ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs I think its time for the Cassel doubters to eat their crow (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=238686)

RedThat 12-19-2010 03:44 PM

I think its time for the Cassel doubters to eat their crow

The kid deserves some respect.

After todays game Im starting to believe in the guy as our quarterback. He just displayed a true testament of toughness out there and leadership.

To some people I understand its about him leading us to the playoffs and winning the superbowl in order for them to be satisfied...yada yada yada

Im not going to go by that mindset at all. I look at this game and I see the way he played and it tells me a lot about his character. We should be proud. We got a pretty good quarterback folks. That 2nd round pick we gave up was well worth it.

I think composure, toughness, and leadership are key attributes for a quarterback. Cassel has those qualities and I also love the fact that he plays with passion too.

However, I believe the number one attribute as a quarterback is the ability to respond under pressure. So now I don't want to jump the gun here and say he has that capability, but I will say, after coming back from an appendectomy and performing the way he did, is a great sign and a step in the direction towards performing well under pressure. So far so good Matt. Keep up the good work:thumb: you sure as heck got my support.

|Zach| 12-19-2010 03:45 PM

Who even gives a shit. Lets just keep winning.

mnchiefsguy 12-19-2010 03:45 PM

Cassel showed grit, leadership, and toughness today. He played far better than Ben R. did when he came back from surgery. Cassel was definitely a big difference today, the guys responded to him.

siberian khatru 12-19-2010 03:46 PM

Even after a week off, he continues to do the positive things he wasn't doing the first half of the year, and in much more consistent fashion.

petegz28 12-19-2010 03:46 PM

I will admit that I am of a different opinion of him over the last few weeks than I was the first few. He looks like he is starting to "get it". Threw his 1st pic in forever today and took his first sack that was HIS fault today in a long time as well. Last year that spelled a loss. Today he played through it, played through some adversity and injury and led his team to a must win on the road.

tmax63 12-19-2010 03:47 PM

Taking that hit in the 2nd qtr from Long and not even wincing/flinching showed me alot today. I think it showed more to his teammates than us fans as well.

Hammock Parties 12-19-2010 03:47 PM

No, it isn't.

He had an average game against a bad defense.

You people really need to have higher standards.

It was a gutty, winning peformance, but he has a ways to go before he proves he's worthy of being called a franchise QB. He has to play well the next three weeks in a row, or there will be questions.

rockymtnchief 12-19-2010 03:47 PM

I ate mine a few weeks ago because of his play.

Today I give him even more respect for playing, getting knocked on his ass hard, and popping back up. He's got grit.

LaChapelle 12-19-2010 03:47 PM

KEEP ****ING DOUBTING THE ****ING CASSEL DOUBTERS!!!!!!11

Old Dog 12-19-2010 03:48 PM

Medium well please.
I know that I'm one of the only ones that didn't think he was the answer at QB though.

petegz28 12-19-2010 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gif Horse (Post 7273141)
No, it isn't.

He had an average game against a bad defense.

You people really need to have higher standards.

It was a gutty, winning peformance, but he has a ways to go before he proves he's worthy of being called a franchise QB. He has to play well the next three weeks in a row, or there will be questions.

S
T
F
U
!

****ing hater

Pants 12-19-2010 03:48 PM

I'm here to eat my crow, but he can still improve. I now think that winning a playoff game with Matt as our QB is possible.

ChiefsCountry 12-19-2010 03:48 PM

He has to win in the playoffs. Bottom line. I want wins in January and February. This good in the regular season really don't mean shit when it comes down to it. Cassel has played the last couple of months with about everything we want in a franchise QB but it comes down to winning when it counts.

kstater 12-19-2010 03:49 PM

Nope. Not gonna believe until he bounces one off the jumbotron for a TD completion.

Ming the Merciless 12-19-2010 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gif Horse (Post 7273141)
He has to play well the next three weeks in a row, or there will be questions.

http://i56.tinypic.com/1zuixe.jpg