to UGA. You are just being stupid.

notorious 09-03-2012 06:10 PM

Were Big 12 fans (excluding KU) really that bad compared to SEC guys like Setsuna?

BryanBusby 09-03-2012 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 8874999)
Were Big 12 fans (excluding KU) really that bad compared to SEC guys like Setsuna?

Wickedson. That's all that really needs to be said.

notorious 09-03-2012 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 8875005)
Wickedson. That's all that really needs to be said.

"Excluding KU fans"

**** that horse's ass.

Pitt Gorilla 09-03-2012 06:15 PM

Mizzou has NO chance if their O-line doesn't improve significantly by Saturday. Honestly, I don't see that happening. The injuries have really depleted our front five. If Big Jack was to recover by Saturday, I'd feel a lot better. But, I don't see that happening either.

BryanBusby 09-03-2012 06:16 PM

Hm I guess it would of helped to of not glanced over that part.

Oklahoma fans in general are the worst.

I understand why people are skeptical about MU's chances against Georgia on Saturday, but lets not pretend they aren't capable of beating a Top 10 team at home.

Setsuna 09-03-2012 06:42 PM

:facepalm:

I'll be back to either eat crow or gloat.

NewChief 09-03-2012 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 8874999)

There are no "SEC guys like Setsuna." There's only him on his lonely little island of crazy. ;)

notorious 09-03-2012 06:45 PM

I think that LSU and Bama are in a league of their own. S. Carolina is very impressive, too.

The rest of the SEC is a wash. Mizzou should do just fine against everyone else.

notorious 09-03-2012 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8875094)
There are no "SEC guys like Setsuna." There's only him on his lonely little island of crazy. ;)

For some reason he isn't nearly as assholish as dickheadson. Plus, his team has been very good for years so he actually has something to be cocky about.

Pitt Gorilla 09-03-2012 06:47 PM

I think MU's D-Line could have a breakout game. If they were going to shine, it would be now.

WilliamTheIrish 09-03-2012 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 8875099)
For some reason he isn't nearly as assholish as dickheadson. Plus, his team has been very good for years so he actually has something to be cocky about.

There's something to be gleaned from this quote. Just because a fan cheers for a wining team, it doesn't mean he's an intelligent football fan.

FF'sS we get Pats fans through here that could plant their football intelligence on the head of a pin.

Watching Setsuna and Adam bitching at each other in the CFB Week 1 thread was high comedy.

"I've been a fan longer than you, bitch".

"Oh YEA? I graduated from UFLa you dropout bastard".

And on it went.

Frazod 09-03-2012 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 8875089)
:facepalm:

I'll be back to either eat crow or gloat.

You could just **** off and die.

notorious 09-03-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamInnerCircle (Post 8875132)
There's something to be gleaned from this quote. Just because a fan cheers for a wining team, it doesn't mean he's an intelligent football fan.

FF'sS we get Pats fans through here that could plant their football intelligence on the head of a pin.

Watching Setsuna and Adam bitching at each other in the CFB Week 1 thread was high comedy.

"I've been a fan longer than you, bitch".

"Oh YEA? I graduated from UFLa you dropout bastard".

And on it went.

Oh, I must have missed that. LMAO

qabbaan 09-03-2012 07:35 PM

I have usually found Gators fans to be pretty classy. Of course they have plenty of 25 year old douchebag "bros" (as does any school) but most of the others I have met are knowledgable lifelong fans.

Bewbies 09-03-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 8875096)
I think that LSU and Bama are in a league of their own. S. Carolina is very impressive, too.

The rest of the SEC is a wash. Mizzou should do just fine against everyone else.

Um, I don't know that I'd call it "a wash" when they have 5 of the top 10 teams...

The SEC is a lot tougher than people think. Just because Alabama is out of this world doesn't mean going to Neyland and beating Tennessee in front of 105,000 screaming hillbillies is easy. Outside of Kentucky and Vandy there isn't really such a thing as an "easy" week in the SEC.

Bewbies 09-03-2012 07:45 PM

Mizzou fans may take a lot of shit from other SEC fans all season long, but you better believe they'll be cheering you on in your bowl game and will defend the shit out of Mizzou to anyone that claims they're not part of the SEC club.

I've never met so defensive of a group than SEC fans. Personally, I can't stand rooting for a rival--ever. But down here outside of the conference nobody ever wants an SEC team to lose. They even taunt other teams (and you could clearly hear it on Saturday when Bama was up 31-0) with "SEC--SEC--SEC" chants.

Frazod 09-03-2012 07:46 PM

Obviously I'm hoping for a win, but more than anything I want a good showing. Worst case scenario is they just get ****ing destroyed.

Hopefully both Georgia teams will go home with losses next weekend. I certainly like Missouri's chances better than I do the Chiefs'.

BryanBusby 09-03-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 8875269)
Um, I don't know that I'd call it "a wash" when they have 5 of the top 10 teams...

The SEC is a lot tougher than people think. Just because Alabama is out of this world doesn't mean going to Neyland and beating Tennessee in front of 105,000 screaming hillbillies is easy. Outside of Kentucky and Vandy there isn't really such a thing as an "easy" week in the SEC.

Vandy at least looks improved enough to give teams a scare.

Kentucky is the shameful relative of SEC football that nobody really likes to acknowledge.

notorious 09-03-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 8875301)
Kentucky is the shameful relative of SEC football that nobody really likes to acknowledge.

I will give you one guess who the Big 12's shameful relative is...........

BryanBusby 09-03-2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 8875308)
I will give you one guess who the Big 12's shameful relative is...........

After Week 1, I'd have to go with Oklahoma.

notorious 09-03-2012 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 8875314)
After Week 1, I'd have to go with Oklahoma.

......maybe you need 2 guesses.........

Reaper16 09-03-2012 08:14 PM

Vandy is most definitely NOT an easy week anymore.

BryanBusby 09-03-2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 8875353)
......maybe you need 2 guesses.........

woosh

Setsuna 09-03-2012 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 8875269)

THIS.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 8875276)
Mizzou fans may take a lot of shit from other SEC fans all season long, but you better believe they'll be cheering you on in your bowl game and will defend the shit out of Mizzou to anyone that claims they're not part of the SEC club.

I've never met so defensive of a group than SEC fans. Personally, I can't stand rooting for a rival--ever. But down here outside of the conference nobody ever wants an SEC team to lose. They even taunt other teams (and you could clearly hear it on Saturday when Bama was up 31-0) with "SEC--SEC--SEC" chants.

****ING THIS.

ghak99 09-03-2012 08:51 PM

I can't say I enjoy watching Georgia play at all, but this kid isn't helping the cause. I have a feeling the front of their defense is going to work on our O-line pretty good.

Win or lose, I can't wait to see MU take the field against the SEC schools.

tredadda 09-03-2012 08:55 PM

I think Mizzou will give Georgia more of a fight than UGA thinks they will. I also think UGA is far better than Mizzou thinks they are. The game should be close. I give the edge to Missouri because they are playing at home.

Setsuna 09-08-2012 09:57 PM

Took me forever to find this thread. They did play better than I thought they would but of course UGA did what they were supposed to do to an upstart. All this summed up in one phrase? OLD MAN FOOTBALL

Frazod 09-08-2012 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 8889963)
Took me forever to find this thread. They did play better than I thought they would but of course UGA did what they were supposed to do to an upstart. All this summed up in one word? OLD MAN FOOTBALL

You ****ing ****. Did we play Floriduh tonight? No.

Congrats on beating the Aggots at home. Missouri's done it two years in a row.

Reerun_KC 09-08-2012 10:00 PM

Some one got the money shot tonight.

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-08-2012 10:01 PM

I'm sorry you guys lost tonight but it's just one game and the real tragedy is your uniforms.

Sorry I just couldn't stop myself.

Still friends?

;)

Frazod 09-08-2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8889982)
I'm sorry you guys lost tonight but it's just one game and the real tragedy is your uniforms.

Sorry I just couldn't stop myself.

Still friends?

;)

These are the best uniforms they've ever had. Enjoy your cartoon chicken.

Mr_Tomahawk 09-08-2012 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8889985)

Naw....

These were your best...

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/218376/MU-KU_1.jpg

Al Bundy 09-08-2012 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 8889977)
Some one got the money shot tonight.

Delivered by the Rice Owls.

Frazod 09-08-2012 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 8889992)

Those were okay, but I love the new ones.

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-08-2012 10:05 PM

Quote:

Well that was easy.

:)

I do enjoy my cartoon chicken, thank you.

Bambi 09-08-2012 10:07 PM

Just caught some of the missouri-georgia game tonight. Why doesn't the logo on the helmet match the logo on the field?

Is that on purpose?

CoMoChief 09-08-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

They look arean league-ish

IMO they should have just gone w/ these....

http://www.sectalk.com/board/public/...rocombat_1.jpg

Setsuna 09-08-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8889971)
You ****ing ****. Did we play Floriduh tonight? No.

Congrats on beating the Aggots at home. Missouri's done it two years in a row.

LMAO I know what my team is and I don't put them on some higher level than they actually are like the MU fans. Yall were shown what it takes though. And that's what I said.

Frazod 09-08-2012 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 8890005)
LMAO I know what my team is and I don't put them on some higher level than they actually are like the MU fans. Yall were shown what it takes though. And that's what I said.

No one cares what you think, you inbred turd. Now or ever. Is there not one goddamn Jags board for your stupid ass to infest? **** off.