ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2012 Kansas Football Repository Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=253033)

DeezNutz 12-07-2011 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8178386)
Keegan is saying Herm Edwards maybe.

:popcorn:

Reerun is about to become a Mizzou fan.

Lzen 12-07-2011 02:41 PM

Quote:

Did Keegan say that in an interview or something? Or are you just reading too much into this morning's column?

doomy3 12-07-2011 02:42 PM

Quote:

Wow, that would be something else.

I said when Herm was fired here that he could make an excellent college coach. That would be pretty interesting. A lot like Gill in some ways though, but I would think he would be a better recruiter than Gill.

Mr. Laz 12-07-2011 02:43 PM

Quote:

Herm is enjoying the limelight on ESPN where he can bullshit for a living.

I doubt he coaches again for awhile ... if ever

teedubya 12-07-2011 02:48 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0rlm5ebBqi8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bambi 12-07-2011 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 8178414)
Did Keegan say that in an interview or something? Or are you just reading too much into this morning's column?

no. yes.

Bambi 12-07-2011 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 8178446)
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0rlm5ebBqi8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The guy introducing Leach sucks...wtf? talking about diseases?

You can see the look of regret on Leach's face already

DJ's left nut 12-07-2011 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 8178375)
It's Malzahn!

That actually appears to be a pretty strong hire if KU can seal the deal.

I know folks are killing the defense for KU, but that offense was as bad as any I've ever seen.

DJ's left nut 12-07-2011 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8178412)
Reerun is about to become a Mizzou fan.

For the record - if that were to happen, God would probably be doing me a favor by just striking me dead that day.

Cardinals win the series; MU basketball on a hot streak, MU football headed to the SEC, the Blues are the hottest team in hockey and really, I've given up all hope on the Chiefs anyway so who cares? If Herm Edwards ends up a Jayhawk, the raw insanity that would come of it would just make my day.

That said, I said when he was our head coach that I think he'd be an excellent head coach. The dude knows talent and knows how to coach up a defense. I think he'd be an excellent recruiter as well. KU could be the 'defensive' team in the IIX and win quite a few ballgames that way.

But holy piss, the week or so that followed the announcement would be absolutely epic.

Titty Meat 12-07-2011 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8178276)
They don't compare.

Not saying Kansas' stadium is upper lever but calling it "lame" is just plain being anit-KU.

It's historic (built in the 20's). Still has the track because the football crowds haven't ever driven out the need to preserve the Kansas Relays. Continue selling it out like they were 4 years ago and that track is coming out.

That's the only complaint I have about it. Otherwise it's a terrific setting for a game.

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/...llout-450w.jpg

It's a piece of shit stadium.

Fansy the Famous Bard 12-07-2011 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8178511)

But holy piss, the week or so that followed the announcement would be absolutely epic.

I'm not sure I'd handle that well.

Fansy the Famous Bard 12-07-2011 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8178513)
It's a piece of shit stadium.

I'd have to agree.

DJ's left nut 12-07-2011 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 8178521)
I'm not sure I'd handle that well.

The entire Jayhawk contingent would be wise to just avoid the Planet for about a month.

The raucous laughter would die down soon enough...

DeezNutz 12-07-2011 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8178511)
For the record - if that were to happen, God would probably be doing me a favor by just striking me dead that day.

Cardinals win the series; MU basketball on a hot streak, MU football headed to the SEC, the Blues are the hottest team in hockey and really, I've given up all hope on the Chiefs anyway so who cares? If Herm Edwards ends up a Jayhawk, the raw insanity that would come of it would just make my day.

That said, I said when he was our head coach that I think he'd be an excellent head coach. The dude knows talent and knows how to coach up a defense. I think he'd be an excellent recruiter as well. KU could be the 'defensive' team in the IIX and win quite a few ballgames that way.

I've also said that Herm could be an excellent college HC, but I don't think he'd be able to recruit in the midwest for shit. For him to be successful, I think he would absolutely have to be at a school in CA. Put him at UCLA and he becomes the next Pete Carroll, a mediocre (at best) NFL coach who has the personality to attract top talent b/c of his bullshit and "NFL ties."

Pants 12-07-2011 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8178540)
I've also said that Herm could be an excellent college HC, but I don't think he'd be able to recruit in the midwest for shit. For him to be successful, I think he would absolutely have to be at a school in CA. Put him at UCLA and he becomes the next Pete Carroll, a mediocre (at best) NFL coach who has the personality to attract top talent b/c of his bullshit and "NFL ties."

I think his NFL ties and personality would net him a lot of good kids no matter where he went.