ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Grand Theft Auto V Trailer (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274400)

Buck 09-11-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9963491)
Yes! Seemed like GTA IV (and others) consisted of nothing but driving people around. This game is going to kick so much ass. Next weekend I'll be pretty worthless. I'd better let the wife know now

I think the general consensus from the gaming community was that everyone wished GTA IV were more like RDR. I guess that basically means more open world with maybe a little less linear storyline. Hopefully this game is as epic as it looks.

Huffmeister 09-11-2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9963643)
more like RDR.

Speaking of RDR, where is the sequel? I haven't even seen a peep about it anywhere.

Mav 09-11-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9963491)
Yes! Seemed like GTA IV (and others) consisted of nothing but driving people around. This game is going to kick so much ass. Next weekend I'll be pretty worthless. I'd better let the wife know now

I got my get out of jail free card last night.

My wife goes as a GTA commercial was on tv, "do you like that game?" and stunned I looked over and go, "yeah, why."

"my sister is playing 4 and is getting 5, so I didn't know if you wanted it."

Get out of jail free card baby.

WHOOOOO.

Wallcrawler 09-11-2013 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 9963908)
I got my get out of jail free card last night.

My wife goes as a GTA commercial was on tv, "do you like that game?" and stunned I looked over and go, "yeah, why."

"my sister is playing 4 and is getting 5, so I didn't know if you wanted it."

Get out of jail free card baby.

WHOOOOO.

*heavy sigh.....*

I hate you.

Wallcrawler 09-11-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffmeister (Post 9963683)
Speaking of RDR, where is the sequel? I haven't even seen a peep about it anywhere.

Well, its no secret that Rockstar has been putting a shit ton of backing into this project, GTA V, and it really looks like its going to pay off.

A side note to that is that when Red Dead Redemption was being made, the teams that were working on it were lodging complaints that R* was basicly slave driving the shit out of these guys with ridiculous hours, rolling deadlines, and it just really wasn't that great of an atmosphere to work in.

Developer Team Bondi echoed these sentiments while they worked on the L.A. Noire game, and basicly said that it would be the last time they ever worked with R*.

Im guessing that during the production of GTA V, they just weren't able to find a team willing to grind out another Red Dead title just yet.

Titty Meat 09-11-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMAC (Post 9962720)
Exactly like that.

Seriously?

kcxiv 09-11-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 9964088)
Well, its no secret that Rockstar has been putting a shit ton of backing into this project, GTA V, and it really looks like its going to pay off.

A side note to that is that when Red Dead Redemption was being made, the teams that were working on it were lodging complaints that R* was basicly slave driving the shit out of these guys with ridiculous hours, rolling deadlines, and it just really wasn't that great of an atmosphere to work in.

Developer Team Bondi echoed these sentiments while they worked on the L.A. Noire game, and basicly said that it would be the last time they ever worked with R*.

Im guessing that during the production of GTA V, they just weren't able to find a team willing to grind out another Red Dead title just yet.

The developers know damn well what they are getting into when they accept a job in video games especially a AAA title like GTA. The thing is a lot of the team has been off the game for a long long time and have moved onto the next game already. Its just all fine tuning for the last 4 months or so maybe longer.

You know damn well RDR2 is being made. Its a big money AAA title. it is coming out. No ifs ands or buts about it.

Wallcrawler 09-11-2013 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9964561)
You know damn well RDR2 is being made. Its a big money AAA title. it is coming out. No ifs ands or buts about it.

While I don't doubt an eventual sequel after the phenomenal sales of the first game and all the DLC packages, I haven't seen anything about it. At this point if it is being worked on, its likely for the next gen consoles which leaves me out of the loop for possibly a helluva long time.

Im looking at possibly getting either XB1 or PS4 with my tax return if there's enough information by that time to make the right decision, but if not, that's a metric f**kton of money for a gamer supporting a family of five.

I do pretty good these days to get the occaisional new game when it releases at 65 bucks.

hometeam 09-11-2013 11:43 PM

Ughh. **** it. Gonna pull the trigger on the 360 version.

bgguitarman 09-12-2013 09:50 AM

Los Santos compared to real life cities

http://gizmodo.com/gta-5-map-compare...ies-1300598028

The Franchise 09-12-2013 09:57 AM

I haven't played a GTA game in forever. This is the first one that I've ever pre-ordered.

Can't. ****ing. Wait.

I've been looking for a game to make me stop playing Borderlands 2. I think I've found it.

Wallcrawler 09-12-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9965632)
I haven't played a GTA game in forever. This is the first one that I've ever pre-ordered.

Can't. ****ing. Wait.

I've been looking for a game to make me stop playing Borderlands 2. I think I've found it.

Dude, no shit.

Borderlands 2 has been awesome for me as well but I think in about 5 days that game's gonna be a memory.

AussieChiefsFan 09-12-2013 10:10 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/B5yZasIbGmI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ultra Peanut 09-12-2013 11:39 PM

Is anyone interested in doing crimes together in GTA Online? That would only be like my favorite thing ever fwiw

Dayze 09-13-2013 07:13 AM

I absolutely love the idea of MP. I'm not sure how much I'd play it; of course, my first ever MP experience was with BF3 and I was hooked lol. We'll see.

I love the game because I can sit down and pound a few beers, and just screw off driving around, exploring, doing crazy shit - and not necessarily need to play a mission.