ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Romeo Crennel As Defensive Coordinator - SP Fired Spagnuolo (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269282)

houstonwhodat 01-24-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9348966)
He's a good Defensive mind. Just don't ever think about promoting him to HC. Ever.

Sean Payton's back so don't worry about that.

But the Saints need a DC now.

I can't imagine SP firing Spags without someone else in mind.

SP has been sitting back and watching the Saints D flounder all year and it probably made him furious.

If the Saints had an even mediocre defense this year they would have been in the playoffs.

DTLB58 01-24-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9348938)
Sean Payton ain't playing around.

He just got reinstated this week and today he fired DC Steve Spagnuolo and said they are moving to a 3-4.

Lots of Saints fans think they should hire Romeo.

What's your honest opinion of that?

Seemed like Romeo was lost as a HC but don't really know his history as a DC.

Please elaborate.

How old is someone not to know RAC's history of a DC? Holy crap!
ProFootball Reference.com is good.

RunKC 01-24-2013 08:18 PM

He would be a great hire for the Saints.

He's been able to get under the skin of a lot of elite QB's and frustrate them, namely Peyton Manning.

He didn't have an offense worth a shit to help him here. Having Brees and the Saints offense backing him up would be perfect for RAC.

-King- 01-24-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9348980)
I think his system is outdated, but you could still do worse.

You could do A LOT worse than Romeo at DC.

Titty Meat 01-24-2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9348963)
He was a great DC in 2001

In 2013....not so much.

What? His defense was 11th without his best player 2 years ago.

houstonwhodat 01-24-2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58 (Post 9348985)
How old is someone not to know RAC's history of a DC? Holy crap!
ProFootball Reference.com is good.

I wanted to hear you guys first hand experience.

SAUTO 01-24-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9349003)
What? His defense was 11th without his best player 2 years ago.

DJ was out for a season?
Posted via Mobile Device

mlyonsd 01-24-2013 08:22 PM

Romeo is way overrated at anything he does.

Fritz88 01-24-2013 08:23 PM

He's a good DC despite what some say here.

I'd hire him.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sorter 01-24-2013 08:25 PM

Well, the Saints are going to see a lot of Roman Harper up in the box and being victimized by TEs.

RealSNR 01-24-2013 08:26 PM

That defensive line of the Saints is going to be completely unfamiliar to 2-gapping.

houstonwhodat, you guys should trade for Tyson Jackson. We'll take Jimmy Graham off your hands. With Jackson, the transition to Romeo's scheme will be eased quite a bit. Sound good?

chiefzilla1501 01-24-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9349005)
I wanted to hear you guys first hand experience.

Romeo's a real sound defensive mind. But what you're going to get is an overly conservative defense with very well coached players. He's not going to attack a whole ton. And by the way, it means you have to restructure your offensive line to bring in slow defensive ends and big OLBs.

No team should be transitioning into 2-gap right now. There's a reason why no team runs it. The only 2-gap guys left coordinating are Sutton and Bowles. And I'm 99% sure Sutton isn't running 2-gap.

houstonwhodat 01-24-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9349018)
That defensive line of the Saints is going to be completely unfamiliar to 2-gapping.

houstonwhodat, you guys should trade for Tyson Jackson. We'll take Jimmy Graham off your hands. Sound good?

Lot's of people would love to have Jimmy Graham. That dude is a BEAST and he still doesn't know what he's doing yet.

houstonwhodat 01-24-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9349023)
Romeo's a real sound defensive mind. But what you're going to get is an overly conservative defense with very well coached players. He's not going to attack a whole ton. And by the way, it means you have to restructure your offensive line to bring in slow defensive ends and big OLBs.

No team should be transitioning into 2-gap right now. There's a reason why no team runs it. The only 2-gap guys left coordinating are Sutton and Bowles. And I'm 99% sure Sutton isn't running 2-gap.

Something has to be done about these "running quarterbacks" and the read option.

It's only going to get worse until someone cleans Englebert Humperdink's clock.

Someone from the Ravens should take care of that.

Gravedigger 01-24-2013 08:29 PM

When he focuses on his craft, he's a motivating coach that gets the best out of his players. If he's asked to do too much, like most coordinators, he gets overwhelmed. I'd take him as DC over Sutton imho.