ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU ***** Official 2016/2017 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread ***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=299231)

Pants 12-14-2016 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 12618194)
Id bet Self had saw the tape and that's why he let him sit on the bench at the game. Self has to be treated like a god in Lawrence. He could easily get some cop to show him the tape.

I bet Self simply believed Carlton's side of the story.

BigRedChief 12-14-2016 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 12618440)

maybe. He also has to back his players or he loses the locker room. And worse that would kill him in recruiting. I'm assuming these top Players he gets and other top programs are not choir boys spending their free time at church. But, I think Self runs a clean program so it's good he didn't go all PC and protect his program and throw Bragg under bus.

ChiefsFanatic 12-15-2016 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 12618440)

This.

I think that Self knows his players fairly well after one year. Traveling to Korea with most of these kids probably gives him an even better idea of who they are.

So, when CB said "coach, I know I was dumb for putting myself in that position to begin with, but it didn't happen like she says..." he probably had a good feeling he was telling the truth.

And if it had been Greene or Giddens that said the same thing, he would have had a pretty good idea they weren't being truthful.

I believe that Self is, overall, a really good judge of character, and that's why he isn't afraid to help players "decide" to transfer after only a year or two.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Fansy the Famous Bard 12-15-2016 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 12618380)
He let him sit without taking action because it was the right thing to do, legally and ethically. I highly doubt he saw anything Sat morning when he made his decision. If he had booted Bragg and then it came out he was innocent, his players would be seriously pissed at him (rightfully) as would future recruits.

As would the lawyers of the Bragg family.

Prison Bitch 12-15-2016 08:08 AM

Hahhha. Bill is way too smart to just believe teenage kids when they explain a problem or an arrest, GMAFB.

Lzen 12-15-2016 08:19 AM

I think it's more that Self takes a wait and see approach. He probably believe in the innocent until proven guilty that we should all follow. Many times when one of these stories comes out, the initial reports are not entirely factual. Society and the media tend to judge before facts come out and that is wrong, IMO.

Chief Pagan 12-15-2016 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 12618320)
I think this team is better with Josh Jackson at the 4 anyway, but they couldn't exactly afford to lose a quality big with this team's meager front court depth.

Maybe by the end of the year it will be different, but with the way KU's bigs have been getting fouls, it would hurt to lose even a mediocre big.

Prison Bitch 12-15-2016 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 12618947)
I think it's more that Self takes a wait and see approach. He probably believe in the innocent until proven guilty that we should all follow. Many times when one of these stories comes out, the initial reports are not entirely factual. Society and the media tend to judge before facts come out and that is wrong, IMO.

I'm pretty certain the KUAD has policies on this anyway that he follows.

Dunit35 12-17-2016 07:15 PM

Davidson can't miss from deep.

Be nice to be able to hear the announcers. Game is choppy on my screen.

Lex Luthor 12-17-2016 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 12623196)

Ditto. It's bad enough that I thought about turning on the radio.

Demonpenz 12-17-2016 07:45 PM

KU has no back to the basket player not that Underwear Oldman is gone

Buehler445 12-17-2016 07:49 PM

Bragg beating on these bitches. Too soon?

C3HIEF3S 12-18-2016 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 12623236)
Bragg beating on these bitches. Too soon?

He got a noticeable ovation from the crowd tonight when he was subbed in about midway through the first half.

BigRedChief 12-18-2016 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 12623196)

WTF was that? Couldn't hear the announcers worth a shit but could heat those cheerleaders loud and clear.

BTW, what are they chanting every time on defense? Can we get a petition or something to tell them to knock that shit off?

C3HIEF3S 12-18-2016 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 12623672)
WTF was that? Couldn't hear the announcers worth a shit but could heat those cheerleaders loud and clear.

BTW, what are they chanting every time on defense? Can we get a petition or something to tell them to knock that shit off?

"K-U"
"De-fense"
"Crimson-blue-go-k-u"
"Let's-go-jay-hawks"
"Ohhhhhhhhhhh" (in any place outside of AFH, this is just unnecessary)
Those are some of them. Standing courtside means those chants get embedded in my brain.