ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Jehovah's Witnesses = OWNED (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=142945)

Rausch 06-28-2006 10:53 PM

Jehovah's have common sense. You tell them "no thanks" once and they spread the word. You don't see them again.

After the third pair of bike-peddling-Mormons showed up I turned the ****ing hose on 'em.

Finally the get the idea...

Hammock Parties 06-28-2006 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone
I was one (a regular pioneer infact) for 17 years. Regardless of what they do now... they once SOLD their magazines for .50 cents. The people who went door to door (called publishers or pioneers depending on how many hours they went knocking on doors per month) are now asking "giving away" the Watchtower and the once a month published Awake magazine for "free" but on a donation basis.

By being donation based, they can get around those pesky things called taxes and keep all the loot to themselves.

Look it up sometime.... The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society (known informally as the Jehovah's Witnesses) are actually the largest publishing company in the world. They thrive on free labor (minus room and board) provided by "bethelites" which in turn cuts costs by milions of dollars.

They were also once an NGO (Non-governmental organization) member of the UN. The same organization that they claim to be the "scarlet colored wild beast" and should be no part of.

If they come to your door... please don't be rude to them. For the most part... they have simply been blinded so as to ignore the truths about the organization.

E. Rowe

Formerly of the Prarie Park Cong. in Wichita, KS.

Excellent post! 100% factually true.

Hammock Parties 06-28-2006 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch
Jehovah's have common sense.

You haven't met my grandmother...

Hammock Parties 06-28-2006 10:55 PM

pr_capone, do you have any idea why they switched to using softcovers for their books in recent years? Obviously it's cheaper...I'm wondering if their funds are declining.

Donger 06-28-2006 10:58 PM

Quote:

After the third pair of bike-peddling-Mormons showed up I turned the ****ing hose on 'em.

ROFL

For some reason, they've been scouting my neighborhood recently. I recently answered the door while pretending to hump my son's teddy bear. To give them credit, they got through about 10 seconds of their pitch until I faked my orgasm. Then, they turned and sped rapidly away.

Rausch 06-28-2006 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs
You haven't met my grandmother...

Why?

Is she hot?...

Rausch 06-28-2006 11:02 PM

Quote:

If they come to your door... please don't be rude to them.

Heh.

Some of them are very friendly people... :)

pr_capone 06-28-2006 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moooo
pr_capone, that was an interesting read...

But what can a person expect, in an almost purely-capitalistic society where there is total separation of church and state?

Moooo

I would expect an organization who hold "being no part of this world" to take that mantra literally. An organization that proclaims itself to be the mouthpiece of God should be more concerned about holding its own basic beliefs (such as the U.N. being the "scarlet colored wild beast") in a more serious manner than they do.

I would also expect an organization who proclaims itself to be the mouthpiece of God to not have to resort to blackmail to keep its members in check. The JW's practice a nice little thing called disfellowshipping which is the equivalent of ex-communication. But it is so much more severe than ex-communication though.

Imagine growing up as one of Jehovahs Witnesses. all your life you are told that you are to associate with noone but fellow JW's. Sure.... you have people in school or at work that you get along with.... but you can never really be friends with them. You are aquaintances (sic). Just people who know eachother enough to be civil.

Say one day you do something they dont agree with. Say you and your GF really get into it.... and you have sex. *insert appropriate gasp of horror here* If the "elders" (who usually compromise a group of men who have never recieved any proper semenary training other than a several week long "elder school" (with a book that noone else can look at) feel that you are not repentant enough... they disfellowship you.

Once disfellowshipped, noone that claims to be a JW can talk to youl... even a hello in passing. Your family (though never outright banned) is even discouraged from speaking to you. You are still banned from associating with anyone "wordly" (otherwise reffered to as non-JW) until you are re-instated. Re-instatement usually takes 6+ months.

All this time you are most alone you have ever felt in your life. My mother once told me that I should never even thing about comming by unless I was starving and didnt have enough money for food, or if I was sick and near death.

By the recommendation of my local "elders", my little brother (12 yrs younger and like my own son to me) was kept away from me for over a year.

What would I expect you ask?

I expect an organization that reflect the true spirit of this thing we all "God" which is supposed to be love and forgiveness. Instead, we have an organization that opperates on fear and punishment.

But again.... the majority of people have simply been blinded as to the truth about the organization. There is never any need to be rude to these people when they come to your door. Hell.... if any of you reading this are from Wichita... I prolly knocked on your door once or twice. *shrug*

greg63 06-28-2006 11:09 PM

Quote:

Jehovah's have common sense. You tell them "no thanks" once and they spread the word. You don't see them again.

Finally the get the idea...

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

I would have paid to see that.

pr_capone 06-28-2006 11:11 PM

Quote:

pr_capone, do you have any idea why they switched to using softcovers for their books in recent years? Obviously it's cheaper...I'm wondering if their funds are declining.

Their funds are definately not declining. They are simply less expensive and therefore have more money in the bank.

They have to make up for things like Beth Sarim after all.

Yeah.... go ahead and google Beth Sarim.... your jaw will effin drop.

Moooo 06-28-2006 11:14 PM

Quote:

What would I expect you ask?

I expect an organization that reflect the true spirit of this thing we all "God" which is supposed to be love and forgiveness. Instead, we have an organization that opperates on fear and punishment.

But again.... the majority of people have simply been blinded as to the truth about the organization. There is never any need to be rude to these people when they come to your door. Hell.... if any of you reading this are from Wichita... I prolly knocked on your door once or twice. *shrug*

Cool... Just curious. I don't value any institution, religious or not, to operate on a more morally valued level than the rest of them. I, although not against it, do not think organized religion reflects the word of God or beliefs of the people...

BTW, I always make a point to tell them I'm VERY firm in my religious stance, but if they really think they can to shoot. I've listened to some presentations, but for the most part, the people who go door to door are not the best salesmen.

Moooo

Hammock Parties 06-28-2006 11:19 PM

Quote:

Their funds are definately not declining. They are simply less expensive and therefore have more money in the bank.

They have to make up for things like Beth Sarim after all.

Yeah.... go ahead and google Beth Sarim.... your jaw will effin drop.

Googling now.

Lucky for me I was never baptized...but I wonder if that makes a difference. I'm on good terms with all my family.

pr_capone 06-28-2006 11:23 PM

Quote:

Googling now.

Lucky for me I was never baptized...but I wonder if that makes a difference. I'm on good terms with all my family.

It makes a huge difference. I was baptized in Hutchinson when I was 11.

They hold baptism to be a "contract" that you will be a Jw for the rest of your natural life.

I ask... how the hell can you expect an 11 year old to know what the hell he is getting into and what he wants to do with his life.

I was DF'd (disfellowshipped) when I decided to leave the JW's and join the Army. Any sort of military involvement is showing patriotism and forsaking God... which is of course a no-no.

Rausch 06-28-2006 11:28 PM

Joseph Rutherford was clearly out of his skull.

That said, he's just a pioneer that Jim Baker appeared to learn from. And only God knows how many after them...

Moooo 06-28-2006 11:29 PM

that Beth Sarim... that's a quality investment... San Diego property is booming, and when Abraham DOES come back, he's gonna need a nice place to stay, away from all that Israel turmoil...

Moooo